Author Topic: Slave Reparations  (Read 4418 times)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Re: Slave Reparations
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2008, 07:18:54 PM »
I then commented and said in that case he might as well make providing, watermelon, fried chicken and collard greens for everyone a major campaign issue.

I'm not sure about the collard greens since I've never had them, but the fried chicken and watermelon sure sound good.  :D
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2008, 07:21:35 PM »
Some people in this thread make me sick.

Ledpig is correct, there is at least one racist here and he is one of the biggest mouths around these boards. He likes to put words into peoples mouths and his posting style is usually argumentative and thick-headed.

The guy I am talking about also said that he would never hire a black guy. He said this right on this board. He said if he had to interview a black guy, he'd smile and be polite, then toss his resume in the trash afterwards. Then he claims to not care about a person's skin color. He is a liar.

I don't know if he'd hire a purple guy though, because he never mentioned purple people before.

Ledpig, you seem like a nice guy. Nothing good will come of this thread, except maybe outing at least one racist.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 07:24:21 PM by NUKE »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2008, 07:40:38 PM »
It doesn't matter if it makes you sick.. Saying it makes you sick is akin to ringing Skuzzy's lock-o-meter..  It does nothing to advance the discussion.  If you think there's something wrong with what someone said, articulate why it doesn't stand up to reason.
Something as unreasonable as excessively racist ideology shouldn't be hard to dismantle.. Any 6-7yo kid can see it's all fabrications.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2008, 07:43:30 PM »
It doesn't matter if it makes you sick.. Saying it makes you sick is akin to ringing Skuzzy's lock-o-meter..  It does nothing to advance the discussion.  If you think there's something wrong with what someone said, articulate why it doesn't stand up to reason.
Something as unreasonable as excessively racist ideology shouldn't be hard to dismantle.. Any 6-7yo kid can see it's all fabrications.

I didn't say it mattered if it makes me sick. Also, what you just typed is an example of what you say is not furthering the discussion. Kind of hypocritical.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2008, 07:46:09 PM »

Would you like to see the quotes from the guy in this thread that stated he would never hire a black guy? Would that be relevant to the thread, since that same guy claims he doesn't care what color a person's skin is? I think it would be relevant to some parts of this thread and it would shed some light on that person's statements.

Offline Druss

• Copper Member
« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2008, 07:52:50 PM »
In light of some of the recent clips I've seen of Obama's "spiritual leader"....and with regard the the possibility that this "all style, no substance" guy may become the next President of the United States of America......I was wondering...how long into his Presidency does he wait to petition for slave reparations?

The Hispanic majority won't let him!!!!!

AAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!

:lol

Lighten up a little guys!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2008, 08:02:57 PM »
I didn't say it mattered if it makes me sick. Also, what you just typed is an example of what you say is not furthering the discussion. Kind of hypocritical.
It was supposed to advance the discussion by leading you to explain why said "racist" was objectionable as related to the thread, in your opinion, rather than just saying he made your blood boil.. I'm not a hypocrit, I just won't get into the argument myself because it'll take way too long to prove my point of view, and that particular aspect (not hiring blacks etc) is off topic enough to derail the thread.
Quotes out of context won't be very constructive..
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 08:08:43 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2008, 08:10:14 PM »
and that particular aspect (not hiring blacks etc) is off topic enough to derail the thread.
Quotes out of context won't be very constructive..

Well, I think it would be a good start in making that person be honest about what he has been posting here. He calls a guy a racist with nothing to back it up. I can back what I say up and it kind of makes his point moot ( no pun intended)

This thread was over three pages ago anyway. Nothing new has come up and it's now down to people bashing their heads against a wall.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2008, 08:31:30 PM »
I think what Nuke posted was in keeping with the direction this thread has taken, I don't think it was off topic, it's not like he posted about going to buy a car or something.  Your post complaining about his post was more off topic then his OP ever was.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2008, 08:38:23 PM »
If you mean lazs, I pretty much entirely agree with him, as far as he or I can tell thru the net; which you'll agree is not the best medium to read people through.  Nonetheless, the archetypal behavior he denounces is accurate and matches what I've experienced.  In addition to that, I trust his perspective even more because of the fact that we both came from pretty much polar opposites.  He started as a white bigot (by his own admission) and I started as a brown guy who waded thru tons of racist crap of all sorts.
There's another poster here that fits exactly what Lazs denounces, the same sort of BS that FX1 put up with and showed a video of a while back, the same sort of "counter-racist" racism that's so prevalent in the US.  It's poison, and Lazs knows it very well because he's been there and done that.  Who better to call it for what it is?

