Author Topic: Slave Reparations  (Read 4412 times)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Re: Slave Reparations
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2008, 10:36:36 AM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 10:37:42 AM by Skuzzy »
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2008, 02:14:12 PM »
See Rule #6
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:54:28 AM by Skuzzy »
S.A.P.P. member (armed and lubricated)

Providing bait for other SAPP pilots since 2005

Formerly Leadpig...Proud to be one of the PNG'd...
Skuzzyfied!

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2008, 02:18:36 PM »

Or that what i'm saying is racist?

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:21:34 PM by LEDPIG »

Skuzzyfied!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2008, 02:33:56 PM »
led..  I am sure that it has not escaped anyones attention that you were the first to call people racist.   I just pointed out the irony of that.  If you want to not have to listen to people make racist charges then you would first have to muzzle yourself.

I did find your comment about the ride here kind of amusing tho...  lighthearted even.   No problem with that..

lazs

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2008, 02:52:08 PM »
So who's ahead?

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2008, 02:59:55 PM »
affirmative action + black history month

The sum of those two idiocies should just about cover whatever suffering the great great great grandsons/daughters of slaves undergo as a result of their ancestor's bondage... The rest of the suffering is their own doing.

The moment the civil rights movement went from 'give us freedom' to just plain 'give us', all sympathy should have been withdrawn.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 03:02:02 PM by Neubob »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2008, 03:07:53 PM »
I suppose Lasz calling what i'm saying "BS" is not considered flaming or insulting another member?
How PC does the forum have to get before you're satisfied enough to stop tugging at the mods' cape? Come on...
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2008, 03:32:31 PM »
I had no problem when HTC locked the O'Club for however long it was.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2008, 03:34:01 PM »
:huh
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2008, 04:37:55 PM »

Must have been a banner week for your local KY Jelly vendor.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2008, 06:04:38 PM »
well, I took the time to read this. 

I feel like I'm missing something... I didn't understand the discord.  Maybe its because I'm sleep deprived today...

Anyway, I think government enforced payments of slave reparations of any kind are so extremely undo-able, unproductive and divisive in our country, not to mention undeserved by people who are alive today, that the idea should be dismissed out of hand..  I say we acknowledge that people who lived in the continental US and many other places in the world engaged in slavery some time ago, and move on.  Lets not dismiss the fact that white racism and black racism exist today.  Let's acknowledge it, and move on. 

Stand up for what is right and fair and true in your own time.  What more can a person do?

"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2008, 06:30:45 PM »
well, I took the time to read this. 

I feel like I'm missing something... I didn't understand the discord.  Maybe its because I'm sleep deprived today...

Anyway, I think government enforced payments of slave reparations of any kind are so extremely undo-able, unproductive and divisive in our country, not to mention undeserved by people who are alive today, that the idea should be dismissed out of hand..  I say we acknowledge that people who lived in the continental US and many other places in the world engaged in slavery some time ago, and move on.  Lets not dismiss the fact that white racism and black racism exist today.  Let's acknowledge it, and move on. 

Stand up for what is right and fair and true in your own time.  What more can a person do?

:aok Pretty much my view of it.

Skuzzyfied!

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2008, 06:42:29 PM »
led..  I am sure that it has not escaped anyones attention that you were the first to call people racist.   I just pointed out the irony of that.  If you want to not have to listen to people make racist charges then you would first have to muzzle yourself.

I did find your comment about the ride here kind of amusing tho...  lighthearted even.   No problem with that..

lazs

Yea Lasz i responded in kind when i saw the topic about Barack Obama possibly making reparations a part of his campaign. Why would he make reparations a part of his campaign, any more than any one else.

I then commented and said in that case he might as well make providing, watermelon, fried chicken and collard greens for everyone a major campaign issue.

The shear ignorance and blind insulting stupidity of that statement inscensed me.

Would i be wrong for saying that all Hispanics drive lowriders, or all jewish are money hungry bankers, lawyers. Or that all whites drive pickups and live in double wides, or some other ignorant comment like that. Yea i'd be wrong for it. Who even thinks like that anymore?

In never ceases to amaze me how some folks around here can lob shells like that around but when someone responds to it and refutes it they get see rule number whatever.

I shouldn't have to say anything about it, shouldn't even be an issue. Who still thinks in those ways in these days?

Skuzzyfied!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2008, 07:09:26 PM »
So it's ok to note elements that tipify cultures, only if they've never been used derogatorily? 
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2008, 07:13:31 PM »
What the hell's wrong with watermelon, fried chicken, and collard greens?!? That's southern food and probably eaten by more whites than blacks. To speak of it as if it were somehow disparaging is insulting. Damn yankees.  :P
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.