Author Topic: I predict...  (Read 2051 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: I predict...
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 05:21:58 AM »

Another angle .... ketchup everywhere. You hit me right in the cheeseburger and I don't have long to live. I continue to fire passing through your formation ... you switch to front guns as I pass but you miss that time. I start to black out frequently right away ... hitting wep.

4 bish - 2 rooks 10k around me.

Blacking out and looking for a place to belly in (not realizing my belly tank is still firmly attached), OM is dogging my trail.

Same odds.

OM goes low six stealth to sneak up on me. He doesn't realize I'm blacked out but can still hear him. I'm hoping against hope it's one of those rare LW pilots who aren't wanting to bump up their kill stats and realize I'm pretty much helpless but still trying to make it back. Not a threat or challenge at this point. But with a belly tank on I suppose it didnt seem like I was either looking to ditch or aware. I might have dropped my gear upon awakening just to see but I'm way too fast - even with my throttle down to nadda. Three Bish - one Rook in my sphere. But for all practical purposes it's odds of just 1 to 0 (me).

Throttle still completely bottomed and lining up to skid the beach - OM gains rapidly. Maybe he thought this was some kind of rookie merge tactic. I've known OM long enough to know he doesn't ever take down someone who's made it known they're out of the fight. I've got 200 off (it's just become radio free juvie ... I need to keep it off for good) ... so there's no begging for mercy via that avenue. I hear the sound of the 190, the cannons ... I wasn't blacked out when I no longer had control of the horizontal axis. I slipped to the sea.

So no, TK ... I didn't notice how massively outnumbered you were when you skillfully defended the Germanese homeland. Nor did you seem massively outnumbered at the vulchfest fifteen minutes later. Numbers were pretty equal. Just energy and alt wasn't. Ta .... thanks for letting me put my own slideshow up. :D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 05:30:38 AM by Arlo »

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 05:35:39 AM »
My pics are still up. Please show me where I photoshoped them? You want to talk about vulch fest 10 minutes before OM was getting vulched over and over by two 68th. Im guessing your "vulch fest" was the furball we where having that kept getting closer and closer to your base. After a while we ended up right over the allied base, but you guys kept uping.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 05:45:15 AM »
My pics are still up. Please show me where I photoshoped them? You want to talk about vulch fest 10 minutes before OM was getting vulched over and over by two 68th. Im guessing your "vulch fest" was the furball we where having that kept getting closer and closer to your base. After a while we ended up right over the allied base, but you guys kept uping.

I didn't say you did. What I *said* was if you want to present accurate data via pictures ... use the tool that tells the whole story and use it that way without photoshopping it (as in, yes, TK ... the data on the sidebar *can* be photoshopped by the skilled - but why?).

And your definition of what a vulchfest *isn't* is as rationalized as your response that when YOUR numbers are high it doesn't mean anything because half of you are in tanks grabbing bases.

Now lighten up, Francis. I'm still being quite civil. Even shared a valuable AAR method. :D

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 05:55:36 AM »
I didn't say you did. What I *said* was if you want to present accurate data via pictures ... use the tool that tells the whole story and use it that way without photoshopping it (as in, yes, TK ... the data on the sidebar *can* be photoshopped by the skilled - but why?).

Im sorry but Im on dial up and am not about to wait an hour to uplaod pictures. All the pictures I posted show an out number axis flyer getting ganged by the whining "if not fair, the axis always have numbers" guys. None of them are photoshoped or modified. I took them from a film and only cut out the extra pixels to cut down size.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 06:05:59 AM »
Hmmm ... you're too offended to understand what I'm hinting at. Your pictures can only show one angle. Angle can mislead .. whether you are actually trying to or not. Try my method next time. It not only shows a pic .... it describes the enviroment around you out to 10k yds, including the ratio of sides, their altitudes, speeds, type of aircraft. I don't think you're lying TK. I think you're mistaken and thinking what you posted proves your claim. :)

Carry on. Relax. Breathe in. Breathe out. We're all good. I may not be bringing a lot of VP (virtual pilot) skill to the table but you seem to forget I have a lot of experience in the game. :D

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 06:44:23 AM »
All this whining coming from a the allied HO champion. everytime i went up against him, he tried to HO me. Atleast we were kind enough to let him get off the ground and try. at one point, 3 allieds upped from the field and i had perfect shots at all of them from behind. we instead opted to let them up and fight them in the air. i'm sure they wouldve extended the same courtesy to us???? sure they would!! hehehhe right!

