Author Topic: When torturing is OK for feds shouldn't it be allowed for others too?  (Read 3956 times)

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Re: When torturing is OK for feds shouldn't it be allowed for others too?
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2008, 01:51:28 PM »
Spoken like a true Fascist, Nuke. Think about it.

Just stating cold hard facts.

When ANY nation goes to a war of survival, they will do whatever it takes to win. If you are a nation in a war for  survival and you take away any of your options, then you are just being foolish. 

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2008, 01:53:45 PM »
Killing enemy soldiers, even from afar, is not indecent and certainly not uncivilized, no matter how defenseless they are.

So you are okay with killing, but you have a problem with waterboarding, which causes no harm?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2008, 01:55:08 PM »
Just stating cold hard facts.

When ANY nation goes to a war of survival, they will do whatever it takes to win. If you are a nation in a war for  survival and you take away any of your options, then you are just being foolish. 

Yet reality is the realization that this nation has never had to rely on torture to win anything ... no matter how many theoretical examples of it's use you provide. Nor does it now. You're just being ridiculous. :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2008, 01:55:39 PM »
So you are okay with killing, but you have a problem with waterboarding, which causes no harm?

You so don't get that and it's painfully obvious. :)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2008, 01:58:15 PM »
Some just don't have the stomach to do what it takes to survive. If you're going to hamstring those who do just remember it's your own damn fault when you lose everything.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2008, 01:58:48 PM »
You so don't get that and it's painfully obvious. :)

Well, lets try to understand each other then.

I think that in a war, killing all enemies is okay. What do you think?

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2008, 02:00:44 PM »
Yet reality is the realization that this nation has never had to rely on torture to win anything ... no matter how many theoretical examples of it's use you provide. Nor does it now. You're just being ridiculous. :D

So you are saying we never tortured anyone? Then what is the problem? We don't torture, we just a-bomb.

That's what you are saying. Makes me laugh.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2008, 02:02:35 PM »
Instead of water boarding terrorists, we should just nuke all of Iraq. Then Arlo would never have a complaint about torture.

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2008, 02:04:30 PM »

First of all let me repeat: Water torture does cause harm. If you think otherwise I suggest you try it.

Second: Yes Nuke, if you have to kill someone do it, but do it as humanly as is practically possible. Don't make people suffer if you can avoid it, even the enemy, and even if the enemy is not so generous. If you capture a terrorist on the field of battle that you are within your rights to execute him for his crimes, but not to torture him. I know you don't get this, and that's sad.
“I’m an angel. I kill first borns while their mommas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even – when I feel like it – rip the souls from little girls and now until kingdom come the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never ever understanding why.”

-Archangel Gabriel, The P

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2008, 02:08:41 PM »
First of all let me repeat: Water torture does cause harm. If you think otherwise I suggest you try it.

Second: Yes Nuke, if you have to kill someone do it, but do it as humanly as is practically possible. Don't make people suffer if you can avoid it, even the enemy, and even if the enemy is not so generous. If you capture a terrorist on the field of battle that you are within your rights to execute him for his crimes, but not to torture him. I know you don't get this, and that's sad.

So killing someone is okay, but making them suffer for a bit is just inhumane?

So if I capture a terrorist on the field of battle, I can execute him and that's okay with you? I just can't water board him?

That's funny! :)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2008, 02:09:09 PM »
Well, lets try to understand each other then.

I think that in a war, killing all enemies is okay. What do you think?

I think the rules of the Geneva convention were formed to prevent war atrocity and abuse of those taken into custody, giving them protection under the law until tried and possibly convicted.

Do we understand each other now? :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2008, 02:10:46 PM »
So you are saying we never tortured anyone? Then what is the problem? We don't torture, we just a-bomb.

That's what you are saying. Makes me laugh.

No ... what I'm saying is we don't have to do everything the enemy does to defeat them. Your thinking process is just a bit simplistic in that regard. You're not the only one laughing.  :lol

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2008, 02:13:12 PM »
I think the rules of the Geneva convention were formed to prevent war atrocity and abuse of those taken into custody, giving them protection under the law until tried and possibly convicted.

Do we understand each other now? :D

As long as you understand that the Geneva conventions never mattered to anyone other than the "good" guys. Geneva convention rules only slowed down the good guys. The bad guys never followed them and never will.

Now do we understand each other?

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2008, 02:13:18 PM »
Some just don't have the stomach to do what it takes to survive. If you're going to hamstring those who do just remember it's your own damn fault when you lose everything.

Perfect example of frightened sheep syndrome. How many Americans have been killed by terrorism in America compare to say ... food poisoning?

"do what it takes to survive." I'd almost laugh if it was just you. Unfortunately a lot of Americans are just as deluded as you. My survival tip to you would be to smell your food before you eat it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 02:16:07 PM by Lumpy »
“I’m an angel. I kill first borns while their mommas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even – when I feel like it – rip the souls from little girls and now until kingdom come the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never ever understanding why.”

-Archangel Gabriel, The P

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2008, 02:16:15 PM »
Perfect example of frightened sheep syndrome. How many Americans have been killed in America compare to say ... food poisoning?

"do what it takes to survive." I'd almost laugh if it was just you. Unfortunately a lot of Americans are just as deluded as you.

yeah? What does food poisoning have to do with war and a nations survival?

In a war, you do whatever it takes to win. It's really that simple.