Author Topic: Top 10 pilots news  (Read 2131 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Top 10 pilots news
« on: April 03, 2001, 12:22:00 AM »
OK.. I just made a hell of a breakthrough in automating the top 10 pilots listings.  It looks as if I'll have the data gathered by tomorrow night.  Then I just have to create the individual aircraft tables and its all set.  Should have it completed by late tomorrow evening.

Say what you want about Mr Gates, sometimes I think MS products simply rule.

AKDejaVu

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2001, 12:26:00 AM »
And don't worry Ronni.. its only 1 query every 3 to 6 seconds

Offline fscott

• Banned
  • Copper Member
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2001, 01:06:00 AM »
Great Deja, thx for the effort every tour. Sure wish they'd put this type of stat thingie on their web page, then we could check the top ten anytime we want during the tour.

One request, do you think you could put neon lights around the top ta152 pilot, whoever he may be? I just think he should deserve the highest honors for risking his ta512 at sub 20k altitudes and mixing it up with Spits and Niks.  

fscott

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2001, 04:59:00 AM »
Pad yourself on the back a little more fscott, and you end up breaking both your arms   (this may now formally be seen as a joke. Just to clarify. For those lacking humor or reading mischief into my statement. A joke. Banter. Nothing serious. Again, the answer is 42)

I'm 19:1 in the TA-152, you're 55:6, Kirin is  59:11. Think kirin and you are the top scorers here. it does take some cojones to take a Ta-152 down low, especially as virtually *everyone* will go for you, trying to rob those perkies from you. It does quite decently down low, but isn't a superplane there.

Deja, any chance you can include K/D ratio? Some people have very many kills, but also quite a lot of deaths in their respective planes. Would be interesting to see how the top scorers do here.

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you return from a mission with a victory, but without your Rottenflieger, you have lost your battle."
- D. Hrabak, JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2001, 07:34:00 AM »

Deja, any chance you can include K/D ratio? Some people have very many kills, but also quite a lot of deaths in their respective planes. Would be interesting to see how the top scorers do here.

Working on it.  I still need to come up with a minimum number of kills system for it though.  I believe I'll have to make it plane dependant.  Something like 100 min for the CHog and 5 min for the C.202.

I'm also going to do a "Top 10 against" list that will feature top 10 pilots against each type of aircraft.

AKDejaVu

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2001, 07:53:00 AM »
I've done 60-0 in a p-38L  

nanner nanner

Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2001, 07:58:00 AM »

I've done 60-0 in a p-38L

Time to quit living in the past.  What have you done for us lately? :P

AKDejaVu

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2001, 08:06:00 AM »
risking his ta512 at sub 20k altitudes and mixing it up with Spits and Niks

<cough> <gack> Risking what?

You mean popping someone when they aint looking by zooming thru furballs and picking off someone else who is already occupied with an opponant or two?  

lol. the top ten award goes to the folks who like to  sucker punch someone when they're already in a fight.  

-Westy

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 04-03-2001).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2001, 09:23:00 AM »
Wow.. excellent generalization westy.

I'll tell drex you said that.  Afterall, he'll probably win for the D25.  I know he never gets into a furball and mixes it up.. only hangs way above it picking people off.  Er.. wait... He IS in the furball and usually outnumbered.  And I know this because I never get into furballs when flying in my Yak.. I just hang out above them.  Er... wait... that can't be true either, because almost all of my deaths have occured in furballs.

What I really like about your attitude is the general undertone that anyone doing better than someone in a plane is doing it by flying in a manner you do not aprove of.  The truth is that everybody flies differently.  Some lean more towards one style than another, but no two pilots are exactly the same.  Also, every option is equally available to every player.  Some time, try hanging out over a fight and just picking one or two of without getting someone on your 6.  See how well you do.  Then figure how well you'd have to do to get 100 straight of those type of kills.  Then try it in a P-51.

Or better yet... How about getting on with your life.

AKDejaVu

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2001, 09:29:00 AM »
Message edited for stupidity  
And spelling  
[This message has been edited by aztec (edited 04-03-2001).]

[This message has been edited by aztec (edited 04-03-2001).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2001, 09:31:00 AM »

That's interesteing...got killed just yesterday by Drex mixing it up in a furball.

Drex gets most of his kills in furballs.  He's usually right in the middle of them.  Sarcasm is not always conveyed properly in type.

AKDejaVu

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2001, 09:44:00 AM »

Time to quit living in the past.  What have you done for us lately? :P

AKDejaVu

I'm working on getting a job flying, so be patient  

I'll be back and when I am you can kill me over and over till all the rust is off  
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2001, 10:00:00 AM »
  I didn't see Drex post here AKdejavu so you do whatever your typical knee jerk reaction tells you ya got to do.
 Drex does it too. In a furball I watch him head for the guy occupied. He picks off these easy guys first with a  sucker punch.  But! Then he moves on and uses his skilll in one on one and one on more. I never see him "run" after a delivering a hit. He stays local and mixes it up. there is a big difference between someone like Drex and the Fishu/Hristu 109 perch above, drop down, sucker punch type and ru__ er  extend as they call it.

Most of the folks I see with 60/9 or other massively lopsided K/D are of the fly safe,  hit when not seen and then emmediatley run. I call it the "sucker punch.". There is no skill to it,  just buckets of time and a quick hat finger so one canrun if another higher alt sucker puncher is preparing to do it to you first.

If you think I'm supposed to be impressed  by them or thier supposed "Score" you''re sadly and grossly mistaken. I find that type of <cough> fighting to be boring as all hell.

But I'm also not telling them how to fly and fight so they can keep doing it till the cows come home if they choose.

Or better yet... How about getting on with your life.

THAT, coming from you, that is priceless.

-Westy

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 04-03-2001).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2001, 10:18:00 AM »
IMO, stats are just that, stats.  They neither relect the actual combat taking place, or the 'skill' within...that's why we have a ladder, to measure ones ACM skill with another.  In the MA mentality, stats can be skewed with a high degree..so, to conclude, stats only satisfy those who are looking for data within the stats.  Make sense?  

Sturm

Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2001, 10:19:00 AM »
Westy I know what you are talking about, if I want to live longer I fly higher and wait for the furball to envelope and dive down and nail whoever is fighting someone "But then again what fun is this?"  Only time I do this, is when I am with a squad m8 who has asked for help.  Usually I am on the receiving end of these hits.  Getting pounced by the guy who ran to his AA and then had another come from high to help out.  Nothing like having people run from a rooklie though    I find in each sim you have these types, they brag about there high stats or whatever.  I was one of them before in FA, in here I just have fun, and squeak on RW non stop.  Our RW is definitely not for the non vulgar type    Only time I go to 20k is to chase a buff down, and you will never see me flying at these nose bleed alts.      

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
Airfield Defense Squadron