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 06:50:01 AM »
does all this bickering back and forth mean that fun was had by all?  there were some great fights in there last night and for the brief period I was on it was non stop action.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 06:52:19 AM »
I wasnt saying I was out numbered when I was flying the Ju88s I said axis were out numbered. It was 10 to 24 then most of them were attacking other bases. You want something that isnt proves my point how about this.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/24/1013733/TKvshorde.ahf

I was flying my 190A8 at alt because the sortie before I came in with a 109F and got ganged by the same guys in this film. I wasnt going to let that happen again, so I went in with speed and alt so I can pick the weakest planes from the horde. Two made the mistake of going nose to nose with me, they both lost then whined about it on 200. Another two made the mistake of landing/taking while Im in a killing frenzy. I got away from the blob of red after I got my seven kills and landed on a CV a few miles out. Theres no question in my mind that they all would have ganged me if I got slow. Is that enough proof for you?
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 07:48:12 AM »
OM goes low six stealth to sneak up on me. He doesn't realize I'm blacked out but can still hear him. I'm hoping against hope it's one of those rare LW pilots who aren't wanting to bump up their kill stats and realize I'm pretty much helpless but still trying to make it back. Not a threat or challenge at this point.

Sorry, Arlo, truth is that I thought you were someone else.  I had just spent the past five or ten minutes trying to get a plane up in the air and more than a mile from base, but a pair of vulchers were (successfully) doing their level best to prevent that.  There aren't many things in AH that anger me, but vulching does, particularly when there's no goon on the way and it's just being done for kicks.  Figured you were one of them coming back for more.

I confirm the essential points of your story.  You did a fine job of staying above one (two?) other Axis guys and me, and I was pretty sure that TK had inflicted a pilot wound on you with his Ju88 7.7s.  For the reasons set forth above, I just wanted to ensure you didn't make it home.  Felt bad (not terrible, mind you, but bad) when I learned I'd made a mistake.  "Ox-bow Incident" in modern times.

- oldman

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2008, 07:59:40 AM »
You know what amuses me?  It is almost like the Axis players that post here TRULY believe that Axis players don't vulch, gang, joust, etc. 

To me, that either means they are idiots, or they are liars and they think I'M an idiot. 

They don't vulch, they break into "killing frenzies"...  They don't gang, all those cons are "watching"... unless they happen to catch the squad "flying together, and foolishly expect a 1v1".

You want to know why the Spit IX is the most popular plane for the Allied side?  Because it is the most capable plane, especially when fighting X on 1. 

I could post film of me fighting pretty much however many people you want to name in the AvA.. this in spite of the fact that one guy, when killed in a 2v1 whined.. I mean... hm.. no.. he really did whine "You need HELP to get YOUR kills!  :cry" when he had participated joyfully in a gangbang on me earlier, beating how however many squaddies were there for the kill.

The same gentleman then died a few more times 1v1... then tried to vulch me when I landed.  Or perhaps he was caught in the midst of bloodlust, in a "killing frenzy". 

If you guys would drop the BS, I'd find you all a little bit more palatable.

Yea, you vulch.  Fine.  Yea, you gangbang. Fine - I can fly a Spit, you pretty much have to gangbang.  Yea, Axis normally outnumber Allied by a factor of at least 2 to 1 (at least every time I've been there, the past few weeks). 

Just don't TALK one way, and ACT the other. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 08:03:43 AM by Urchin »

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 08:14:13 AM »
Urchin axis DOES vulch, HO gan, ect. we have said we do. When allies are vulching our field you dont hear an efing peep from us, but the second we vulch theres whining on 200 and maybe a thread/post about it. I have told many of them to deal with it but all they can do is whine. I was talking with OM about it the other day. He or someone else said that it wasnt good sportsmenship right after an allied pilot whined about getting vulched. I told him this and I will tell all of you, Im not ganna listen to people whine on 200 about how its bad to vulch and its not fair blah blah blah when earlier that night we were the ones getting vulched by the same guys whining about it now. When Im out numbered Im happy because I know theres going to be lots of enemy to shoot at, but if you think Im ganna get low and slow looking for a 1v1 on purpose while there are spits swarming around you are sadly mistaken.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 08:51:59 AM »
TK, the whole thing is a bunch of crap.  How often do Allies vulch a field?  Honestly. 

And any sort of BS about "wanting a good fight" is crap.  Again.. you are either an idiot, or you think I am. 

Just do a quick comparison of squads... the scores are right up there for everyone to see.  Please make a note that unless a squad has more than 2 members it isn't even listed by HTC on their site.  Also, I didn't count "squads" with more than 2 members but only 1 active player.

It is really hard to see what the numbers are at any given moment, but it is incredibly EASY to check and see what the trend is based on organized squad participation. 

Axis squads - 3.  JG54, JG11, Avengers.  Total "Axis" players 18 + 11 + 11 =  40.  Total playtime by these 3 squads 184:58, 55:41, 79:08 = 319.8 hours.

Allied squads - 2.  Total Allied players 18 + 5 = 23.  Total Allied playtime ...  83:40, 9:40. 93.3 hours. 

So in other words...  Axis have more players... and they play more. 

If any of you wanted a "good game" .. it'd be easy to switch to Allied and make it a game.  Instead, you all play for the same team, and bemoan the lack of competition.  It is a joke, and if you say don't understand that, well... you already know what I think on that score.

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 09:08:13 AM »
The one true thing that i have noticed in the AvA arena and on this BB:

the AvA arena was always promoted in the past and a fun place to hang out where the challenge was greater as far as combat goes.There used to be a level of respect in the AvA arena that was found no where else in this game.When ever a pilot logged into the AvA arena they expected not just a fight, but a fight Vs. someone who knows what they are doing and not the HO Vulch Gang type.Where you could get shot down near your field and up from that same field and the person who shot you down would let you get back up to altitude and start the fight again.

There have been many attempts to bring the numbers up in the AvA and now that the numbers are up it seems you cannot have one without the other, lotsa #'s with dweeb tactics or low #'s with respect.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 09:19:00 AM by JagdTankker »
<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2008, 09:17:32 AM »
Yea, I noticed a bit of that myself by the Axis in the arena the other night.

Offline transam1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2008, 09:38:28 AM »
When I first started playing this game about a year ago the AvA was my favorite arena. I knew if I went in there I would find a good fight with a skilled pilot. I knew that I would find good sportsmanship. I knew I wouldn't have to deal with people crying on 200.

That has all changed.

Now that the arena has objectives it is inevitable that guys will vultch airfields and HO and do the things that generally start watermelon on 200. This I usually do not have a problem with in the MA due to the fact that basses need to be cleared to be captured. The sad thing is that the AvA used to be an arena you could go to and get away from that for awhile.

Giving the arena a scenario feel was a great idea in theory but I for one think is has caused the demise of a once great part of AH2. The numbers that are coming in now are great but at what cost?

Reading the posts above it is hard for me to believe that the guys complaining about being vultched or HOed have not done the same things themselves. I know that I have.

As for Truekill you seem to catch the most flak from my allied partners. Everyone knows you are a good player and I think most have great respect for you. Some in my squad would hate to hear me say that but I am one of those people. I would like to know if you feel the same about the direction the arena is headed.

It may be worth a shot to stop the bickering on these boards for 5 seconds and discuss what can be done to restore the honor in the one arena that can be restored.

It will always be difficult to stop some people from playing the way they want to play. But the good thing about this arena is that you will mainly find guys that want to have fun in an aircraft that takes some skill to operate. This alone thins out the numbers willing to fly there. So with that in mind it should not be hard to come together and but an end to the crap and have some fun.

Vf4nik8r   

VF-31 Tomcatters

Vf4nik8r   VF-31tomcatters