Author Topic: Allied from an Axis perspective.  (Read 2708 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: Allied from an Axis perspective.
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2008, 11:41:30 AM »
I'm constantly seeing posts in other topics that try to encourage folks to come to AvA.  My perception of the AvA arena after a couple of visits is that it's mostly veteran AH/AW sticks that absolutely know their way around in ACM. 
I like the concept but I don't stand a chance in that arena as my skills suck and it's no fun being whacked without ever getting a shot off.  I've been playing since Air Warrior (DOS) and have never been any better than a noob, that's my lot in life I guess, but it seems that coming to the AvA is pretty intimidating for the new to average player and is probably why you guys don't have more than 30 or 40 folks on any given night.
I don't have the solution but it just seems from the tone of the AvA player's posts I read that they're bewildered as to why no one wants to flock to the greatest arena on AHII.... just my impression  :)

Greetings Alky,

I'm an old toot from the day of Air Warrior DOS myself. Just jump in and fly the AVA. Don't worry about what people are posting on the BBS, or saying on 200. You'll notice soon enough, it's always the same people saying the same thing. I hope you'll give the AVA a try no matter what side you fly. :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2008, 11:41:53 AM »
Stampf:

My reason for posting is that it's getting annoying to see axis or allies bemoaning losing or being the underdog because of "leadership"

The effect (the in-arena steamrolling, if you will) has been around for a long long time. The supposed cause, or blamed root, is the leadership or lack thereof.

You're blaming something that's been occuring for years on a new development that's only exsited for months.

Sorry if I came off as harsh, but puh-leeeze. Cause and effect people. Cause and effect.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2008, 11:43:26 AM »
Krusty since I like you I say this as nicly as I can.

You have not clue what you are talking about. I havent seen you in the AvA in ages and if I check the stats I bet you havent logged more then a hand full of hours in the last few years. The new AvA incurages teamwork, or what ever you wanna call it. There are planes given to the C/O for each round that are picked by AvA CMs they are the same era for each side. So no hurri1 for allies if they loose and 109Ks for axis if they win. They losers of the round get three picks the winners get four.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2008, 11:45:03 AM »
Krusty since I like you I say this as nicly as I can.

You have not clue what you are talking about. I havent seen you in the AvA in ages and if I check the stats I bet you havent logged more then a hand full of hours in the last few years. The new AvA incurages teamwork, or what ever you wanna call it. There are planes given to the C/O for each round that are picked by AvA CMs they are the same era for each side. So no hurri1 for allies if they loose and 109Ks for axis if they win. They losers of the round get three picks the winners get four.
Truth...

Peace

:salute
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2008, 11:46:02 AM »
Aww somebody is a little POed. Its okay you have to name call and bash people to get your gollys off. So what Im only 21. Are you mad because you cant be that yound again?

Never called you a name, dude.  I just said you were a nobody.  

First off, let me get one thing straight.  I'm not mad at you.  I was frustrated, yeah, wondering who in the hell would act the way you do even after I bent over backwards to try and help you out by bringing fresh blood into the AvA.   I spent forever trying to figure it out, thinking you were probbably just a little sociopath or something,  maybe even have a few mental health problems.  But the more I tried to help, the more I tried to figure it all out, and the more I tried to explain the situation on the allied side, the more belligerent you became.  

Then I learned your age.

A little background information- I owned and ran an outdoor lighting franchise for a number of years, and your age group was generally the guys I'd pick for hiring for labor. Good paying work, perfect for college students.  Not hard labor at all, involved some basic math for voltage drop, a good feel for a shovel to dig slit trenches, and various other electrical things- wiring transformers and the like.  

I soon ran into problems- not the least of which was attitudes just like yours, and work ethics that were really the lowest I've ever seen.  They all lived with their parents ('cept for one, he lived in an apartment with like 4 friends), couldn't hold a job, and wanted nothing more then a paycheck so they could go smoke weed.

One of my guys even got busted with weed on one of my jobsites.  

Bottom line- I fired every single one who copped an attitude like that because they weren't good for business, my representation, and they were shoddy in their work.  I wound up hiring a friend of my little sister (who was in high school at the time).  She begged me to give the kid a shot, so I did, and lo and behold, a light at the tunnel.  A 17 year old that really had his sh*t together.  Matt was by far the best employee I ever had.  It broke my heart to shut down the business and send him on his way, and have served as a reference for him for years as his first boss.  Always talk that kid up.  

But I digress.  

All I see in your banter, posturing, and comms is that dozen or so barely-legal-to-drink kids that thought they had the world on a string, and everybody owed 'em something.  The know-it-all kids that I fired without second guessing myself at all.  

Just another kid, that's all I'm seeing.  What's pissing me off is I wasted so much time and effort to try and help someone who would never ever truly appreciate what I was trying to do, but instead would write off my concerns for "his" arena as "whines".

So, I'm gonna stop doing what I've been doing, and advise others to do the same.  You're not about to change the belligerent kid you are on here and in the arena, and I'm not about to expect it.  I know better then that.  Eventually you may turn a corner somewhere, and I hope to God you do, for your sake.  Half the kids I fired are in jail.  One of 'em wrote me to thank me for giving him an oppurtunity.  

Now keep in mind this may be a gross misjudgement and/or a wrongly placed assumption, but I see what I see- and that's what I meant by the above post.  

Take care, dude.  I hope to Christ I'm wrong about you.

"You rebel scum"

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2008, 11:47:35 AM »
Krusty,

I hear ya, I really do, and like TK, I like you and am trying to be civil, even with the spectre of the derranged odee dog lurking over my shoulder.  My point is simple.

And you confirmed it yourself.  We fly as units.

If TK never said, "Mission up". or "Lets take the port", or "Need help here", or "Let's bomb this, or that", then the axis would just be flying around "re-acting", like the allies are right now.  That's all.

In battle, it's called initiative, and right now, it lies with the Axis.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 11:51:21 AM by Stampf »
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2008, 11:52:47 AM »
TK: I flew quite a bit with the 110c/109e/a6m2 vs p40b/spit1/hurr1 setup. I even had some good fights.

I'm not saying that it's bad.

I'm saying the attitude has turned to one of ....

this is SO going to be taken the wrong way...

... "self importance" on the forums. The whole "war" is just an exercise in attempting to control something that shouldn't be controlled. You all are creating private forums, assigning "leaders" and using base capture to wage a war, just like the FSO or SEA... only... you're not scheduling a time and actually fighting it out. This entire type of setup ONLY works if both sides show up and fight each other at the same time with a time limit. Instead you get a 24/7 battlefield where those rules just don't work. This entire setup only works if you run it like the FSO or SEA, and you're not running it that way.

I'm not entirely opposed flying the AvA if the setup is fun. But all this bickering on the forums REALLY sours things, and much of the bickering is about uber leadership or lack of leadership, and why one side has more bases than the other. Frankly, it's a scapegoat. Leadership or not, whatever you want to call it, it's not the thing to blame. It's just circumstantial that the 2 major axis squads prefer axis rides. In the past there have been decent sized units that liked allied rides. Has nothing to do with a "allied leadership" or "axis leadership"

Please see the distinction between the "war leadership" and any squad CO. I'm talking about this recent development of organization with sides and private forums, only.

