Author Topic: Ok, so here is the one issue with Aces High  (Read 3796 times)

storch

Re: Ok, so here is the one issue with Aces High
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2008, 11:22:31 AM »
what a great troll Loco!!! this one may hit a few more pages.  you are a master.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2008, 11:24:05 AM »
Like the ignorant screwballs who patronize posters by calling them "kid" repeatedly?

No, like the ignorant screwballs who stick their nose in when they arent involved, for their own reasons to personally flame, with their ignorant little one liner spam remarks. Actually Hubs your probably one of the little punks the kid is referring to. And your are most certainly one of the little punks I am talking about.

But tellya what? For the good of the forum we'll put this on hold.  Whatdoya say about that ?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 11:26:02 AM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2008, 11:31:07 AM »
                               No, like the ignorant screwballs who stick their nose in when they arent involved, for their own reasons to personally flame, with their ignorant little one liner spam remarks. Actually Hubs your probably one of the little punks the kid is referring to. And your are most certainly one of the little punks I am talking about.

But tellya what? For the good of the forum we'll put this on hold.  Whatdoya say about that ?

You post in a public forum your going to get replies. Some that agree some that don't.
If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 11:32:46 AM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline panzerr

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2008, 11:37:44 AM »
Like the ignorant screwballs who patronize posters by calling them "kid" repeatedly?

:aok

Consider this: The only reason that a percieved 'newbie' status exists is because there exists a solid and somewhat cohesive, more experienced community in AH, which anyone can become a part of, given a little time, experience, and willingness to shut up and listen / learn.  I've never played any other online game, so have nothing to compare AH to, but it's like anything else - you get out of it what you put into it.  
Total aggravation since Tour 48...
Panzerr in game.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2008, 11:40:21 AM »
Probably a good call to delete what you did, Rich. The interweb toughguy routine doesn't work very well around here. However, I stand by my comments, whether we meet in the real world or not.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

storch

« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2008, 11:46:38 AM »
I think rich is in law enforcement.  I am a supporter of law enforcement personnel but as in any profession you have some guys that are in the wrong profession for the wrong reason.  rich strikes me as one those that I would likely roll a doughnut onto I-95 at night for him to chase.  I could be wrong because you simply cannot tell how a person is in life based on what you read here but that is the impression I come away with.

I hope I'm wrong though <S> rich

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2008, 11:48:15 AM »
My squad **the Lynchmob** has been around for along time and when it comes to new members we have brought many new pilots to AH into our squad just for the fact that they seem to be catching all kinds of grief from others on country vox or on 200 We all in the mob realize we were new once also and if it wasnt for the very few that helped us with many aspects of this game we would have thrown in the towel long ago. Its worth the time to help a new member with a certain aspect they are haveing a hard time with and being there when they "finally get" it and score them first kills. I  :salute anyone that actually take the time to teach our new members the ropes and not ridicule them just because they arent as profficiant as someone that has been playing for years. Those that do should be ashamed of themselves.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2008, 11:57:43 AM »
You post in a public forum your going to get replies. Some that agree some that don't.
If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

He's one of them thar sensitive bomber types..although I do find his "look at me,
I discovered the <insert plane type here>, it's great!" posts amusing  :lol
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2008, 12:03:31 PM »
Probably a good call to delete what you did, Rich. The interweb toughguy routine doesn't work very well around here. However, I stand by my comments, whether we meet in the real world or not.

I agree. It had no place here. And Ive put down far tougher then you. I gotta tellya tho pal it would never even occur to me to barge into a conversation I wasnt involved in and insult someone. Jeez!

Storch thats really funny coming from you. Like in "hilarious funny". I see you can post again. """ rich strikes me as one those that I would likely roll a doughnut onto I-95 at night for him to chase.  """" :rofl What the heck does that mean?

Im out of here. It would just go round and round and for what purpose? Its strange but a few people here always think they are the ones being talked about.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2008, 12:12:22 PM »
              Ive put down far tougher then you.

See Rule #4

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2008, 12:14:55 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl Im sorry, I know I said i was leaving the thread. But that is hilarious. Hahahaha.....good one Bronk <S> Ya got me. :lol

(Image removed from quote.)

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2008, 12:17:34 PM »
OK, haven't ready every reply, so this may have been said.  However, I'm just throwing in my $.02.

I was recruiting into my first squad within a week of becoming a paying member of AH.  My squad was good to me and through them came to know many people.

I have come and gone and each time I am welcomed back like I never left.

When my son went missing in 2004 (and was found), pretty much the whole AH community was involved and many went way out of their way to provide support and assistance.  For that I am forever grateful.

Some people get along and some people don't   Some have elitest attitudes and other or more common in their appeal and associations.

What I have never seen is an institutional hatred for newbies or anyone, with the expection of those dubbed as "greifers".  Even then, I don't know if I would say hatred as much as frustration.

Regardless, I think this is a great community (even the BKs and Muppets :D ).

A newbie is going to have a hard time because, let's face it, this is a community and the newbie doesn't know anyone and is not know.  That feeling of being hated is because you are on your own until you start building a web of friends here.  That takes getting involved in mission, joining a squad, calling 6s, getting involved in conversations, posting on the BBS and attending our super secret "We Hate All Outsiders/Newbies Meetings".  Ok, most of that is true except the last part.  You have to make an effort to be known.

I really take exception to anyone coming in here and as their first post say, essentially, "you all suck because you treat newbies bad and didn't stroke my ego when I do anything."  No hate involved, just incredulity.  Again, this is a great community and from my experience, very forgiving and very open.  Sure there are cliques <sp?>, but what game community doesn't have that.

To sum up: fly more, get known, make some friends.  Two things will happen: you won't be a newb and your opinion of the community will change.
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2008, 12:19:30 PM »
I gotta tellya tho pal it would never even occur to me to barge into a conversation I wasnt involved in and insult someone. Jeez!

:huh Aliens make you do stuff like that?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2008, 01:18:03 PM »
PSSSSSSSST   GUYS.......

Now that you are done flaying each other alive..... :t   I think yas scared Locoweed outta his own thread.

We get anymore kinder, gentlier and freindly with each other, Skuzzy is probably gonna hurle and insert panzies in your avatars...... :D
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

storch

« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2008, 01:42:30 PM »
PSSSSSSSST   GUYS.......

Now that you are done flaying each other alive..... :t   I think yas scared Locoweed outta his own thread.

We get anymore kinder, gentlier and freindly with each other, Skuzzy is probably gonna hurle and insert panzies in your avatars...... :D
I thought the same thing bustr