Author Topic: Top 10 pilots news  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2001, 05:10:00 PM »
Gatt,
  I guess it depends on which side of "the real thing" you are talking about and when.  I'm not sure the LW would agree that they got to pick their battle situation at the end of the war, but if you are talking about the Allied airforce near the end then I guess you would be correct.  It's all about perspective and timing.

Some of the best pilots in AH, and I'm not talking the UFO/Warp crew, don't bother to climb very high, they don't need to.  They can beat you 1 on 1 through superiour tactics Co-E or even at a disadvantage.  Tactics do work...

-Soda

Offline Wingnut_0

• Copper Member
      • http://www.Luftjagerkorps.com
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2001, 05:35:00 PM »
Enough from the whineyyyy arses in this thread.....let Deja finish so I can see them....karist!

------------------
Wingnut
Luftjagerkorps

The quality of the box matters little.  Success depends upon the man who sits in it  -  Baron Manfred von Richthofen

[This message has been edited by Wingnut_0 (edited 04-03-2001).]

eskimo

Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2001, 05:46:00 PM »
AKDejaVu,
I think that the stats are interesting and fun.
Looking forward to reading the results.
Thanks for sharing your hard work.

eskimo

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2001, 07:48:00 PM »

As for AKDejaVu, untill you can beat the record, dont tell someone esle to quit living in the past. Citabrai should be bringing it up each and every new tour and flaunting it. he earned that right to do so.

It was a joke dude.. thus the :P behind it.

Besides, it wasn't really about the streak as much as it was about Cit not flying AH for 3 months now.

AKDejaVu

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2001, 08:26:00 PM »
Hi Kats...good to see ya here...will we see you in the arena? Sure hope so, your a class act.  

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2001, 10:19:00 PM »
Nice job on the stats.  as to the opinion how one flies his craft turnfighting or bnz it's just a matter of how one prefers to play this sim.  everyone has a different way of enjoying the game.  when my heads on right.....and that's rarely, Ill grab medium alt and pick my targets, other days it's lets see what the d9 can do turnfighting.  point is to enjoy the game, however you wish to.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Kats

• Zinc Member
      • http://jg27.org
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2001, 10:26:00 PM »

How is it more of a Copp-out than running away from a fight where the enemy might continue on and kill your friends/family?

If by that you mean abandoning your team mates to secure a better position at their expense....I agree with you.

Maybe I should say that my intention is to fly as smart and disciplined as possible until circumstance forces me into a position that I would rather not be in. One of those of course is helping a team mate.

My only point really is that (well in my case anyway) it is much harder for me psychologically to disengage than it is to push a fight too far.

Both styles build experience IMO. Furballing builds pure aircraft piloting ability whereas "BnZ" for lack of a better term builds other virtues such as patience and discipline, or learning to get guns on target at 400mph etc etc. Obviously a pilot that masters both will be a serious predator.  

ps aztec, thx for the kind words  

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2001, 10:53:00 PM »
If, I find myself pressing against numbers, and my wingman is dead, I will drag you to "3" (where you will be). If 3 is out of position I will die, or run if I can get away. All else is rubbish!

More then that you do not deserve, but if you fly likewise come by to stay.  

Check six!  

------------------
Voss
13th TAS

Offline fscott

• Banned
  • Copper Member
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2001, 11:15:00 PM »
Sturm, bragging is good, it creates great competition, and rivalry. I'm not for the "peace and love salute all that shoot me down cause I love the smell of death" crowd, I fight with a passion. You don't like it then too bad. You will also see that in every plane I fly, I have a very good k/d ratio, and I do fly a variety of planes.

Believe it or not some people here are really good.  I'm not the best by far, by I am dern good, and I can learn any plane enough to give you run for your money. Heck I could give a flip whether someone takes offense to anything I say cause you are right, it's a game. So the same works for you, if you take offense to someone's arrogance. remember its just a game.

There's some guys in the arena that I hunt for, cause they are dern good *and* they have a mouth. You know what? Their mouth makes this game even more enjoyable and keeps me flying cause it is so dern fun shooting them down.  It is not as fun shooting down a dern good pilot who always salutes you, heck, I'd rather shoot down the dern good pilot with the mouth. Now, where's nath...

fscott

[This message has been edited by fscott (edited 04-03-2001).]

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Top 10 pilots news
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2001, 01:30:00 AM »

Originally posted by Soda:
Gatt, I guess it depends on which side of "the real thing" you are talking about and when.  I'm not sure the LW would agree that they got to pick their battle situation at the end of the war, but if you are talking about the Allied airforce near the end then I guess you would be correct.  It's all about perspective and timing

Eh Soda, too bad we fly Axis. With a 1944-45
plane set we should be green, with few combat hours and should be strafed on our rwys and bounced by expert USAAF/RAF pilots.

Too bad for allied pilots we have G-10, Doras and Ta152 *and* skills. Is this a what-if plane-set and scenarios? Well, then we have "what-if" good Axis pilots with good a/c. We dont have our factories bombed and we have time to train our pilots. Axis pilots are the kings of hit&run, hit&climb, boom&zoom and vertical maneuvers. We dont mix at low alt just to get kills and spawn again in 2 seconds. Our a/c are not suited for that (I mean 109s, 205s and FWs).

Seriously  , I think that each of us has developed his personal style of dogfight. So lets all enjoy what we have  

<S>!

[This message has been edited by gatt (edited 04-04-2001).]
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown