Author Topic: Inverted Merge?  (Read 1166 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Inverted Merge?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 01:56:28 PM »
You will only seem me flying inverted for quick glances below me.  I try to avoid merging this way, as it can put you at a disadvantage about half the time.  Just a way to get a good view on the next victim below me.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 02:08:24 PM »
I'll do this on rare occasions.  It's usually because I've come over the top low on E and my opponent is close and closing fast.  In this instance, I usually don't have time to roll upright and still stabalize the nose, so I remain inverted to stabalize as quickly as I can for the shot, then roll upright after the pass.

It's not ideal but it works in a pinch.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 06:58:16 PM »
When I see this I know they are going for a Ho.  I always dive under in the merge to try and encourage this move, and get nose up as soon after or just before the merge..  I don't know why people hate HOs in the MA, I love people trying to do it to me.  It usually means I'm going to gain angles on them really quickly.

Let's hope none of these guys read this post. :aok
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 09:27:23 AM »
I've done it. See a con low, chop throttle as you pass over him 2k or more, flip and dive coming in hard on his 6. If you do it right and manage your E/speed you can pick quite a few cons this way. I've also done this and find it slightly good for getting the down thru top of canopy shot on the unsuspecting con. It works ok on noobs and the unsuspecting con but the older more experienced pilots usually have good SA and your probably not going to have much success with this type of slash and go. If you see me doing it i'm usually bored and just looking to start a fight for the heck of it. :D I used this last night to kill 2 b17's with a P40E. Came in over the top flipped dove targeting eng/cp area's, zoomed past up and over came back and targeted 2nd b17. Flamed engines on both of them doing this and took minor damage. Due to low fuel/ammo left the 3rd one alone and landed my 2 kills.
AKsleepy

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 08:42:41 PM »
I remember dueling some random guy and he was doing this in the DA.  He did it in hopes to get a quick split S and gun solution on me.  I guess he didn't take into account that there is more than 2 dimensions in this game.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 08:59:43 AM »
I posted on this move.A fellow was trying to teach me the move.I very quickly learned that it didn't work,and it was nearly impossible to do correctly for me.Getting my arse handed to me a few times,confirmed it wasn't a viable part of my acm.
IronDog

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2008, 01:21:19 PM »
I've done it. See a con low, chop throttle as you pass over him 2k or more, flip and dive coming in hard on his 6.
That is not a merge.

Unless one had spent several seconds of preparation controlling their speed, inverting into a merge that results in a split-s is stepping into an overshoot trap.  I constantly try to break newer players of making this common mistake.

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 01:26:29 PM »
I constantly try to break newer players of making this common mistake.

Please stop this madness. Let them learn from their mistakes.  ;)
~Hells Angels~
Solar10