Author Topic: Allied from an Axis perspective.  (Read 2709 times)

Offline republic

• Silver Member
Allied from an Axis perspective.
« on: March 11, 2008, 09:22:37 AM »
I've been going allied occasionally the past few days.  Mostly because I love the P47, but also because the numbers were askew.  I quickly came to realize why the allies have been beaten up.

Few are in squads, as such, few work together.  I received maybe 2 chk6's the entire 2 hours I was allied.  With allied rides especially, it's incredibly important that you clear or check each other's 6.  Because no one is in squads, and maybe most of them aren't in squads in the MA, there is no 'brotherhood'.  You have no reason to clear the other guy, he's distracting a badguy from shooting you so why help him...

There were no commanders.  Each time I went allied there was no one giving orders.  Last night, Oldman attempted several times to rally the troops, even upping a lone goon to capture a base, but most just blew him off.  A lone panzer shelled the base for I don't know how long, everyone called it out, no one did anything about it....  With the plethora of ord dumptrucks the allies have, that's unforgivable.

In the air...  I understand some of the apathy.  It was terrifying watching JG54, Avengers and JG11 come in.  We in JG54 tend to fly in pairs, one engages the other hangs back.  When I saw 2 190's, in formation, then one peels off and the other stayed high, I knew I was in for a workout.  :)

You need a big squad and a strong CO if your going to compete with the current Axis opponent.  A single good pilot in a good plane cannot compete with good pilots with tried tactics and proven teamwork.

The Bug is a great F6F stick, best I've seen.  TCFKas is good in a P51 (if I remember right).  Oldman is great in most everything allied.  Mugadai is squirmy son of a gun in the F4F.  I don't know many of the allied regulars, but I know there are other great sticks.

In short, it's not the talent you lack, it's the coordination.  The Axis can be beaten, or at the very least...withstood.  The next ride selection is crucial.  As most of you know after the G2 our 109s just get slower and less maneuverable until the K4.  The F4 takes several sustained bursts to take down an allied ride.  You should have an airframe maneuverability advantage with the next round.

If you can't from a big squad, find a wingman.  Find the guy you usually see flying around and form up on him.  Learn to fly in pairs, that's how teamwork starts.  Cover each other, keep each other alive.  It's not about kills landed, it's about accomplishing an overall goal.  Keeping a base from capture, etc.

Above all that, however, you need leadership.  TK is on nearly every night.  Some people can do that, some people have other obligations...that's understandable.  I have a wife and a new baby, there are nights I cant play.  I usually play after the baby is asleep for about 3 hours, that gives time for family, wife, and then me.  :)

Make sure the commander you elect is logged on the majority of the week.  And maybe don't be so picky, an average commander who is online is better than a great commander who's not.

This is an earnest attempt to share what I've seen on both sides of the conflict.

:salute
P-47 pilot

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Re: Allied from an Axis perspective.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 09:30:02 AM »
I think it's the "organization" too.

It's not the planes and/or the pilots only.  I got pwned last night.  All night long.  My boys were landing scalps in droves, and I don't think I even got a aircraft home last night.  It was just one of those nights were everything I did went wrong.  Even when I did something right, it went wrong somewhere down the line.  Frustration set in.  Which led to anger, which led to hoing, and augering...and the dark side.  So I logged early.

But yes, there is no substitute for good organization and aggressive leadership, not to mention the bonds of camaraderie within and between the units.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Wolfie

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 09:35:55 AM »
I've been going allied occasionally the past few days.  Mostly because I love the P47, but also because the numbers were askew.  I quickly came to realize why the allies have been beaten up.

Few are in squads, as such, few work together.  I received maybe 2 chk6's the entire 2 hours I was allied.  With allied rides especially, it's incredibly important that you clear or check each other's 6.  Because no one is in squads, and maybe most of them aren't in squads in the MA, there is no 'brotherhood'.  You have no reason to clear the other guy, he's distracting a badguy from shooting you so why help him...

There were no commanders.  Each time I went allied there was no one giving orders.  Last night, Oldman attempted several times to rally the troops, even upping a lone goon to capture a base, but most just blew him off.  A lone panzer shelled the base for I don't know how long, everyone called it out, no one did anything about it....  With the plethora of ord dumptrucks the allies have, that's unforgivable.

In the air...  I understand some of the apathy.  It was terrifying watching JG54, Avengers and JG11 come in.  We in JG54 tend to fly in pairs, one engages the other hangs back.  When I saw 2 190's, in formation, then one peels off and the other stayed high, I knew I was in for a workout.  :)

You need a big squad and a strong CO if your going to compete with the current Axis opponent.  A single good pilot in a good plane cannot compete with good pilots with tried tactics and proven teamwork.

The Bug is a great F6F stick, best I've seen.  TCFKas is good in a P51 (if I remember right).  Oldman is great in most everything allied.  Mugadai is squirmy son of a gun in the F4F.  I don't know many of the allied regulars, but I know there are other great sticks.

In short, it's not the talent you lack, it's the coordination.  The Axis can be beaten, or at the very least...withstood.  The next ride selection is crucial.  As most of you know after the G2 our 109s just get slower and less maneuverable until the K4.  The F4 takes several sustained bursts to take down an allied ride.  You should have an airframe maneuverability advantage with the next round.

