Author Topic: vanscrews real fighting style  (Read 3155 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: vanscrews real fighting style
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2008, 07:15:46 PM »
Vans a game the game player. Need we say more? Ok who hasn't at one time or the other taken advantage of the way the game is laid out? As long as loop holes exist someone will exploit them every time. Bnz'ing tards sux, but then again i've been one of those tards. :lol Sure i whine and moan when i die and crow like a rooster when i win, it's part of the GAME. It's just a game. Fly a pony, run early and hard, fly a la, run fast and kill anything you catch. Fly a stuka, well someone has to be bait. :rofl
No one is 'gaming the game' here. BnZ'ing is a completely valid tactic (in fact, its a lot more intelligent than turn fighting). All of the highest scoring aces of the Second World War used it, with the exception of precious few. Hartmann and Pokryshkin were avid teachers of the method. Whether or not you have 'balls' if you do it, BnZ'ing is the 'proper' way to fight- even though its not exactly fun in a game environment.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2008, 07:28:51 PM »
That film reminds me of chasing Hoagey. :D
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2008, 07:36:55 PM »
I have another film of me chasing Hoagey
Right after i posted this one :D
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2008, 07:40:08 PM »
No one is 'gaming the game' here. BnZ'ing is a completely valid tactic (in fact, its a lot more intelligent than turn fighting). All of the highest scoring aces of the Second World War used it, with the exception of precious few. Hartmann and Pokryshkin were avid teachers of the method. Whether or not you have 'balls' if you do it, BnZ'ing is the 'proper' way to fight- even though its not exactly fun in a game environment.

Yes but people don't realize that BnZ is a tactic. Even the ones that knows the tactics used in WW2 for some odd reason want to
discredit those who are fliers simply in my opinion "beef their ego". Was well stated in Adolf Gallands book that Tactic germans found "BEST" during spanish war was Boom and Zoom. Saying this some people here dont realize the tactics flown at beginning of World war 2. Luftbury Circle ring a bell anyone? Yeah Typical formation of 5-6 planes doing a wide circle and idea is to cover the guy infront of you. However german aces exploited this Move and adopted "boom and zoom" closing closer then 100 meters for shots. If you think This tactic was garbage then perhaps aces like star of africa were a FRAUD. What about in Pacific Ocean when F3F's couldn't dogfight Zeros? Thach wave? Oh but thats 1 on 2 thats not fair. Its a Game, people are taking things to complex level, just leave it and what CorkyJR says best "Its A game, enjoy it"

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2008, 08:03:50 PM »
How bout this, you pay my account (15 dollars a month) And Ill fly how YOU like it.

i mean it's a game and you play like a chump. a little runaway chump.your real life must be so full and vibrant. :rofl :rofl :rock

i see so many on here saying " it's a game"  it's a game, then why run away?

or they claim " well they used it in WW2"-- that was a life or death situation which is completly different.

if this is only a " GAME " then no one should run away like thier life depended on it, just turn and fight it out, if you get shot down oh well.ofcourse you won't get any WTG's from the peanut gallery and your life won't mean much now will it?

if you claim it's a game then play it like a game, but don't quote some real tactic or some real pilot when you get scared and runaway from someone.That pilot your quoting was in a real situation and doesn't deserve somebody who is sitting on thier bum to use what they did to survive as a excuse for them running away in a cartoon game.If you don't have the skills to outfly a cartoon plane then just admit to it, dont disrespect veterans.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 08:16:20 PM by JagdTankker »
<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2008, 08:23:57 PM »
Thanks for the history lesson, yes there is BnZ. But then there is flying around cherry picking in a 4 cannon ride for padding a score. This isn't WW2 and in a game it's a boring tactic, not for those getting picked but for those that use it as their one and only style of play.  You might enjoy the kills for a high K/D ratio etc and score but your actual skills will never improve above picker.

