Author Topic: There are days...  (Read 2415 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
There are days...
« on: March 17, 2008, 03:24:05 PM »
....when I want to say “I don’t care who started it, stop it now!”

Nine weeks after Fork came up with a nice new concept that drew a big crowd, and after he and Soda have put so much time and effort into building and maintaining it, what we have is a handful of chimps screeching and flinging dung at each other.  Very disappointing.

At the beginning of this school yard fight the Axis threw a hard punch that hit the Allies on the nose.  The Allies yelled “No fair!”  They’ve been yelling it since.

It wasn’t within the Axis players’ makeup to be gracious in victory.  “You suck!” has been the substance of their discussion, in the arena and on these boards, since the war began.

Now we’re starting to see angry players yell “You cheat!” and “Fine, I quit!” and “I don’t want to play this game anymore!”

I observe that Shifty is the person talking the most sense.  That scares me. 

If I could knock some virtual heads together I’d do it.  I’ve watched five-year old kids' soccer teams that had more maturity than what I’m seeing in this place.

So I wish you would all just stop it and see if it is even remotely possible for you to pretend to be just a bit older than you’re acting.

- oldman (kicks a dog)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Re: There are days...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 03:26:24 PM »
....when I want to say “I don’t care who started it, stop it now!”

Nine weeks after Fork came up with a nice new concept that drew a big crowd, and after he and Soda have put so much time and effort into building and maintaining it, what we have is a handful of chimps screeching and flinging dung at each other.  Very disappointing.

At the beginning of this school yard fight the Axis threw a hard punch that hit the Allies on the nose.  The Allies yelled “No fair!”  They’ve been yelling it since.

It wasn’t within the Axis players’ makeup to be gracious in victory.  “You suck!” has been the substance of their discussion, in the arena and on these boards, since the war began.

Now we’re starting to see angry players yell “You cheat!” and “Fine, I quit!” and “I don’t want to play this game anymore!”

If I could knock some virtual heads together I’d do it.  I’ve watched five-year old kids' soccer teams that had more maturity than what I’m seeing in this place.

So I wish you would all just stop it and see if it is even remotely possible for you to pretend to be just a bit older than you’re acting.

- oldman (kicks a dog)

I didn't want to say it...
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 03:27:33 PM »
I'll second the motion!! I'm even getting along with shifty!! go figure!! :aok

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 03:41:41 PM »
I was completely oblivious to everything until just a few moments ago lol

I don't have the energy for a vendetta, the best I can do is try and poke Odee in the eye once a day.  :)  I login, I have a great time with my squad, try to shoot down red guys, and log off.
P-47 pilot

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 04:02:34 PM »
Sorry Oldman (grabs dog and scurries him away  :uhoh), and you have done a great job in getting interest in the arena  :rock

I am still kicking nicotene the old fashion way (cold turkey :furious).  Anyone who has ever experienced it might understand (I pray that you never have to live with a person going through it  :pray).  Funny, I was going to PM you today to make some  apologies / demands  :D.  I better have a cig instead.

I agree with you 100 %.

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 04:04:24 PM »
....they started it. 
"You rebel scum"

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 04:33:29 PM »
If this were htc's only arena, all of this would have been brought to a screeching halt a long time ago.
It just baffles me why the AvA staff apparently isn't allowed a free hand to moderate their arena and forum as it implies that both the staff, and htc condone this behavior.

Someone might be a good wingman, or a fun fight, but it's not worth letting the the 5 or 6 problem people stay if they poison the environment for the rest, and they're feeding on each others jabs. Until the staff has a free hand to mute players or boot them in extreme cases, and moderate their forum, I don't expect any real changes. For some, the game IS needling the other guy and the arena is only the sandbox for their favorite kind of play.

A sincere  :salute to the AvA staff, I'd never want that job with your player base.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 04:36:27 PM »

- oldman (kicks a dog)

Maybe we should all run out and get a lottery ticket. :D

If I may say something about all this, and this is my no BS opinion.

JG-54 you should stay where you are. We cannot stop you from coming over, but you won't be of any help to what ails us.
Also if you do come that's your decsison, not ours. We didn't ask for your help.
Most of us are not as quite beat down as you may think. So a special plane request like the F4U1A should not be honored.
We're not the ones  asking for help but we are the ones that have flown over here. The rides we have should be good enough for you.
If you do come and a decision is made for the F4U1A in the next round, then fine.
To be honest you've given us no breaks, why should you recieve one like a an aircraft request when you come over. Fly what we fly if you're going to be part of us.
And if you are still going to be part of us, then all I can say is Welcome Aboard.
<S>
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 04:38:11 PM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

storch

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 05:20:01 PM »
you are wrong OM.  no one is screeching well except one player that I can see.  that player suffers from tourettes and is probably off of his meds.

I suggest we all quit feeding the troll.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 09:39:10 PM »

It would be easier if the Axis would stay on their side of the fence. As it is, well the whole melodramatic event is spinning completely out of control, eh? All I can do is have faith that some semblence of normality will resume once VF-17 is running like a Rolex. :)

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 09:44:44 PM »
I'd enter the AvA arena again if things settled down and people started to be more mature. But until then,  :salute both Axis and Allies. See you when the time comes!
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline StugIII

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 09:46:44 PM »
i say we just have a giant battle to the death!!!!!  :devil :devil :devil :aok :aok :aok i'm in :salute

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 09:57:23 PM »
you are wrong OM.  no one is screeching well except one player that I can see.  that player suffers from tourettes and is probably off of his meds.

If the troll is who he is suspected to be, he's not worth a talking about ever again.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 10:15:11 PM »
i say we just have a giant battle to the death!!!!!  :devil :devil :devil :aok :aok :aok i'm in :salute

I thought that was always the point. Virtually speaking. ;)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 04:01:22 AM »
Chains, knifes, or guns?
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner