Author Topic: There are days...  (Read 2356 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: There are days...
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2008, 12:19:07 PM »
Kong's got his own circular logic going, justify something is the way it is, and will always be that way, simply because it is the way it is. False logic and false argument

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2008, 12:27:46 PM »
Krusty's logic kung fu is strong...

:rock
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline apcampbell

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2008, 12:36:54 PM »
Logic made simple, Fire...BAD, Beer...GOOD!
"Navy061"
http://www.slybirds.com
Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. -Douglas Adams

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2008, 12:48:43 PM »
Come on KONG, you are not really a moral relativist. Even you must concede that there are things that are clearly right and wrong.

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2008, 01:08:49 PM »
Kong's got his own circular logic going, justify something is the way it is, and will always be that way, simply because it is the way it is. False logic and false argument

Gravity is the way it is, and will always be that way, simply because it is the way it is.

I didn't justify anything, you added that yourself, it's human nature.

Human nature is the way it is, and will always be that way, simply because it is the way it is.

“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2008, 01:10:01 PM »
Come on KONG, you are not really a moral relativist. Even you must concede that there are things that are clearly right and wrong.

You first.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2008, 01:29:57 PM »
No doubt I see more grey area than most but I also know there is black and white, right and wrong.

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2008, 01:34:09 PM »
No doubt I see more grey area than most but I also know there is black and white, right and wrong.

I'm listening...

storch

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2008, 01:39:14 PM »
aren't you reading?

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2008, 01:43:03 PM »
Actually I'm trolling  :D

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2008, 01:48:35 PM »
True humility is intelligent self respect which keeps us from thinking too highly or too meanly of ourselves. It makes us modest by reminding us how far we have come short of what we can be.

Certain replies to Oldman's humble opinion, are far from any respect.  Some here need to learn that first.  I've learned the hard way, many many times to my own detriment.  Furthermore, others think they're great, but are far from it wallowing in their own hubris.

:salute to those who think of others first, and themselves last, like Oldman.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 01:50:12 PM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2008, 01:49:40 PM »
Certain replies to Oldman's humble opinion, are far from any respect.  Some here need to learn that first.  I've learned the hard way, many many times to my own detriment.  Furthermore, others think they're great, but are far from it wallowing in their own hubris.

:salute to those who think of others first, and themselves last, like Oldman.

Cheers.
And if I must say it,  it's people like Oldman who helps put things in perspective for us staffers.  He's efforts are always appreciated.

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2008, 03:22:12 PM »
Certain replies to Oldman's humble opinion, are far from any respect.

Would that be your passive aggressive way of saying that you disrespect opinions with which you don't agree? Which "certain replies" are you referring to? When did you become the arbiter of all respect? Aren't you "thinking to highly" of yourself to decide these things for everybody else. In all fairness wouldn't the opinions I expressed in this thread be considered more humble being that I don't presume to tell people how they should act or what they should like?

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2008, 03:37:39 PM »
As with any of the arenas, it's what each player brings to the game that they can impact on the most.  Oldman appears to be asking folks to look past the tip of their own noses and realize that how they present themselves, good or bad, makes a difference...good or bad.

The amazing thing for me in the arenas is that folks have to take the time to type their comments, so it's not an accident what they say.  Sometimes saying nothing is the best way to go for the sake of everyone playing. 

I do understand that many folks have their ego's far too wrapped up in what happens in Aces High.  I also realize that folks enjoy setting off other folks just to see them blow up. 

How you balance that with letting everyone get the most enjoyment possible from the game is the hard part.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2008, 04:00:22 PM »
As with any of the arenas, it's what each player brings to the game that they can impact on the most.  Oldman appears to be asking folks to look past the tip of their own noses and realize that how they present themselves, good or bad, makes a difference...good or bad.

The amazing thing for me in the arenas is that folks have to take the time to type their comments, so it's not an accident what they say.  Sometimes saying nothing is the best way to go for the sake of everyone playing. 

I do understand that many folks have their ego's far too wrapped up in what happens in Aces High.  I also realize that folks enjoy setting off other folks just to see them blow up. 

How you balance that with letting everyone get the most enjoyment possible from the game is the hard part.
Well said Guppy.  Sometimes the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. But those few have a hard time seeing that which is sad.  It's usually the few that often have the most to bring. :(