Saying "axis are winning because they have the best leaders!" is like saying "George Bush is the president because he's the best man to ever hold the office"

IMO it's misleading, perhaps misguided, and the emphasis is all wrong for what the AvA stands for: setting up a balanced fight between

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2008, 11:59:04 AM »

Then I learned your age.

im 46, so what!  whats age got to do with anything??? TK does a great job, who cares if hes 21. if hes right and does the right thing, so be it. He's a smart kid with alot of know-how in this game and for people like me that are new to it, age doesnt matter. the way i'm treated matters. TK treats me with respect and helps me learn new things. I can only hope to get half as good as TK is in this game.

he's just a voice on the other side of a microphone. I'm Very greatful that i was asked to Join and belong to a great group of people Like jg54. People who dont judge other people on their ages or their abilities but rather on their personalities.

if you have a crappy personality, we dont like you. if you have a great personality, we do!!  :) so lets get off the age thing. take your testosterone ladden insults somewhere else!!  :)

« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 12:03:05 PM by captain1ma »

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2008, 12:00:50 PM »
Rebel I dont need your life story. BTW you called me a "lil' punk". So what, you think all people younger then you are good for nothing pot smokers. You brought nothing to the AvA. You would switch sides more times I could think of. You droped in on a few  fights I was having with out even asking. Other times you were killing goons that you knew were otw to a base right after switching. You arent that good unles you come in with alt, but even then you die very fast. I really dont care what you think of me because you are some one I couldnt care less about playing a cartoon video game. So say what you want because you are judging someone you dont even know because I like to talk trash.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2008, 12:01:44 PM »
...In battle, it's called initiative, and right now, it lies with the Axis.
Slight aside... It's called cooperation.  Initiative is what TK does.  He takes the bull by the horns and gets the rest of you fired up enough to cooperate with the plan.

***returns to his ghostly form... lurking about... appearing when least wanted...***
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2008, 12:10:08 PM »
I love it.  We got the phsyco pup running to and fro chasing his tail, not sure weather to suck TK's nuggets or bust mine.  Hehe.  You are just lost odee, but keep it up, I am laughing alot today.  :aok
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2008, 12:10:27 PM »
OK eough ,stop the purse fighting already I swear you are all acting like you need a industrial strenghth midol  , keep in mind we are all dweebs sitting in front of your computer playing a cartoon game

save it for the arena   :rolleyes:

please god ,kill this thread   :pray
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2008, 12:11:28 PM »
I was having a chat with Skyrock the other day. It was a civil chat, mind you, and we were discussing his "persona" (basically how he mouths off).

I brought up some points that could be applied to this topic.

If somebody doesn't know you, and sees you mouth off, perhaps they DO know you. Or, they know enough to not want to know you any better. Even after Skyrock told me a little more about himself, I told him (honestly) that after seeing his comments first-hand, and hearing many others with similar experiences, I wouldn't want to meet him. It tells me enough about him to form an opinion. That first impression sticks with folks a long time.

I mean that if you present a forward personality, and other folks only see this, you ARE that personality, to them. It doesn't matter if to go to church 9 times a week, save orphan children in your off-time, whatever.

I'm not justifying captain1ma's response to you, nor defending him.

People in the AvA have to be careful when they do mouth off or throw the trash talk around (or whatever). One of the long-held causes of the lack of people in the AvA has been some of the trash talk (not by you specifically, but there were a few folks blamed repeatedly for years, including Storch), and it can have a negative impact.

As a disclaimer, I have not experienced much of this recently, as I don't normally fly with 200 tuned, and haven't had much AvA time lately. My personal feeling is that it is not a good thing to encourage, as it gets out of hand way too easily.

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2008, 12:12:42 PM »
Here's [one of] the problem: this thread was started claiming the allies "have no coordination or leadership" -- that's just another way of saying they don't fly as a solid gang en masse most of the time.

No, it means they don't cooperate with one another.  I'd go into detail but, no one cares at this point.  For the next few days it's just going to be a rhetoric war on the forums.
P-47 pilot

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2008, 12:13:22 PM »
OK eough ,stop the purse fighting already I swear you are all acting like you need a industrial strenghth midol  , keep in mind we are all dweebs sitting in front of your computer playing a cartoon game

save it for the arena   :rolleyes:

please god ,kill this thread   :pray

I kinda have to agree at this point.