Author Topic: Does ROX = AStone/ xCephas???  (Read 2348 times)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Does ROX = AStone/ xCephas???
« on: March 26, 2008, 08:27:01 AM »
First thing this morning, I read Guppy/Dan's thread about Nit paranoia. Apparently the yammering from the leet mishunz crew was enough that it spoiled the night (no pun intended...at least I don't think it was). In consequence, he plans to stay clear of the Knight side to avoid irritating the irritatable.

Now, I've never met Dan, and I've rarely bumped into him in combat. But for as long as I've known of him, he's been nothing but a class act. It seems to me that if anything could sum up his attitude, it would be this: He knows what's really important in life, and it's not AH. Every time he talks about the game, he reminds people that it's all about relationships and having fun -- nothing else about it matters.

As you'd expect from someone with that kind of attitude, Dan seems to get along with just about everyone. (And seems to be comfortable ignoring those who just don't get what life's about.) Knowing what little I do about his character, when guys have gone off on Dan I pretty much know that the problem is with the other guy.

Which brings us to ROX and the missions. I think missions and cooperative activity are great stuff, especially for those who like the capture aspect of the game. Most of the time, air to air combat guys and capture people peacefully co-exist since their activities complemet each other. (A capture attempt attracts combat, which attracts fighter guys, who shoot down defenders and make the capture easier...etc) Only rarely do I remember seeing individuals who are so polarizing that they CREATE conflict between the styles of play. And I only remember one other player who drove entire squads to switch countries simply to avoid him and his single minded, all encompassing desire to win bases.

aStone/ xCephas.

Now I don't really think they're the same person. But they do unpleasantly share certain style characteristics, and those are unpleasant enough that I don't want to be around them. Bottom line for me is this: I like to play for fun, and to keep things fair for everyone, just like Dan and many others. If the lemmings on the nits don't want Dan  -- then I don't want the lemmings. They can see what happens when they get their way, and all those who aren't for them become against them...I for one will fly only against them until they're willing to play nicely.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Re: Does ROX = AStone/ xCephas???
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 09:06:13 AM »
I'm tellin! :rofl :rofl :rofl
<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 01:01:59 PM »
First thing this morning, I read Guppy/Dan's thread about Nit paranoia. Apparently the yammering from the leet mishunz crew was enough that it spoiled the night (no pun intended...at least I don't think it was). In consequence, he plans to stay clear of the Knight side to avoid irritating the irritatable.

Now, I've never met Dan, and I've rarely bumped into him in combat. But for as long as I've known of him, he's been nothing but a class act. It seems to me that if anything could sum up his attitude, it would be this: He knows what's really important in life, and it's not AH. Every time he talks about the game, he reminds people that it's all about relationships and having fun -- nothing else about it matters.

As you'd expect from someone with that kind of attitude, Dan seems to get along with just about everyone. (And seems to be comfortable ignoring those who just don't get what life's about.) Knowing what little I do about his character, when guys have gone off on Dan I pretty much know that the problem is with the other guy.

Which brings us to ROX and the missions. I think missions and cooperative activity are great stuff, especially for those who like the capture aspect of the game. Most of the time, air to air combat guys and capture people peacefully co-exist since their activities complemet each other. (A capture attempt attracts combat, which attracts fighter guys, who shoot down defenders and make the capture easier...etc) Only rarely do I remember seeing individuals who are so polarizing that they CREATE conflict between the styles of play. And I only remember one other player who drove entire squads to switch countries simply to avoid him and his single minded, all encompassing desire to win bases.

aStone/ xCephas.

Now I don't really think they're the same person. But they do unpleasantly share certain style characteristics, and those are unpleasant enough that I don't want to be around them. Bottom line for me is this: I like to play for fun, and to keep things fair for everyone, just like Dan and many others. If the lemmings on the nits don't want Dan  -- then I don't want the lemmings. They can see what happens when they get their way, and all those who aren't for them become against them...I for one will fly only against them until they're willing to play nicely.

Great post Simaril and a big <S>.