I don't know if Ledpig fits the bill, and arguably, a truth as transparent as what Lazs (among others) points out usualy gets through even the thickest skulls and denials..  It's like chlorine in the proverbial pool of bad ideas and misconceptions.  It doesn't matter if you're black, or yellow, or whatever.  It does tell a lot about you if you insist it does and pretend you deserve things you would deserve if only it were true... But it isn't.
I wouldn't hire a skinhead anymore than I'd hire an Al Sharpton or any guy whose dimwit trains of thought were restricted to totaly bogus misconceptions, whether they're redneckesque or froggy-esque.. Dimwits are equaly so, regardless of their race. Pretty common sense.

Sorry for rambling, I'm doing too many things at once.

And I didn't complain about his post.  I was pointing out that it was as useful as calling shenanigans and stopping at that.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2008, 08:48:29 PM »

I wouldn't hire a skinhead anymore than I'd hire an Al Sharpton or any guy whose dimwit trains of thought were restricted to totaly bogus misconceptions, whether they're redneckesque or froggy-esque.. Dimwits are equaly so, regardless of their race. Pretty common sense.

We are talking about a guy that stated on these boards that he would never hire a black guy. He said that he would smile and act nice in the interview, then toss the resume in the trash after. I don't know how you could say that, then claim that that you don't care what color a person is.

Then he says he's not afraid of "them" and that he's "their worst nightmare" If he is not afraid, then I am sure he will come and post here again and explain why he won't hire blacks.

I think people like him have a lot of issues.

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2008, 08:50:41 PM »
The Hispanic majority won't let him!!!!!

AAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!

:lol

Lighten up a little guys!

Too late. The lock 'n hasp will probably wind up on this one sooner or later.

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2008, 08:54:07 PM »
So it's ok to note elements that tipify cultures, only if they've never been used derogatorily? 

Where am i making note of elements that tipify cultures, where am i doing that? How did you get that? If anything i'm trying to slash them down with sarcasm and dry presumed agreement. I'm tired of people telling me what i'm saying around here. And when i tell them i'm not they don't believe me... :uhoh

I don't generally do it one way or the other in my personal life. I don't care.

When i come across a "check one of these" boxes i begrudgingly pick one. One day i wish we didn't have to pick any one of them. Thats why i made that black man statement, going "as if that really matters" ....to myself. Lasz took it to mean i was pulling some card or something.

I generally don't like people tipifying someone over something like that which is way i took issue with the first post.

Now if Barack Obama came out and said that, or if it came out that he was somehow funding an organization for reparations. Then go ahead make that assumption. Otherwise spare me.

Where is what i'm saying wrong?
S.A.P.P. member (armed and lubricated)

Providing bait for other SAPP pilots since 2005

Formerly Leadpig...Proud to be one of the PNG'd...
Skuzzyfied!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
NUKE
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2008, 08:58:11 PM »
Maybe he doesn't expect to see a black guy who's outgrown those bad habits show up at his desk... You won't say who you mean, but if you mean Lazs, I used to have my doubts too. And I've dealt with more than a few closet racists, trust me.
Some people are so fed up with drug addicts, from their experience, that they just refuse to deal with them, outright.  Only if race is some sacred taboo, as opposed to what you seem to think (that it doesn't matter what color someone's skin is), can it not substitute for "drug addicts" in that sort of scenario.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Re: NUKE
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2008, 09:02:19 PM »
Maybe he doesn't expect to see a black guy who's outgrown those bad habits show up at his desk... You won't say who you mean, but if you mean Lazs, I used to have my doubts too. And I've dealt with more than a few closet racists, trust me.
Some people are so fed up with drug addicts, from their experience, that they just refuse to deal with them, outright.  Only if race is some sacred taboo, as opposed to what you seem to think (that it doesn't matter what color someone's skin is), can it not substitute for "drug addicts" in that sort of scenario.

So black guys have bad habits and do drugs? I can't believe what I am reading.

Ledpig, these are the kind of people that are calling you a racist.