Author Topic: When torturing is OK for feds shouldn't it be allowed for others too?  (Read 3977 times)

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: When torturing is OK for feds shouldn't it be allowed for others too?
« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2008, 05:49:30 PM »
Have you been in a war John?
“I’m an angel. I kill first borns while their mommas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even – when I feel like it – rip the souls from little girls and now until kingdom come the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never ever understanding why.”

-Archangel Gabriel, The P

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2008, 05:52:55 PM »
Have you been in a war John?

we are all in a war right now, a war of survival, thats what you don't understand.

Offline Brownshirt

• Zinc Member
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2008, 05:59:36 PM »
Heh... kinda funny to compare Beslan's murderers handling in russia to detainees US is keeping in Guantanamo:
Russians have already convicted the terrorists but US... well:

About 800 detainees have been kept in Gitmo, of those 485 have been released (some after years of imprisonment) without charges.
3 has been charged and 1 (that's one) has been convicted.

Is there any possibilities to fk up human rights worse than that? Heck even Russians have handled the situation better than US and knowing that country it's pretty amazing. OR perhaps it's amazing how badly US have taken care of that issue.

Offline Brownshirt

• Zinc Member
« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2008, 06:00:23 PM »
we are all in a war right now, a war of survival, thats what you don't understand.

How old are you?

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2008, 06:05:21 PM »
How old are you?

too old for you, besides i'm heterosexual, that means i don't date guys.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2008, 06:13:29 PM »
Lumpy if you think what the US is doing now is bad for the poor terrorists, just wait until the next 911 hits us. I have a feeling the gloves will officially be off then.

I think we should have put those 3 guys that received  water-boarding on Pay Per View television. It would help pay for the hassle we had to go through to capture those animals.

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2008, 06:18:15 PM »

That is the new most silly argument I've read here. Terrorism has been around for ages and is certainly nothing new for Europeans, Africans, and Asians. That America got a particularly rude wake-up call back in 2001 doesn't change anything, except perhaps prove that Americans really are the most hysterical people on Earth. I've been involved with two acts of terrorism. The first time I was one of those charged with preventing/containing it, the second time I was one of the potential victims. I do not consider myself at war with anyone, nor does the vast majority of my countrymen, or the world for that matter. The so called War on Terror is a farce. It is no more a war than the so called War on Drugs or the War on Cancer. It is a deliberate misuse of the word to create fear and submission. You use it here in the same way by trying to justify unjustifiable acts simply because you're at "war". You're not at war, nor is terrorism a threat to your survival. Trust me, in a US court of law I could be declared an expert witness on both. If you're worried about survival my tip would be to eat healthy and regular exercise, terrorism is a negligible threat to your life. :)

Goodnight all. <S>
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 06:20:18 PM by Lumpy »
“I’m an angel. I kill first borns while their mommas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even – when I feel like it – rip the souls from little girls and now until kingdom come the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never ever understanding why.”

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2008, 07:32:20 PM »
so who is lumpy?  No doubt he has been through the revolving door more than once.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2008, 03:00:41 AM »
How many times do you call people fascists? Give it a rest.

How many times can they express themselves like one. Give it a rest yourownself! :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2008, 04:20:23 AM »
you don't understand what war means. Unfortunately not surprising.

Because anyone who doesn't think torture is the road to victory obviously can't understand what war is? Hmmm ... how Orwellian.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oxelLtVhwk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torture

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2008, 04:21:58 AM »

And though he could not answer yes he rationalized it so.

Offline doogan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2008, 04:31:17 AM »
And though he could not answer yes he rationalized it so.
here's a warm gingersnap, arlo. 

nite.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2008, 04:54:35 AM »
Off topic.
To Lumpy and Brownshirt. Skuzzy has pardoned all the PNGed. Feel free to step out of the shade. ;)
See Rule #4

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2008, 06:10:33 AM »
here's a warm gingersnap, arlo. 

nite.

Thanks, Doogie! (More an Oreo guy but ... I never turn down free offered in a friendly way.) :D

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2008, 08:34:27 AM »
so who is lumpy?  No doubt he has been through the revolving door more than once.

I'm a blue moose can't you tell? And for obvious reasons I hate revolving doors!