Oh and anybody that pops off the mouth to Cork has to be a serious tool and just plain stupid.

You cant fix stupid so I'd just let go. Typicaly people who get worked up this much over a game are most likely pretty miserable in some manner and its just a matter of time before they implode. There's a fine line between competativeness and obession. I know.... been at both ends of the spectrum I'm afraid.

Anyway, take care and I'll try to avoid getting wacked by your KI :)
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline DakOne

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 01:36:54 PM »
AStone had to retire because of medical reasons but he could rally players and yep at times drive everyone on all countries crazy lol. If Rox is flying only B26's and likes to dive bomb on towns ( his trade mark flying style ) then AStone may be back but as one of his former squadies I doubt it.

Offline Snork

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 01:47:54 PM »
*SNIP* Which brings us to ROX and the missions. I think missions and cooperative activity are great stuff, especially for those who like the capture aspect of the game. Most of the time, air to air combat guys and capture people peacefully co-exist since their activities complemet each other. (A capture attempt attracts combat, which attracts fighter guys, who shoot down defenders and make the capture easier...etc) Only rarely do I remember seeing individuals who are so polarizing that they CREATE conflict between the styles of play. And I only remember one other player who drove entire squads to switch countries simply to avoid him and his single minded, all encompassing desire to win bases.
aStone/ xCephas.

You animal! How dare you besmirch the name of my favorite AH character. I've been in and out of this game several times since early Beta, and aStone/xCephas and the LCA squadron caught my attention and have kept me interested for a couple of years now. Stone's been away for several months (to the best of my knowledge), but AH is poorer for his absence. You may not have appreciated his attitude and his total focus on ticking off the Bish but he always kept things interesting!

BTW, the "animal" reference is an insider's joke. Only Cephas cohorts will understand.
Flying as Noser

Offline Snork

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 01:53:04 PM »
And, BTW, Stone was quite distinctive on vox. If Rox makes you think you're on a mission with the Sopranos you just may be flying with Stone.
Flying as Noser

Offline Forker

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 03:54:27 PM »
I think Stone is taking time off to lead the campain for Barack Obama in his area........he always was a bleeding heart liberal......ha.
Lord, help me to be the kind of man my dog thinks I am.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 03:56:28 PM »
lol he sounds like the type for obama.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 04:15:10 PM »
take the politics to 200 :p

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 04:16:35 PM »
 :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 04:24:21 PM »
You animal! How dare you besmirch the name of my favorite AH character. I've been in and out of this game several times since early Beta, and aStone/xCephas and the LCA squadron caught my attention and have kept me interested for a couple of years now. Stone's been away for several months (to the best of my knowledge), but AH is poorer for his absence. You may not have appreciated his attitude and his total focus on ticking off the Bish but he always kept things interesting!

BTW, the "animal" reference is an insider's joke. Only Cephas cohorts will understand.

:)

I'm sure that up close xCephas was a nice enough guy, but I had real problems with the way he treated his countrymen...and the way he treated fellow Rooks who didn't play his way as an enemy. He openly said "He who is not for me is against me" , talking about his TEAMMATES. He repeatedly singled out rook players, decided the rooks would be better off without them, and tried to get them to change countries. He picked fights with air-to-air guys on country channel.  In short, he was the absolute opposite of "play the game for fun and have a good time."

Never could get him to see that chasing players away from rooks was counterproductive if he wanted  the rooks to win. And, BTW, would be surprised if his absence was triggered by medical problems alone...since he disappeared immediately after his squad imploded.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 05:07:42 PM »
He openly said "He who is not for me is against me"
"Only Sith deal in absolutes!"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 05:08:33 PM »
<--doesn't think this thread will turn out too good...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 05:13:47 PM »
oh ya, forgot about that guy and all his "interesting" pm's.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 05:17:39 PM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 06:25:14 PM »

CREATE conflict between the styles of play.

I don't see ROX starting posts and bashing furballers on BB , but i wonder how many posts does it take to cover his name in dirt. He shows maturity not replaying .