Most generally go through phases of ACM, TnB - BnZ and then Energy fighting. Those that can combine all these types of fight while maintaining good SA over any number of cons (whether you have a energy advantage or not) at the same time are generally those that are not only having the most fun but also the most fun to fight against.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2008, 08:31:59 PM »
i mean it's a game and you play like a chump. a little runaway chump.your real life must be so full and vibrant. :rofl :rofl :rock

i see so many on here saying " it's a game"  it's a game, then why run away?

or they claim " well they used it in WW2"-- that was a life or death situation which is completly different.

if this is only a " GAME " then no one should run away like thier life depended on it, just turn and fight it out, if you get shot down oh well.ofcourse you won't get any WTG's from the peanut gallery and your life won't mean much now will it?

if you claim it's a game then play it like a game, but don't quote some real tactic or some real pilot when you get scared and runaway from someone.That pilot your quoting was in a real situation and doesn't deserve somebody who is sitting on thier bum to use what they did to survive as a excuse for them running away in a cartoon game.If you don't have the skills to outfly a cartoon plane then just admit to it, dont disrespect veterans.

You can believe as you wish, since this is a forums and everyone's entitled to their opinion.  As I said you pay my account, ill gladly fly how you please.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2008, 08:33:06 PM »
this post has turned into stupidity. all of you should stop posting before you lose more brain cells :rolleyes:
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2008, 08:39:40 PM »
The problem with vans is he actually thinks hes good so he will talk trash. He runs picks and everything else but as soon as someone does it to him 200 fills up with his nonsense.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2008, 08:47:15 PM »
Ok who hasn't at one time or the other taken advantage of the way the game is laid out?
Me.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2008, 09:17:06 PM »
No one can dictate how anyone else plays.   It is about fun and how people do that is in the end up to them

Part of the game is perception too.  And much of that stems from how people wish to be viewed by their peers.  Some believe that high rank will earn them that respect, and maybe it does in some folks eyes.  Others will try and get it with their 15 kill 'attaboys'. Some will only fly the best birds and only put themselve in situations that favor them. To many that's a sign of a 'good' pilot.

There are also those, and I suppose we all pass through this in one way shape or form, who believe that their squad  is the best ever and that because of their rank or whatever, that it warrants instant 'respect' from the community.

And there are those who reach the point where they understand in the end it's all about having fun and testing themselves against other cartoon pilots and that since no one dies and planes are free, they might as well wade into the fight.

None is right or wrong.  No one group is going to convince another that their way is best.  And in the end threads like this will continue to show up forever.

I know how I like to play, and I do my best to accept that many play it differently.  I know which guys I believe warrant 'respect' for their 'flying' ability in this game.  I know which guys I believe 'get it' in my eyes. 

That doesn't mean I'm right :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2008, 09:27:27 PM »
You can believe as you wish, since this is a forums and everyone's entitled to their opinion.  As I said you pay my account, ill gladly fly how you please.

hurts your pride and that is FREE
<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2008, 10:15:15 PM »
hurts your pride and that is FREE

Dont hurt my pride when someone is being a troll online. Builds your ego, aleast because you care about it.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2008, 10:27:56 PM »
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2008, 10:37:55 PM »
Yes but people don't realize that BnZ is a tactic. Even the ones that knows the tactics used in WW2 for some odd reason want to
discredit those who are fliers simply in my opinion "beef their ego". Was well stated in Adolf Gallands book that Tactic germans found "BEST" during spanish war was Boom and Zoom. Saying this some people here dont realize the tactics flown at beginning of World war 2. Luftbury Circle ring a bell anyone? Yeah Typical formation of 5-6 planes doing a wide circle and idea is to cover the guy infront of you. However german aces exploited this Move and adopted "boom and zoom" closing closer then 100 meters for shots. If you think This tactic was garbage then perhaps aces like star of africa were a FRAUD. What about in Pacific Ocean when F3F's couldn't dogfight Zeros? Thach wave? Oh but thats 1 on 2 thats not fair. Its a Game, people are taking things to complex level, just leave it and what CorkyJR says best "Its A game, enjoy it"

World War I pilots also used Boom and Zoom tactics.  Beware of the Hun in the Sun...

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song