Author Topic: Wirblewind  (Read 8600 times)

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
Re: Wirblewind
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2008, 10:30:20 AM »
and unleash hell.

I likey the hell part....I likey :D
Jay12

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2008, 10:33:27 AM »
Did you guys know that the wirblewind has 2 rates of fire?? Your secondary weapons trigger cuts the fire rate in half. Mash the main trigger and unleash hell.

I love this thing.

Primary fires 2 of the 4 guns.

Secondary fires the other 2.

I believe you have to press both to fire all guns at once. At least, I ran out of ammo in primary, and hit secondary and used up the rest of the ammo, during tests.

Offline John Hynds

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2008, 10:56:25 AM »
Love it just maybe it should be perked a little. No one will run an osti now. Ran 2 sorties last night. 1rst 6 kills before being tracked then bombed(it was also 6 fighters against me). 2nd 2 kills before I had to log of due to lack of sleep(also for a job interview in the am). Great job on it AH!

Offline 2fly

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2008, 11:01:39 AM »
This thing is a plane munching monster.  I love it, but it absolutely MUST be perked.  The only discussion should be how high the value should be set.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2008, 11:03:10 AM »
I find them no more deadly than an Osty if you attack with bombs or rockets. I got 5 kills with 4 bombs and 12 rockets without a single ping in a F6F just this morning.

However using guns they are defintly the worst ground vehicle by a good margin. Alot of very powerful rounds in a short amount of time.

I wouldnt even attempt it without a good cannon bird.

Strip(er)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2008, 11:06:59 AM »
This thing is a plane munching monster.  I love it, but it absolutely MUST be perked.  The only discussion should be how high the value should be set.

Nah, it still has the open top turret and can still only fire in one direction at a time. Distract the gunner with one target and pop his turret from a different direction.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2008, 11:15:10 AM »
It'd be super lame if the vulchtards got this perked. All it is is a low-range flak that's slower than an m16. Take down the VH, problem solved.
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2008, 11:24:18 AM »
Primary fires 2 of the 4 guns.

Secondary fires the other 2.

I believe you have to press both to fire all guns at once. At least, I ran out of ammo in primary, and hit secondary and used up the rest of the ammo, during tests.

Guess it all depends on how you have your triggers set up. I have my primary to fire all weapons, and my secondary to only fire the selected weapon, i.e. rockets, bombs or cannon. With it set up like that I either fire one set of cannon, or all of them.

Blew an A20 out of the sky last night with that. Ranged him with 2 guns and when I saw a hit sprite grabbed the main trigger and let loose......BOOM!!!!!  It was awsome. :rock
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2008, 11:28:45 AM »
I'm thinking the Il-2 may be the best bet against it.  A bit of armor and long range guns.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2008, 11:41:15 AM »
I'm thinking the Il-2 may be the best bet against it.  A bit of armor and long range guns.

Yep...that or the snipe him with the B25. 

(You might get away with a Yak9T even.)

Strip(er)

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2008, 11:49:13 AM »
I dunno the only time i got hit was when stupid enough to pull low alt turns over the enemy base.
I found it amazing to see how easy they go down when you riddle the top with x4 30cal's from a p39

I still have yet to even need the 37mm.

~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2008, 11:51:14 AM »
Love it just maybe it should be perked a little. No one will run an osti now. Ran 2 sorties last night. 1rst 6 kills before being tracked then bombed(it was also 6 fighters against me). 2nd 2 kills before I had to log of due to lack of sleep(also for a job interview in the am). Great job on it AH!

I beg to differ...just wait for the new GV/plane kick to be over, you will see a lot less 39's, Wirbel's, the same amount of Lgay's. It happens every time.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2008, 11:52:31 AM »
Whirble is here to stay.....vulchers worst night mare.

Strip

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2008, 12:16:41 PM »

Why must it be perked?  I like something now that will have a great effect on lancstuka's, 500ft agl carpetbombers, and A20's to start with.
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2008, 12:30:47 PM »
The Wirbelwind seems a little deadlier on targets actually trying to strafe you, they can sometimes weave between the rocks the Osti belches out, but they can't dodge the 20mm firestorm.

On crossing deflection shots, it seems to get pings where the Osti might get a kill. Often enough of course, the Osti would miss entirely. One thing about an Osti, one ping, one kill.

I suspect the Osti will remain more effective on buffs at 1.5+ distance.

But the Wirbelwind should be an easier flak to use for the average player who seldom practices in guns.

Still haven't decided which I like better.