Author Topic: TAKING A ENY POLL  (Read 7424 times)

Offline smoke6

• Zinc Member
Re: TAKING A ENY POLL
« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2008, 04:54:36 PM »
i wasn't here before the eny thing. how did people behave before that & how has the eny stopped it?

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
« Reply #151 on: March 18, 2008, 04:55:25 PM »
And their cheeks.  Just something unnatural about those cheeks.  How they fit all those nuts in those cheeks unnerves me. :noid

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #152 on: March 18, 2008, 05:00:25 PM »
I cringe when I see them bury their nuts........ which makes me wonder... how busy would a squirrel be if he were turned loose on the boards.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 05:02:03 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #153 on: March 18, 2008, 05:13:40 PM »
u dont know me iron.  i've never complaind about "hoards"  get another catch phrase.  its getting old.

Well, the fact that you are here complaining about ENY explains why. If you fly with the "Horde", you never have to complain about being out numbered. :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
« Reply #154 on: March 18, 2008, 05:19:17 PM »
Well, the fact that you are here complaining about ENY explains why. If you fly with the "Horde", you never have to complain about being out numbered. :)

OOOH! Zing!  :devil  Now back to those squirrels...<shudder>
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 05:49:59 PM by Iron_Cross »

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: March 18, 2008, 07:37:51 PM »
But at least were now getting on a different track. Instead of discussing ENY limiter as such we are discussing individual plane values. And as those can not be assigned 100% objectively (What's considered a better plane? The faster or the better turning one?) there is always something to argue about. But take note that ENY values are not cast in stone. They have been changed various times to better reflect the MA realities. Take the C.205 for example. Once it was my supreme perk farmer when it's ENY was at 40(!), but now these days are gone since 2006 ;)

Right.  I have no problem with limiting the best aircraft when numbers are out of balance.  My problem is only with the ratings the aircraft have received, and I know that I could do better if I were given that kind of god-like power.  Trust me. :devil

Parallel to the 190D-9/Ta-152 crazyness is the P-51D vs the P-47N, with the former having an ENY of 8, and the latter 5.  Do I need to explain why this doesn't make sense?
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: March 19, 2008, 12:44:55 AM »
NO, keep it.

This poll will have no effect on whether or not HiTech keeps/discards/tweaks ENY.  :)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: March 19, 2008, 12:47:54 AM »
ENY is an improvement over how things use to be.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: March 19, 2008, 12:57:04 AM »
 :cry ENY :cry
Stop flying dweeb rides and running with the horde
Switch sides
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #159 on: March 19, 2008, 01:13:58 AM »
yes

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #160 on: March 19, 2008, 01:18:37 AM »
i wasn't here before the eny thing. how did people behave before that & how has the eny stopped it?
Picture logging on nearly every night with one country outnumbering the other two combined...by as much as 100 or more people on the weekends.

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #161 on: March 19, 2008, 04:12:26 AM »
"I cringe when I see them bury their nuts........ which makes me wonder... how busy would a squirrel be if he were turned loose on the boards."

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: March 19, 2008, 06:12:18 AM »
Picture logging on nearly every night with one country outnumbering the other two combined...by as much as 100 or more people on the weekends.

Indeed.

Imagine flying for the country that had the huge numbers (Rooks iirc) and trying to score a kill while 20 of your team mates try to beat you to it. Imagine what it was like to fly for either the Bishops or Knights and getting steam rolled by the Rook juggernaught every night.

That is why we now have ENY. ENY hasn't forced sides to be equal every night but it has prevented one team from becoming so populas that it outnumbers both of the other 2 combined.

HiTech has said (paraphrasing here) that they didn't want to force us to do things, but instead, to give us options and incentives. ENY accomplishes that most excellently.

Your options are: 1) Change countries to help balance things out. 2) Don't change countries and pay a penalty in a restricted plane set.

In regards to number 1, many are not inclined to switch sides for various reasons. The incentives to do so however are, reduced costs for perk planes, more perks earned per kill, an unrestricted plane set and the opportunity to meet folks on other teams.

In regards to number 2, you pay the penalty based on YOUR choice to not switch sides. The penalty also includes fewer perks earned per kill in addition to the restricted plane set. You also don't get to build relationships with folks from the other teams. There are many people worth knowing on all 3 teams.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 06:14:04 AM by Elfie »
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #163 on: March 19, 2008, 06:43:41 AM »
Indeed.

Imagine flying for the country that had the huge numbers (Rooks iirc) and trying to score a kill while 20 of your team mates try to beat you to it. Imagine what it was like to fly for either the Bishops or Knights and getting steam rolled by the Rook juggernaught every night.

That is why we now have ENY. ENY hasn't forced sides to be equal every night but it has prevented one team from becoming so populas that it outnumbers both of the other 2 combined.

HiTech has said (paraphrasing here) that they didn't want to force us to do things, but instead, to give us options and incentives. ENY accomplishes that most excellently.

Your options are: 1) Change countries to help balance things out. 2) Don't change countries and pay a penalty in a restricted plane set.

I also agree to a point that ENY does work in a lot of ways, I wonder that could there be a slight chance that adjusting from for actual people in flight may be a option?
In regards to number 1, many are not inclined to switch sides for various reasons. The incentives to do so however are, reduced costs for perk planes, more perks earned per kill, an unrestricted plane set and the opportunity to meet folks on other teams.

In regards to number 2, you pay the penalty based on YOUR choice to not switch sides. The penalty also includes fewer perks earned per kill in addition to the restricted plane set. You also don't get to build relationships with folks from the other teams. There are many people worth knowing on all 3 teams.
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: March 19, 2008, 06:56:39 AM »
yes
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.