Author Topic: TAKING A ENY POLL  (Read 7428 times)

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
Re: TAKING A ENY POLL
« Reply #135 on: March 18, 2008, 03:33:09 PM »
there you go again iron.  you dont know what i think, what i will think or how i feel in the future.  already told ya once.  i dont care if its 50-1 against me or 1 side roling bases.  i guess the "hoard" is playing the game because they are not having fun.    :huh
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: March 18, 2008, 03:35:01 PM »
I think ENY is a good thing.
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline smoke6

• Zinc Member
« Reply #137 on: March 18, 2008, 03:49:23 PM »
funny, i thought this game was about having fun, not winning or losing, i guess i was wrong.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #138 on: March 18, 2008, 03:54:35 PM »
"F4U-4's simply because they were winning the war."
It is these type of statements that always make the get rid of ENY crowd loose credibility with me.
Note, nothing about winning or loosing is in the value calculating system. Only how many people you have on your team.

And if anyone things they should be able to have an advantage in number of players on there team with out any other handicap. Then they are blind to basic game play principles of any type.

2nd if anyone else tells me they have a 70 member squad, I think I will just eject them. There is no such thing as a 70 person squad in AH.

Hmm maybe it is time to bring the squad limit down to 16.

I like it.  That's where we stopped.  16 :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 04:16:42 PM by Guppy35 »
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2008, 03:55:22 PM »
funny, i thought this game was about having fun, not winning or losing, i guess i was wrong.
The next time I have fun getting gangbanged by a horde of La7's and Spixteens, I'll make a thread about it. I highly doubt I will have that excuse.

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2008, 04:02:13 PM »

Yup it is, and how much fun would someone have if they were outnumbered 50-1 and the enemy is flying "uber" rides?  Why don't you post how ya got Gang LUV'ed by a bunch of LAs and Spit teens, tell me how much fun ya had then HMMM!  How bout it DadRabit.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 04:11:29 PM by Iron_Cross »

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2008, 04:05:39 PM »
so the 1 person is going to hamper the fun of 50? :huh
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2008, 04:14:23 PM »

I'm quite sure the 50 are having a great time.  What about the one, how much fun are they having?

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2008, 04:14:46 PM »
The only difference between an La5FN and an La7, in that situation, is that the La7 can get you back to the horde faster. And if that ruins your fun, you should probably find something else to do.

Offline smoke6

• Zinc Member
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2008, 04:21:35 PM »
i don't think either way is right or wrong. i simply think more people would enjoy being able to fly what they want to fly & when they want to fly it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2008, 04:29:04 PM »
i simply think more people would enjoy being able to fly what they want to fly & when they want to fly it.

Sure, but sadly people don't behave in the necessary way to allow that all the time. ENY limiter was introduced because of that. Would have been much better if it hadn't been necessary.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2008, 04:37:23 PM »
First off no one is whining about it, it is our right to bring this to the forum and to Hitech's attention if we feel something is wrong with way is functioning. That being said. you stated while arena A has 140 players while arena B has 320 players and so on, this not what we are talking about. We seen that in both late war arenas the proportion of player offset about the same, orange had 35 more rooks than bish and 15 more than knits (rooks ENY was about "6"), in the blue arena the bish had 20 more player than the knights and 13 more the the rooks (bishs ENY was "21"), this value had stayed high for more than 30 minutes or more. This type of irregularity is what we are talking about, not all this bull about uber rides and so on, also I understand that other methods have been tried in the past, that doesn't mean all alternatives have been explored, does it now. While I will admit that ENY does work to some degree, maybe some tweaking of the calculation or a different approach is needed.

But beating a dead horse  :rofl

If you really wanted to take it to hitech... you might try email... it's a wonderful tool.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2008, 04:39:55 PM »
agreed.  lets talk about squirrels and how deadly they are now............. :devil
S! 68KO
S! A8WB

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2008, 04:41:57 PM »
Those dang pesky squirrels   :lol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2008, 04:45:06 PM »
squirrels have hands like carneys........
S! 68KO
S! A8WB