Author Topic: birds eye view of a field  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
birds eye view of a field
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 04:03:04 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
Um because its been around as long as I can remember and I bet everyone has known about it just as long.

its kinda like making a thread saying:

"Hey guys did you know you can fly planes in this game. I mean wow a plane. Its ganna be usefull when those enemy planes are attacking our fields."

Um, you assume that everyone knows about it?  

Why?  Because you do and apparently have for some time?

As someone else pointed out, this is not something that is documented.  So knowing about it only becomes a reality if you stumble on it yourself or someone tells you.

I applaud cherish for sharing something he thinks everyone could benefit from.

Yet you laugh at him

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 04:18:47 PM »
Thanks for the tips chrish483,

I did not know that I could use it in the Shore Battery as well.
:aok
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 04:34:07 PM »
Greed

Is the only reason you and other's did not know about it.
They do not want it fixed, they do not want to loose that advantage.

They do not consider it a bug because they use and exsploit it to gain the advantage. and after all (but the game lets me) is the only ground they have to stand on.

Yeah, this should not be, it is the very same reason you drive to a field, set yourself up to be ubber secret, and some player comes from nowhere, drives RIGHT out to you, and nail you with a few shots. (Thats with or without your shots giving you away).

That, is all the reasons of truth i can muster.

Sorry for the size, but it must be shown.

Green circle is my aaa gun, the purple is a tank (m8) by the train bridge.
the AAA guns could NOT shoot him as there rounds fall way short, and i could not even see him sue to hills and objects in my view path.

Anything that moves, i can see.
Highly unacceptable.

:Edit" if you think to yourself *i dont see a purple circle* it is there, that just go's to show how hard they should be to spot, and they are not.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 04:36:55 PM by BaDkaRmA158Th »
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2008, 05:31:23 PM »
Guess what BaDkaRmA158Th...you can do the same thing by upping a fighter on the runway...which was just recently added (you could always do the same with bombers)

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 05:41:02 PM »
MY POINT:Simply zooming out, you can see more of the field from a constant view, than you ever could flying even 3-4k above it "because your moving then"

I was able to spot the gv even before he started shooting, wanna know how?

Two tiny little pixels moved from (i assume) his .50 gun.
Something so small gave him away at a range most likely impossible to see while on the ground.

Can anyone realy say this is not one of the most (gamed) under spoken assets players use the most when defending fields from gv's. Think to yourself how many times you have drove a good long way, seein' no planes or gv's to give away your position, then miliseconds after your engines stop, you see two or three gv's fly out and head directly to you. No guess work, no scouting..just BAM, hi we know where you are.

The comedic thing is im not realy much for gv's but ill be darned if i see something that gives the other player the advantage, know about it and not speak up.

:confused:
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2008, 05:57:12 PM »
Originally posted by BaDkaRmA158Th

The comedic thing is im not realy much for gv's but ill be darned if i see something that gives the other player the advantage, know about it and not speak up.

And you've known about it how long?

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2008, 06:07:43 PM »
Originally posted by Donzo
Um, you assume that everyone knows about it?  

Why?  Because you do and apparently have for some time?

As someone else pointed out, this is not something that is documented.  So knowing about it only becomes a reality if you stumble on it yourself or someone tells you.

I applaud cherish for sharing something he thinks everyone could benefit from.

Yet you laugh at him

Um if you didnt know about this your a noob, but even when I was a noob I knew about it.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2008, 06:11:21 PM »
I used this little 'trick' to help direct CV fire on a town....

'you're long by 100"

"now, aim right 50"

If it can be used by both sides....what's the problem?

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2008, 06:16:12 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
Um if you didnt know about this your a noob, but even when I was a noob I knew about it.

Not a noob here my friend.  I have known about this for quite a while.

My commentary had nothing to do with me knowing about it or not.  It had everything to do with your ridiculing cherish.  

But given your initial response and this one, I do not think that you will understand any of this.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2008, 06:21:19 PM »
You can also do this in bombers. I don't think it's a bug. I think the various view modes were added intentionally, since they can be mapped to keys, and display messages in the buffer when they are selected.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2008, 06:27:08 PM »
Originally posted by BaDkaRmA158Th

Can anyone realy say this is not one of the most (gamed) under spoken assets players use the most when defending fields from gv's. Think to yourself how many times you have drove a good long way, seein' no planes or gv's to give away your position, then miliseconds after your engines stop, you see two or three gv's fly out and head directly to you. No guess work, no scouting..just BAM, hi we know where you are.

Definately not the most gamed feature for defending a feild. Turning down detail, however, is.

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2008, 06:33:48 PM »
And you've known about it how long?

two days.

:Edit: yes and while the slider graphics detail issues has been solved and will be released in this next update.
can we say the same for the bird eye view?

And while the ability to see your target may be easy'er with graphics turned down, FINDING them was most likely done via, control tower or the aa guns, period.

and therein lies the real problem.

Even when you do sit on the runway in a plane, you must then climb out, find the target and attack them (after locating them) In a gv, you know where you spawn, where to turn where to go, where to aim your gun.

needless to say wehn i did figure this out, i was kinda in :O  :cry

And while these views are possible from a bomber's view, they still are not ENABLED from a gv' standpoint, (why?) because it gives other gv's the advantage, so how is it not the advantage to give people defending the field the ability to goto the tower, or a gun, and see higher,further and more steady the incoming threats even planes have hard times with.
(does it give them the advantage?) is the only question. (yes)

Its not right, must be fixed.

And with the cv's (a little bias i know), but i can see the ability to zoom out to hit ground target via someone being the spotter, unless we get recon planes or scout planes any time soon, i guess its the only way, unless you rely on a fighter, who is probably to busy defending himself to worry about where some Cv guys guns are hitting.

For whatever its worth.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 06:45:20 PM by BaDkaRmA158Th »
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2008, 06:41:40 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
You can also do this in bombers. I don't think it's a bug. I think the various view modes were added intentionally, since they can be mapped to keys, and display messages in the buffer when they are selected.

He's talking about using F5 and F8 to look around...not the different view modes.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2008, 08:54:17 PM »
He's talking about using F5 and F8 to look around...not the different view modes.

Yes, Donzo, I know that. That is what I'm referring to, not the View Distance keys. This "exploit" is mapped by default, and works for bombers, fighters when on the runway, field and ship gunners, and those in the tower, and has for as long as I can recall, with the exception of fighters, for whom it was recently added.

It's the view distance modes that have the messages in the buffer, not those I'm referring to.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 08:57:50 PM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2008, 11:09:57 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
One night on Donut... A few of us were defending a Vbase in tanks. One guy continously gaves us information on local vox "Antoher one up at spawn... there's one going behind that hill... watch it, next to you behind the woods there is someone waiting for you" and so on.
I really wondered how he was able to spot them all...

It took me three tours to discover that you could hop into manned ack and hit F5! :o :D

I MISS THE DONUT MAP!!
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes