Author Topic: Allied from an Axis perspective.  (Read 2707 times)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Re: Allied from an Axis perspective.
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 03:56:38 PM »
On a serious note, I cant get into specifics, but there are rumors in the wind that an old CT Allied squad may be reforming with a core group of Vets. I am not at liberty to say any more, actually I may have said too much already. :)

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 05:39:49 PM »
As one of the "casual" allied players, this is what I compare the AvA to...

It's like going to a park that has a basketball court and being invited to a pick-up game.  But on one side you have a team who plays ball all day and on your team you have a bunch of guys who were scraped together for the game.  Of course you get beat, which is fine because you had fun, but then the "team" starts bragging about how "leet" they are and how your skills suck, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 05:47:31 PM »
Another empath... Spot on there Trukk!  Spot on!

It's like going to a park that has a basketball court and being invited to a pick-up game.  But on one side you have a team who plays ball all day and on your team you have a bunch of guys who were scraped together for the game.  Of course you get beat, which is fine because you had fun, but then the "team" starts bragging about how "leet" they are and how your skills suck, etc, etc, ad nauseum.
Give that man a Seeegar! :salute

But it's only words, and those can't hurt us.  Right?
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 09:01:14 AM »

i think the "leet" speak and bragging is mostly trying to goad the allies into taking the time to learn more and improve.  i appologize if my speech is taken incorrectly.  I'd say that the arena is certainly still improving in this regard though, and its not just the better planes, the allies are starting to pick up on some of this stuff, or at least the newer players on their team are coming to grips with it.  too early, need coffee
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 09:35:16 AM »
i think the "leet" speak and bragging is mostly trying to goad the allies into taking the time to learn more and improve.  i appologize if my speech is taken incorrectly.

Well then let me be the first to inform you it is having the exact OPPOSITE effect that you are desiring.

Your teams constant (and quite frankly, unwarranted) behavior and posturing/goading has done more to hurt your supposed goal of a "quality opponent" then anything else.

Indeed, I've brought more then 50 different people into the arena, and they all say the exact same thing- "Why would you put up with that crap?" and "God those guys are prettythangholes, see ya later". 

So you have in fact run off a lot of quality opposition that you and your compatriots claim to desire. 

If you want a good fight, fight a good fight.  If you want respect, act respectful.  But know this- you cannot have it both ways. 

You guys are acting like prettythangholes, and are hence being reffered to as such, and subsequently ignored. 

Congratulations, YOU are the reason the AvA is in the shape it's in.  NOT the allies. 

Have a nice frakin day.
"You rebel scum"

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 09:46:27 AM »
I think the reason your pals might leave is because they get whipped, thrashed, teabagged and then taunted.  I suspect the taunting may not be the deal breaker there son.  secondly please notice that for my part I seldomly start the taunting but once prompted I can become a very unsettling verbal sparrer.  I'm good at it I don't become upset or agitated and I will wear you down if you allow me to.

tell your pals to bring their best game but perhaps that's not even good enough if they are average MA players.  the average MA player is a helpless target in the AvA especially if he plays on the allied team.

for what it's worth if they show up in the arena with MA nonsense but most offensively jumping into fights (as in one v one fights) and then proudly proclaim that I'm all clear after I spent three minutes wearing an akakospheric spit to co-E and expects an atta boy from me for his brilliant pick..... well.....

it ain't the MA speaking for myself I don't want help when I'm losing a fight and certainly don't need some clueless tardling doing me a favor by picking a guy I have just worn down in a 1v1.

your friends might just possibly be tards, they just don't know it yet.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 09:48:29 AM by justguess »

Offline a4944

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 09:47:03 AM »
I agree with Rebel.  A better analogy though is 2 out of the 5 players causing the problems.  There are some good people on the Axis side so you can't make blanket statements.  I know some excellent allied sticks who won't play in AvA because of this so called encouragement from the Axis side.  They play for fun and not to put up with the hypocrisy, gaming, trash talking, and other so called encouragement from a few of the Axis players.  The end result is a bunch of turnover on the Allied side which leads to a lack of cohesion.

Sounds like a new squad is coming in on the Allied side.  Everyone, please hold off on the gloating and trash talking and help make this work.  It is a fantastic arena with a bunch of potential.  I have had many good fights with the Axis players.

