Author Topic: Perk the WiberlWind!!  (Read 5772 times)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Re: Perk the WiberlWind!!
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2008, 03:30:40 AM »
Is the WW like the ostie, where you fill its open turret with exploding cannon shells or a nearby bomb blast and yet it keeps firing at you?
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2008, 03:32:57 AM »
Not at all Bozon.  And M8s have no trouble putting the turret out of service either.  Point blank, they also easily send it to tower with shots in the body
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2008, 04:04:48 AM »
I think that these are not hard to kill, just some are intimidated my the sheer weight of fire from a plethera of them all firing at once.  I flew over a V-base the other day and it looked like wall to wall wirbles.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2008, 07:08:48 AM »
If the WW gets perked then we have no effective AA vehicle left. The M-16 has virtually no armor and the 4 .50's don't pack that big of a punch. The Ostie now has it's metal plates around the gun so high that you can't see over them. Ostie is now virtually worthless unless the enemy plane is suiciding straight towards you.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2008, 08:15:54 AM »
Go ahead perk it!    I have 3,000+ GV perks to spend.   I'll still land a bunch of victories.   Makes not a single difference to me. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2008, 08:32:11 AM »
Not at all Bozon.  And M8s have no trouble putting the turret out of service either.  Point blank, they also easily send it to tower with shots in the body
Thanks (I'm on leave from the game, so I can't test it). In that case I don't think they deserve a per tag. The problem with the Ostie is that more than being deadly, it is as durable as a tiger when it comes to an airstrike. It is good to have another anti-vulch tool to go with the M16 that can kill and be killed.

I am also happy to hear the whining about Ostie's "raise the view point and aim with mouse pointer" does not work anymore  :rock
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2008, 08:43:45 AM »
If the WW gets perked then we have no effective AA vehicle left. The M-16 has virtually no armor and the 4 .50's don't pack that big of a punch. The Ostie now has it's metal plates around the gun so high that you can't see over them. Ostie is now virtually worthless unless the enemy plane is suiciding straight towards you.
:huh

Your serious?  No effective AA vehicle without the WW?  You've got to be kidding.  :rolleyes:

And since when was an AA ride supposed to be on equal footing with an a/c?  Specifically an attack a/c?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 08:46:17 AM by Blammo »
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2008, 09:14:07 AM »
I told you I'd "give you a tutorial" .   Still waiting for you to approach me.   The Ostie is very good in things "not just coming right at you".   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2008, 10:39:14 AM »
I am also happy to hear the whining about Ostie's "raise the view point and aim with mouse pointer" does not work anymore  :rock

It does work with the Wirbelwind...  :D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2008, 11:57:30 AM »
Its amazing how quick few WWs can clear field from vulchers :rock

Still think it must be perked, it left no space for osti and m16. Since WW comes in play i see 1 osti and 1 m16 only :rolleyes:
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Nisky

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2008, 12:13:17 PM »
Wow after seeing all the whining about the WW killed me whaaa whaaa. Here ill explain it simply find a buddy both of u dive in from different side guns blazing i will bet one of u guys will knock out its turret. I actually think its easier to knock out the WW's turret then the osty. There is no way the WW should be perked. Stop being lazy figure out a new tactic.
just talk about random stuff but please stay on topic

Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2008, 12:38:12 PM »
I see much more "dont perk WW, i cannt hit a wall with osties 37" whines (btw, i cannt too). Stop being lazy and learn to shoot with something else than 4 20mm guns battery if you cannt afford to spend few perks on WW.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2008, 01:55:32 PM »
needs to be perked, i cant even dive bomb fields without 90% chance of death from those things.
OEF 11-12

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2008, 02:05:53 PM »
Wirbelwind has actually ruined the fun in flakking, since before no one respected the Ostwind, thus it was possible for a good shooter to have fun in it. Now that all fear the Wirbelwind, not too many taking chances on running low/trying to take out a flak with guns. Which is more realistic, as far as that goes.

Those who are able to kill in a Wirbelwind now would probably have been able to kill in the Ostwind, back when you could see out of it, the 4x20mm setup just inspires alot more confidence for some reason.

If the Osti views remain the same as they are now, the Wirbelwind must remain unperked. You can't even see low airplanes in the Ostwind anymore. Looking at pictures, I cannot see the physical difference between the two vehicles that causes the views to be so different.

If the Osti views are modified, then five points for the Wirbel might be fair, if nothing else so people will still learn to shoot in an Osti. Then when they buy the Wirbel, they'll be able to REALLY mess up the low cons.

Offline DPQ5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2008, 02:00:52 AM »
It's got less reach than the ostie and is just as vulnerable to bombs or rockets, or high ROF guns, if only people follow some minimal tactics.  e.g. Two planes in from opposite sides, with the one that gets shot at pulling out, while the other just disables the vulnerable open turret.

It's not 10 times better than the Ostwind. If you're going to say that, show some supporting quantitative evidence that it actualy is "10 times better". 

The WW will force players to follow better tactics, and that's good.

well if they dident kill me befor i would drop my bombs it would be better
29th Infantry Division
Darkest Hour Realism Unit
King Company
Sgt. Phillips