Author Topic: Suicide bombers and why  (Read 10798 times)

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
Re: Suicide bombers and why
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2008, 12:10:49 PM »
Was there a vulch going on at the field? That's what usually get's a CV sunk. Vulching get's pretty lame, pretty quickly, making someone grab a buff.

Bomb 'n bail is almost a seperate issue, for it's a problem for everyone, war-fighter and furballer alike.

However, I've bailed out of a fighter, to jump in the 5-incher when buffs' get close, and I can't get my fighter up to alt in time to stop the buff runs. It's usually better than screaming like an armchair-general squeaker, for someone to kill the buffs, because your too worried about K/D ratio, or are worried about landing kills, to do it yourself. I mean, if the CV furball was about the fun, then those things' won't matter, but a minute or two of your time in the 5-inch might keep it going, right?

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2008, 12:12:40 PM »

CVs are legitimate targets. If they weren't legitimate targets, and couldnt be sunk, all it would do is change locations of furballs. Be that as it may Im against heavy bombers being able to stuka, would like to see CVs more survivable, and dont much go after them myself. I used to slaughter them wholesale in B-26s but havnt done so in a few months. At most I'll get shot up trying to dive bomb them.

Ive always gotten a kick out of hearing on these boards how its lame to attack CVs. And yet Ive seen a hundred times dozens of sticks taking off from them and not one sticking around to protect them from IB bombers. Its most hilarious when you have cap with dozens of airplanes clubbing baby seals, not one of them flying high and tight over the CV to protect it. :lol Or, not one showing initiative and taking out ords at nearby bases.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2008, 12:17:53 PM »
why not just get rid of bombers? :confused:
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2008, 12:21:17 PM »
Can someone tell me exactly how someone flying over is to determine if a fight is "a fun furball" or if it's a clash of attackers and defenders revolving around a potential base capture?

Perhaps our original poster can clarify?

Oh, and didn't HT say the point of the game was to PO the other guy?  I guess someone succeeded (30x).
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2008, 12:24:07 PM »

Oh probably cause many would quit. A lot of us, especially the older generation, love the game because its a realistic combat flight sim of an actual war. One that we've been studying our entire lives. One that shaped human destiny more then any other. And in this war bombers made a bigger impact then any other airplane.

If they got rid of bombers, and made the CVs indestructible, can you just imagine the squeaking?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2008, 12:28:31 PM »
                           Oh probably cause many would quit. A lot of us, especially the older generation, love the game because its a realistic combat flight sim of an actual war. One that we've been studying our entire lives. One that shaped human destiny more then any other. And in this war bombers made a bigger impact then any other airplane.

WOW thats pretty deep
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2008, 12:37:27 PM »

Great Idea!

Then we wouldn,t need the 163 or 262 anymore either!

Wouldn't really need ANY planes with cannons any more would we?

No need for planes to go over 10k anymore.

They really wouldn't need to be that fast either.

Planes with 303 cal. should do nicely, get rid of all 50 cals.

Shouldn,t need more than that if you got "da skills".

If you really got "skills", you shouldn't need a plane at all, should you?

Lets get this back to basic "furballin"!!

A bunch of guys on the ground thrownin rocks at each other.

Not Big rocks either! We wouldn't wanna knock somebody out and ruin their "fun".

Come to think of it, we could just sit around and insult each other and call each other names!!

Naaaaah,  we already got that in the BBs.

Just keep the bombers then.

Your Favorite Nickel Member,

Boner
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2008, 12:39:29 PM »
It's the game, just like, vulching, hoeing, spawn camping, there is probably more that I've cursed about at one time or another. Adapt and over-come.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2008, 12:48:54 PM »
While I agree that dive bombing heavies are an abomination, I disagree with the idea of not bombing a cv or field if a large furball is present.

If I up a set of buffs and fly 2-3 (or more) sectors to bomb what initially seemed like an attempted base take, why should I have to agonize over whether or not someone down there might be "having fun"?

Should I :

A.  Take a poll on the "fun" factor of the furball and let the majority decide if I should drop my bombs or not?

B. Ask politely on 200 if anyone would mind if I sunk the CV?

C. Sink the CV? ( after all it's destructable for a reason)

D. Upon spotting the furball, just RTB so I don,t take the chance of ruining even one persons idea of fun.

Undecidedly Yours,

Boner
I think a common sense question to yourself would suffice, "I see 50 planes down there fighting for more than an hour in between a base and a cv, "should I bomb one of them's hangar/cv so as to wipe both darbars from the area?"  If your answer is yes, then you are a coward little griefer type who should be in the TA learning to join in the dogfighting fun! :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2008, 12:52:55 PM »
                        CVs are legitimate targets. If they weren't legitimate targets, and couldnt be sunk, all it would do is change locations of furballs. Be that as it may Im against heavy bombers being able to stuka, would like to see CVs more survivable, and dont much go after them myself. I used to slaughter them wholesale in B-26s but havnt done so in a few months. At most I'll get shot up trying to dive bomb them.

Ive always gotten a kick out of hearing on these boards how its lame to attack CVs. And yet Ive seen a hundred times dozens of sticks taking off from them and not one sticking around to protect them from IB bombers. Its most hilarious when you have cap with dozens of airplanes clubbing baby seals, not one of them flying high and tight over the CV to protect it. :lol Or, not one showing initiative and taking out ords at nearby bases.
Rich, don't take it out of context, there was no vulching, no fear of a base capture, just 50 or so guys furballing in between a cv and a base.  The tard who dropped the cv, is the type who goes looking for the biggest dar bar on the map so he can feel important when he makes a difference, no matter the cost of the 50 others fun!  Of course, the furball instantly ends, and then everyone starts looking for another good fight, but some just log, and then others get dispersed and ends up no other large furballs appear sometimes for days on end.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2008, 01:03:45 PM »
I think a common sense question to yourself would suffice, "I see 50 planes down there fighting for more than an hour in between a base and a cv, "should I bomb one of them's hangar/cv so as to wipe both darbars from the area?"  If your answer is yes, then you are a coward little griefer type who should be in the TA learning to join in the dogfighting fun! :aok

Name calling?

What was i thinking?

I actually expected a "somewhat" intelligent response.

Maybe next time. :aok

Your Favorite Cowardly Little Griefer Type,

Boner
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2008, 01:16:02 PM »
Much as I understand the anger and annoyance when something enjoyable in the game gets disrupted for what seems like no good reason, I think this kind of complaint is actually rather self-centered, arrogant and small-minded, if you really think about it.

Why?  Because it purports to trash someone else's gameplay and accuse them of spoiling your fun, as if you (and any so engaged with you) are the only ones who's fun matters.  You are, in a sense, stating your way of playing is the only way of playing and shame on someone for ruining your fun by not valuing the same type of gameplay.  Boo hoo.

Nah, what he is saying is that there were a lot of people having fun and ONE ruined it for all.  I am sure there were other CVs to sink if the guys was looking for a target.  He is not saying that his way is the only way.  He is saying that you may want to try and take YOUR game play in a place that it does not disrupt the game play of 30 people.  So, who is self-centered, arrogant and small-minded, if you really think about it?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2008, 01:20:01 PM »
BRING BACK THE FT WITH THE INDESTRUCTABLE FH's, NO TROOPS, AND A 30K HILL AROUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in all seriousness I would love to see that map return.  If only to start hearing all the toolshedders whine about how everyone is wasting their time furballing over FT again.  That one always gets a good laugh outta me.

In all seriousness, I would hate to see that map return. If only to start hearing all the furballers whine about how everyone is wasting their time taking bases again. That one always gets a good laugh outta me.

Greetings from Bizzaro world,

Renob

OOOOOOPS

Ah see, here's the thing: furballers don't whine that others aren't furballing, so your clever edit is wasted on me!  muhahahhahahaha
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline DakOne

• Zinc Member
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2008, 01:21:25 PM »
Fighter town as is was with 30K mountains, no troops and indestructable hangers sounds like the best fix to the issue.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2008, 01:54:07 PM »

I play for the big ships, thank you. If it were just fighters in furballs and no depth of thought or strategy, I'd tire from the lack of variety and go elsewhere.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"