Venom

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 09:50:47 AM »
Agreed Venom.  Not all the axis are immature hypocrits.  Please don't lump us all in together.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 09:59:42 AM »
quality versus quantity

The axis have the quality. They have four main squads and all four work as one for one goal at a time. Allies have quantity. They fly in loose hordes and dont know anything about team work other then ganging up on the poor low axis plane. Even when they attack a base they lose thier vulch very quickly and then stat dieing one by one. What the allies might want to do is pick a day and go to the DA and learn how to cover each other (that doesnt mean five guys on one guy) learn what wingman and swarm tactics are, but the main thing is you have a C/O for a reason. He should have everyones support at all time.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 10:02:37 AM »
And he should be discouraging dweebery.
P-47 pilot

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 10:02:42 AM »
Sounds like a new squad is coming in on the Allied side.  Everyone, please hold off on the gloating and trash talking and help make this work.  It is a fantastic arena with a bunch of potential.  I have had many good fights with the Axis players.

Venom

They arent a new squad. Its an old CT squad that spit up a while back. Most of them are already playing the AvA, but saying people dont play AvA because of the trash talking is just a copout because they cant hang with the higher skill level.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 10:17:32 AM »
Are you guys *really* that full of yourselves?  REALLY? 

but saying people dont play AvA because of the trash talking is just a copout because they cant hang with the higher skill level.

Yyyyyyeah.  Sure.  Higher skill level. 

The axis have the quality. They have four main squads and all four work as one for one goal at a time. Allies have quantity. They fly in loose hordes and dont know anything about team work...

dude.  For the last time.  don't confuse superior tactics and good teamwork with good skill at the pole.  9 out of 10 of the new allied pilots are all qualified sticks. 

Take each and every one of you out of your squads, throw you into an unfamiliar arena, and you'd be doing just about as well as the allies in the same situation. 

If the allies have quantity, it's eventually gonna go right down the drain because of dumbprettythang statements like this in here and in the arena.

But hey, who am I to talk, right?  I'm just your lowly skilless allied dog. 

Let me put it another way:

Knock it the f*ck off if you want a quality opposition.  If you can't handle a quality opposition, by all means keep it up and your delusion of grandeur will continue unabated.   

It's a mob vs a company.

"You rebel scum"

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2008, 10:24:49 AM »
Wow someone has a potty mouth. Umm Axis are better skilled. I have seen many times an axis pilot kill the 3-5 allied pilots ganging him. Iv yet to see an allied pilot do that. How about you tell all those people that cant handle 200 that its a tuneable channel and dont have to listen to the trash talk after they get thier bellybutton handed to them. If they cant do that then to bad.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2008, 10:34:28 AM »
I've seen a couple Allied pilots land 3+ kill sorties several times in a row, and that was in the first setup.  Hell, I've landed several 3-5 kill sorties when we had the F4F, so "yes Virginia, Allies do have some quality sticks"...  They just don't have your coordination or the big picture in mind.

They arent a new squad. Its an old CT squad that spit up a while back. Most of them are already playing the AvA, but saying people dont play AvA because of the trash talking is just a copout because they cant hang with the higher skill level.
sighs You know, all this talk about "he said this" and "They do that" is really tiresome to a lot of people.  Good and bad sticks alike.  On the one hand, they see in AvA what Axis does, and all the trash yak, taunts, beratements.  Then some come here and see the "Invite to fly along in DA", and look at that as yet another reason for the JG's to taunt, berate, and otherwise strut a puffed up chest.

Yeah you're good.  Damned good in that Axis iron, and I salute your tenacity to learn it that well.  I also salute your ability to get your side coordinated, though I'm sure you have a small share of loose cannons (no pun) flitting about there too.

So the next cycle of AvA, how about putting it where it counts and prove to the us all that you can do in the early Allied iron, what you have proven with the Axis?  Think of it as a personal challenge by going the mile and showing all the whiners on both sides that it really is the coordination, and not the plane that keeps you winning.

Don't just "say it".  Don't just go over for an hour, or two.  Go for an entire month, if for nothing other than to shut the Allied whiners up.

Again, I salute your skill, dedication and unit cohesiveness.
 :salute
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 10:39:45 AM »
Odee, could you possibly stop grouping all the JG's together?  Not that I don't want to be associated with our brothers in cartoon arms, but JG11 does not engage in the "crap", nor do we fly allied, so we have nothing to prove by switching sides, nor giving any one reason to ask us to.

Oh and for what it is worth, JG54 would do just as well in the early allied rides.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -