Author Topic: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE in the next patch  (Read 3399 times)

Offline Spazzter

• Copper Member
Re: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE in the next patch
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2008, 02:39:35 PM »
Yeah, give us range squelch.  Some guys are just blabber-mouths and will never shut up on range.  That is reason enough.

I wouldn't want to see range vox squelched because it is valuable to communicate with the others around you to coordinate attacks or call out cons.  It wold be nice though to be able to pull up the radio bar right click on the person's name you would like to squelch quickly and select it.  I think that would be a viable solution.  Just my couple of pennies.

<S>
Spazz

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2008, 07:18:18 PM »
i think HTC should make some kind of check list... were u can go and put a check in the square of the person that u wanna squelch, so u can always take it off later..... mabee in the roster list or somtin,next 2 there name
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2008, 08:34:55 PM »
STOP CUSSING YAH DWEEBS!  :mad: :mad:

:)
I'd have to agree with you, MGD. Sometimes adults act so childish, I feel old next to them  :rolleyes:
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2008, 08:43:28 PM »

With all due respect, I was aware of that phrase, and knew what it meant when I was 7 or 8 years old.. I'm now 32, and that knowledge as a youngster didnt turn me into a psychopath.. I dont think  :noid

However, there is definately something to be said for just being polite..  I dont really disagree with you, it's just that I dont think words hurt people...

at 32, i'm really surprised that you think that. give it a few more years... words are VERY damaging to some. they can drive someone to the point of violence, against themselves or others. they're a very tough weapon to defend against, and i can see his point. if i had a 7 year old daughter, i'd feel the same.....i DO have a neice that age, and when she's around me and my family, we do the best we can to keep her from crap like that.

<<S>>

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SuperbKi11er

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2008, 09:55:42 PM »
I am 14 i have said my fair share of words but i hear it more then i say it, and rarely use language on this game. I think people should never have to hear stuff they don't want to hear. Perma Squelch would be bad but a filter update would be lovely. U can still type Hell and damn.
LONG LIVE THE KNIGHTHOOD.
WE SHALL NEVER DIE. "Th knights are no longer doormats" Rox Everyday.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2008, 10:02:31 PM »
I am 14 i have said my fair share of words but i hear it more then i say it, and rarely use language on this game. I think people should never have to hear stuff they don't want to hear. Perma Squelch would be bad but a filter update would be lovely. U can still type Hell and damn.

What is wrong with hell and damn exactly?
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2008, 10:39:14 PM »
i think HTC should make some kind of check list... were u can go and put a check in the square of the person that u wanna squelch, so u can always take it off later..... mabee in the roster list or somtin,next 2 there name

THAT sir, is an excellent idea!!! :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2008, 10:43:44 PM »
Nothing is wrong with Hell and damn when used properly and in context, which most people are ignorant of. They are now used primarily as expletives that I don't wish to hear my 8 year old using , which he did once at 5 after I used one... I felt the appropriate amount of shock, shame and guilt/humor and talked to him about the power of words. Words are very powerful and those who disagree have not been exposed to the right ones I suppose. I have to agree that while headphones are a temporary answer, they are not THE answer. What THE answer is exactly I don't know yet.

It is not only the language used but the constant belligerence of certain players that goes on each time they are in a given arena. I have a few players I don't care for based on their conduct and their 'mouths' so to speak. Constant badgering of other players or "talking smack" if you will, has made playing any competitive event, whether this game, BBS, or sport, into increasingly unpleasant experiences. Players who feel they need to gain an edge by talking smack should really just practice more and increase their skill level or accept some will be better at things than they are. I remember as a kid the idea of sportsmanship was heavily emphasized, I don't see this much anymore around the practice fields.

I am no saint by any means as anyone who knows me is aware of. I have even had moments of an F word slipping out over the Military Police net in real life. I try hard not to though. I am all for a viable solution, until then I am making every effort to refrain from the ignorant use of my vocabulary. Appologies to anyone who was within hearing of anything I let slip out.
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline bergy

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2008, 10:25:53 AM »
Perma Squelch would be bad but a filter update would be lovely.

I will be corrected if I am wrong, but the technology to filter Voice does not exist, it is an all or nothing choice.
Game name ToeTag

Offline SuperbKi11er

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2008, 06:45:04 PM »
^^^ i did not know this but a chat filter is also what i was mechioning. I have seen a few guys type "noseSucker" and other things along those lines.
LONG LIVE THE KNIGHTHOOD.
WE SHALL NEVER DIE. "Th knights are no longer doormats" Rox Everyday.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2008, 09:32:14 PM »
I agree too. It's gotten way out of hand. Our CO has kicked out several pilots for vulgarity after some stearn warnings. He needs to kick out at least one more. Ironically it seems to be the kids that are doing it.

BTW Hitech, our COs should get paid for baby sitting since the parents aren't doing it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 09:38:18 PM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2008, 10:18:48 PM »
I agree to squelching also. When you squelch someone it should tell the person they are squelched as well. That way that person also finds themselves talking alone. This could force a bit of control on ones own language. Want to curse?*squelched*-you have been squelched- Do it on your own now. Just my thoughts on it.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline Imoutfishing

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2008, 12:20:58 AM »
I know we saw the new version today and there were no changes in comm's but by the response to this post maybe we will get a change soon.

I didn't know the new version was coming so soon or I would not have started up with this subject at the time.  My comment was spurred on by one particular exchange that I had nothing to do with and could not control after it started.

If my post had been made a month or so ago maybe it would have been handled.  So I ask that in the next version the vox system be updated with some socialable standards if the customer wants to filter some content if not that is the choise we all must make.

MGD

Offline Crythos

• Zinc Member
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2008, 05:24:34 AM »
As you see by my post count I am pretty new to AH but a fairly veteran MMO player.
As such I was really quite suprised when somone I had squelched previosly was back again next time I logged on.

We all have different language and annoyance tolerance so this is very hard to legislate, if not impossible, language doesnt phase me personally but inane babble does,  permasquelch should be an option.
"Tojo"

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2008, 06:49:07 AM »
Players: "Help us Obi-wan-HTC! You're our only hope!"

HTC: "Luke, use the Force .report command."

Players: "Uh... couldn't you just do it for us?"

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!