Author Topic: Another post about ENY  (Read 701 times)

Offline moto61

• Copper Member
      • http://www.eastex.net/moto
Another post about ENY
« on: March 26, 2008, 03:14:50 PM »
ENY does not side balance anything. If you can not get into one of the two LW arenas because it is full and you are forced into an arena that is already lopsided with your team then you are not hobbled, you are crippled by the ENY.

Again why is ENY ever allowed to get so high that it cripples a teams ability to fly almost all planes? Why is there not a cap so that there is some ability to still defend bases.

The real question in my mind is why the count for letting you in to an arena is not more Dynamic. Why don't you limit a teams ability to go into an arena based on that teams numbers instead of closing down the whole arena even though the numbers may very well be lopsided in one teams favor. Make the teams stay within a certain % and then close that teams ability to enter until the other two catch up.

If you make the entry into an arena more dynamic like that, couldn't you do away with the ENY?

:salute

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Another post about ENY
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 03:19:04 PM »
Well alot of people don't stick to just one "team". There are alot of people who like to go to other countries and fight with/against other people. So, there really aren't any teams, and the server won't be able to tell what team you play for. If you'r side has a high ENY and you want to play without ENY then go to one of the other countries.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 03:22:38 PM »
ENY does not side balance anything. If you can not get into one of the two LW arenas because it is full and you are forced into an arena that is already lopsided with your team then you are not hobbled, you are crippled by the ENY.

Again why is ENY ever allowed to get so high that it cripples a teams ability to fly almost all planes? Why is there not a cap so that there is some ability to still defend bases.

The real question in my mind is why the count for letting you in to an arena is not more Dynamic. Why don't you limit a teams ability to go into an arena based on that teams numbers instead of closing down the whole arena even though the numbers may very well be lopsided in one teams favor. Make the teams stay within a certain % and then close that teams ability to enter until the other two catch up.

If you make the entry into an arena more dynamic like that, couldn't you do away with the ENY?

:salute

That would be 100x worse than arena caps.

I dont really understand this question anyway... you CAN switch if you have high eny, you know. You're just suggesting that you HAVE to switch, which doesnt make any sense.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 03:30:35 PM »

Because players like you are nothing more than lemmings and will follow the hord right over the cliff.  The solution is very simple, so simple that it pains most to hear it.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline moto61

• Copper Member
      • http://www.eastex.net/moto
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 03:39:48 PM »
I do know that there are many people who are not interested in swapping countries/teams/chess pieces whatever you want to call it. I am one of those people. In both squads I have flown for I only know of 1 squaddie that changed teams. Maybe we are the exception and not the rule. That is one piece of data that can easily be looked up. Maybe HTC should check and see what % of players will actually swap teams. If that number is insignificant then maybe ENY should be looked at more closely.

This is just an idea. I also just read an idea in the wish list section that seemed to make an effort at making ENY a little more palletable.

If ENY did not absolutely cripple a teams abilities I wouldn't mind it. I have seen times that there was virtually nothing GV or Plane that you could defend with much less make a push for bases. Oh and yes I do like to capture bases. I am not much of a furballer. :P

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 03:46:04 PM »
Not interested in changing sides to improve game play?? ENY is for folks like yourself. Most will switch sides and go fly what they want. ENY works just fine just the way it is.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 03:48:22 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 03:57:00 PM »
The more ENY whines there are the better it's working.  Something I'm stumped on though, why are the LW arena's tied?  I'll switch to the low country in one, but then get booted.  So when I join the other arena and we have the numbers, I'd like to switch to the low country in there but am stopped by the time limit.  Can the separate arenas be treated like it, please?
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 04:13:53 PM »
Dont listen them, anyone who change sides is spy and must be SHOT! And who doesnt agree with statement is spy itself and must be SHOT too.
 :noid
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 04:17:58 PM »
 :rofl   :rofl   :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 08:19:10 PM »
So was I STONE COLD BUSTTSDDD !!@@  I guess this means I'm a spy, PERIOD! ?
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 08:40:47 PM »
The more ENY whines there are the better it's working.  Something I'm stumped on though, why are the LW arena's tied?  I'll switch to the low country in one, but then get booted.  So when I join the other arena and we have the numbers, I'd like to switch to the low country in there but am stopped by the time limit.  Can the separate arenas be treated like it, please?

I'd asked HT about untying them, and he said he'd think about it, and that was the end of that. I think it would be a good change.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 07:34:01 AM »
Learn the P38 and never worry about ENY again.
Lighten up Francis

Offline zilla

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 07:58:11 AM »
Dont listen them, anyone who change sides is spy and must be SHOT! And who doesnt agree with statement is spy itself and must be SHOT too.
 :noid
yep
Copper is proper

Offline Carwash

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 08:09:59 AM »
I don't think I can force myself to read another ENY thread.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 08:53:43 AM »
I must be a spy then, and have been for the past 2 years! I was a Knight for my 2 weeks free trial then switched Rook.  :lol