Author Topic: Down time  (Read 722 times)

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
Down time
« on: March 18, 2008, 04:06:49 AM »
I would like to see a 15 min down time if your KILLED in a fighter, GV or bomber.

Say your up in a Fighter and you get KILLED, you would have to wait 15 min's before you can up another Fighter. I think People would be a little more cautious and I wouldn't have to kill the same guy over and over. I think that the true art of dogfighting, tanking and bombing would really start to show in the game.
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: Down time
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 04:17:50 AM »
NO!
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grnherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 04:32:01 AM »
I do agree that base defences would have to be better, but I'm tired of these certain players waiting around for a base to be getting hammered and they run over there to run there kills up and the constant fur balling. You would have to earn your kills with skill instead of killing the same poor guy on the ground 50 times while a few players take the town down to capture the base.
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 04:42:25 AM »
Yea if they make you wait when you die only one or two guys would have to keep cap while the other ten take the town down in a few soconds and roll the goons in.
JG 54 "Grnherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 05:13:15 AM »

Offline EagleEyes

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/bassim
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 05:21:44 AM »
I like the way you think TrueKill...

Besides, how the heck am i suppose to rack up 15+ kills in one sortie if the same group of guys cant up!! Would make vulching very hard!!

:noid
Joedog31

GL IV./JG4 for Red Storm Krupp Steel
***The Flying Circus*** MA
334th FS "The Eagles" - FSO

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 05:44:33 AM »
I like the way you think TrueKill...

Besides, how the heck am i suppose to rack up 15+ kills in one sortie if the same group of guys cant up!! Would make vulching very hard!!

:noid

And defending a base even more so.
JG 54 "Grnherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 10:20:27 AM »
Yes and no on this one. Yes maybe 60 sec or 3 min max but 15 is to long. It'd sure give the ho/ram tards in there la's and hurri's something to think about before the try to short hop to the town and ram down the goons/cap. It also might make the newbie that doesn't know better take a look and see the base is capped and not up into the horde. No because then i'd lose what few vultch kills i do get. :lol

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 04:28:42 PM »
I just threw the 15 min out there but ya 15 is a long time and I know there are a lot of players out there that depend on vulching for alot of there kills(not making fun, its just fact)....I would just like to see some kind of penalty for throwing caution to the wind. And I would like to see the skill level in the game go up. Its easy to point the nose at the enamy plane and pull the trigger and hope for the best, I would like to see some thought go into the convergence. I think it would also be cool if you couldn't see the enemy's Icon (only Friendly Icons) and you wouldn't know what your fighting until the fight started at close range. You would have to pay alot more attention when all you see is that little black dot comming in the distance.

Offline DPQ5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 08:23:25 PM »
HELLZ NO
29th Infantry Division
Darkest Hour Realism Unit
King Company
Sgt. Phillips

Offline EvlPrsn

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 09:53:59 PM »
HOtards and rammers should be penalized, but it would hurt evry1 in the game if we were made to wait to t/o again.  even a 60sec wait would imbalance the current base defense game.
If i said anything to offend u, plz ignore it.

also, if i say anything stupid or rude, it was probobly too late at night and i was half asleep, so ignore that too.

oh yeah, its all just my opinion, so if ya dont care, just keep it to urself, cuz if u dont care, i sure wont!

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 10:01:56 PM »
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 10:03:29 PM by EskimoJoe »
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 10:04:08 PM »
[size=122pt]NO![/size][/b]
Mine be underlined  :)
He he, didn't work. :lol
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 10:06:51 PM by Denholm »
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 11:31:39 PM »
He he, didn't work. :lol
Yep, apparently you can't get into the triple digits when it comes to size  :lol
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 12:56:30 AM »
NO!

I don't think you said that quite loud enough, could you please try again?  :D
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.