Author Topic: A new low has been reached.....  (Read 2196 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: A new low has been reached.....
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 07:45:02 AM »
Try some PeptoBismal, Storch  :D

Offline Little Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 08:05:21 AM »
I've always do this when people are warned about a base and still do nothing to help  :furious
 Sometimes people are in for the simplicity of killing things rather than aiming to reach the objective of keeping a base capped.   :devil <--the Bishops and tere dweebery need to come to an end!
Captain of the 125th Spartan Warriors--- SWkiljoy
I just noticed something.....
No wonder Grizz is so good. Living in virtual world must be way more exciting than living in Lincoln Nebraska.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 08:13:24 AM »
I'm seeing bombers being miss used in ever higher frequencies.  I believe it's impacting game play ....especially at the weekends.  Bombers are just being used as quake style tools.  It's not skillful and it's certainly not clever...it's just a means to an end for the lazy or skilless.

I'll paste some of my comments from the other thread which this one may get  amalgamated to.

HTC had more than a hand in a different game I played Fighter Ops / Warbirds. In these games were certain aspect of "game play" that are not included here in Aces High..... Whys that ?  Because it degraded the game play.  The fun. 
1)All the things from HTC's other games that didn't work for good old honest fun are not included here except the ability to dive bomb heavies.
  Insert the bomb and bail as well.
2)At the weekends especially I'm getting to see this as the "norm" rather than the exception.
3)Some guys score sheet, as I posted previous, underline this as their main style of play.  They use a tool to do a job without any punitive consequences.

Bomb and bail, suiciding and dive bombing heavies have been around since the get go.  I can't deny that BUT it's getting to be the normal practise and all sides do it.  It used to be the exception rather than the rule.  Why does it happen in ever increasing frequencies?... because there are  "no
punitive consequences".

« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 08:21:49 AM by LYNX »

Offline ShrkBite

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 08:16:51 AM »
Believe it or not, thats a smart thing to do but...it kinda sucks also (thats the point!)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 08:27:54 AM »
once you get entire missions of them, I feel it wont be long until something will be done about it.  does it affect gameplay?  Not that much yet, but it will if more morons start doing it.  What do I think about it?  I think its completely childishly cowardish in a very nintendo gamey kind of way not top much unlike finding the cheat codes to your favortie vid game! :rolleyes:

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 09:08:14 AM »
The answer is simple... some folks just want to drop a quarter in and play. They are not any good at it... but it's their quarter.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2008, 09:10:47 AM »
The answer is simple... some folks just want to drop a quarter in and play. They are not any good at it... but it's their quarter.

With respect that's the reason not the answer.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2008, 09:19:41 AM »

Last night I saw a nit in a typhie from the windows of a tower. So I up  LA-7 to chase him down. He takes out both ords at the base and then runs about 20' off the water. While Im still 2.5 from him I see his little pilot jumping out in his parachute. His airplane had no damage, I was barely gaining on him. I have no idea who it was. It happened real,real quick. Like he had his mouse ready before the short fall could kill him. Oh, and he raised to about 300' first.

Lame.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2008, 09:21:07 AM »
Ultimately, bailing buff pilots falls into the same category as intentional head-on shots....however cheesy it may seem, if the game allows for it, it will happen. Short of Hitech writing some code that inflicts some punitive measure for buff pilots who bail within x seconds/minutes after dropping eggs, there's no way such dweebery can be eliminated. Frankly I'm surprised the game isn't already infested with dedicated bomb n'bail skwads.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2008, 09:41:59 AM »
perk everything but the early stuff.  Not by a lot.  1 to 3 perks or what ever a good number would be that would force you to kill at list one guy if in a fighter or hit your target/kill a fighter if in a buff, before you could gain back the perks.  Meaning, if you did the above and died, you did not lose anything.  You gained enough perks to try again.

Oh yeah, and at the beginning of the system, clear everyones perk points
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2008, 09:43:07 AM »
I had the idea that making it to were you could not bail from an undamaged plane while in enemy territory would be a good solution, then i figured out how to get around that restriction also. Useing the rule i just stated, pod of bombers and p51, bomber kill shoots himself on P51 thus taking damage, P51 killshoots himself on bombers also taking damage. Now they are both damaged and free to bail?! :( Darn it seemed like such a good idea when i first thought of it. :cry The only way to put that rule in would be to turn off killshooter and i like the killshooter deal as it is now. I don't think there is a good solution to this problem short of putting a perk value on the ord for bombers. Maybe if they have to pay for that ord they are dropping they may think twice about bomb/bail flights.
AKsleepy

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2008, 09:50:26 AM »
Ultimately, bailing buff pilots falls into the same category as intentional head-on shots....however cheesy it may seem, if the game allows for it, it will happen. Short of Hitech writing some code that inflicts some punitive measure for buff pilots who bail within x seconds/minutes after dropping eggs, there's no way such dweebery can be eliminated. Frankly I'm surprised the game isn't already infested with dedicated bomb n'bail skwads.

There's a few differences. First off everyone HOs. Or, I dont believe anyone that says they dont. And there is only one kind of HO, and thats intentional. Unless that is you have cerebral palsy. Also HO'ing was commonly used in the actual air war that the game is based on whereas nobody in their right mind, in WW-ll, would jump out of a perfectly good airplane. One that has plenty of fuel to get home.

There have been a few times I bailed when real life intervened, or when I had to take a dump, but when at all possible I would do so before I bombed out of sheer personal pride. And I never,ever bailed when an enemy contact was in sight. I'd crap my pants before I did that.

They bomb and bail for two reasons. They either dont want to get shot down or they dont want to take the time to land the bombers. You know it, I know it, we all know it.

And I dont even think there is all that many who do it. But there should be some penalty written into the game for it.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2008, 09:51:37 AM »
Your posts are annoying.   You're either laying on the space bar like a crack addict looking for a lighter.   Or, you are hitting return/tab.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2008, 09:53:22 AM »
oh wait, I think the proper reply is, don't like your field to be taken, then defend it.  I know, I just though I'd add that canned response as it seems so popular.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2008, 10:02:05 AM »
Your posts are annoying.   You're either laying on the space bar like a crack addict looking for a lighter.   Or, you are hitting return/tab.   

You are a fool you know that boy? A silly, arrogant, babbling, little fool.

Only a pampered Mommies boy could possibly even consider spinning up a post like that, directed at a stranger, for a reason I cant even fathom. Im really surprised this Aces High company puts up with silly children like you.