If you can't from a big squad, find a wingman.  Find the guy you usually see flying around and form up on him.  Learn to fly in pairs, that's how teamwork starts.  Cover each other, keep each other alive.  It's not about kills landed, it's about accomplishing an overall goal.  Keeping a base from capture, etc.

Above all that, however, you need leadership.  TK is on nearly every night.  Some people can do that, some people have other obligations...that's understandable.  I have a wife and a new baby, there are nights I cant play.  I usually play after the baby is asleep for about 3 hours, that gives time for family, wife, and then me.  :)

Make sure the commander you elect is logged on the majority of the week.  And maybe don't be so picky, an average commander who is online is better than a great commander who's not.

This is an earnest attempt to share what I've seen on both sides of the conflict.

That assessment is "spot on" imo. Can't argue with any of it.  :aok

<S>

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 09:40:18 AM »
Good write up, dude  :salute

Now, would ya be willing to go thrash about in some Thunderbolts in the TA with me sometime?  Always looking to improve there.

BTW, what part of Oklahoma are you from?  I was born in Fairview (about 20 miles west of Enid), grew up in Edmond, on the north side of the City.
"You rebel scum"

Offline Spiritwind

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 09:41:56 AM »
As someone new to AvA, I usually look a lot at what squadrons are up and flying when I'm on.  Since I am flying without a squadron and looking for one, I check it frequently.  The only squadron I see with more than a couple is the 353rd, and even they normally only have 3-5 at most.  I've been wondering for a while now if there are any squadrons on the Allied side with the numbers of the Axis squadrons that soley play AvA, becuase it certainly doesn't look like it.
Melias

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 09:52:35 AM »
 :salute Republic.

As someone new to AvA, I usually look a lot at what squadrons are up and flying when I'm on.  Since I am flying without a squadron and looking for one, I check it frequently.  The only squadron I see with more than a couple is the 353rd, and even they normally only have 3-5 at most.  I've been wondering for a while now if there are any squadrons on the Allied side with the numbers of the Axis squadrons that soley play AvA, becuase it certainly doesn't look like it.
SW you got a jump on a lot of the players in game by recogniszing the strengths a Squad can be.  I highly recommend the 353rd SLYBIRDs, 68th Lightning Lancers, VMF-251, and VF-31 if you're looking for squads with a semi-professional flight methodology.  Several more great squads out there like the 332nd Flying Mongrels, but most of them stay away from AvA for various reasons.

Your choices are many.  Find one that meets your FUN factor and get'r going.  :salute
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 12:44:00 PM »

Few are in squads, as such, few work together.  I received maybe 2 chk6's the entire 2 hours I was allied.  With allied rides especially, it's incredibly important that you clear or check each other's 6.  Because no one is in squads, and maybe most of them aren't in squads in the MA, there is no 'brotherhood'.  You have no reason to clear the other guy, he's distracting a bad guy from shooting you so why help him...

The Bug is a great F6F stick, best I've seen.  Tafkas is good in a P51 (if I remember right).  Oldman is great in most everything allied.  Mungadai is squirmy son of a gun in the F4F.  I don't know many of the allied regulars, but I know there are other great sticks.

Your Assessment of our current situation is very accurate , These things are being discussed in the private forum , please don't take this wrong but for the most part you are preaching to the choir . as this has been the chorus in the allied forum
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 12:51:55 PM »
Your Assessment of our current situation is very accurate , These things are being discussed in the private forum , please don't take this wrong but for the most part you are preaching to the choir . as this has been the chorus in the allied forum

I'm glad to hear that.  Initially I have to admit, the allied defeat was met with much brouhaha on the axis side...now, however, most of us aren't so thrilled.  We'd really like to see some good fights.  You'll see no bragging in the Axis forum.  The daily propaganda report is just our way of 'getting into the spirit'.  I, for one, would really like to see an allied report.  There's always a silver lining to report somewhere.  :)

I really hope to see a powerful allied force, so I can go back to hating you guys.  :)
P-47 pilot

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 01:06:14 PM »
i am forced to withold propaganda reports until further notice because its no fun. come on guys, do something!!

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 02:06:11 PM »
oh don't stop. I love reading about how honorable the nazis are.  lol :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 02:07:59 PM by flatiron1 »

Offline EagleEyes

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/bassim
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 03:00:07 PM »
I know there is no leadership on the allied side.  Im doing my best however, but am unable to log into AH at the moment because of goop a virus left on my computer, which im unable to figure out how to get rid of.  Plus, my father had a heart attack a couple weeks ago and between him, work, and regular life, i barely have enough time to do much else.  I am trying to be an arm chair CO and its affecting the allied side.  However, no one is willing to step up and take command.  So until someone else does, ill have to stay where im at!
Joedog31

GL IV./JG4 for Red Storm Krupp Steel
***The Flying Circus*** MA
334th FS "The Eagles" - FSO

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 03:01:23 PM »
 ...gone agian  :furious
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 03:14:57 PM by Stampf »
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 03:12:42 PM »
On a more related topic,

Has anyone over there asked 68falcon?
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 03:14:36 PM »
but am unable to log into AH at the moment because of goop a virus left on my computer, which im unable to figure out how to get rid of.  !

REFORMAT
<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 03:32:32 PM »
<--- pwns The Bug  :devil