Author Topic: Shoot the chutes  (Read 3215 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Shoot the chutes
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 05:50:44 PM »
What's really funny is that those that whine against shooting chutes the most are the same exact dweebs that HO every chance they get.  Irony?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2008, 06:02:22 PM »
No, they are not. 
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 06:17:06 PM »
i shoot at the chutes for about the same reasons listed in this thread.I will add one more, when it is a large furball the person in the chute can still give out check 6's and so on.
<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2008, 06:43:05 PM »
All of the above, and, it's fun when they blow up after you make them splode.  ;)
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2008, 06:46:30 PM »
i never shoot at chutes beside the fact that i wouldnt be able to hit one it leaves that one nme out of  the hourde longer.

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2008, 07:18:23 PM »
I hadn't considered the check6 from the chute angle. I figured most just bailed out. I always bail out if I have to come home with damage that will make landing dicey. It just makes more sense than getting your pilot killed trying to wrestle a drastically damaged plane onto the runway. Simple fix for check sixing chute riders is to disable radio and check6 functions for bailers until they end sortie, after all, I don't think chutes came equipped with radios.

Bailing is STILL less lame than riding a wingless hulk all the way to the ground holding the trigger down or trying to exploit the "burn for forever and day before blowing" bug some fighters have to get an extra kill, or worse, trying to ride said hulk as long as possible in the hopes the other guy will get killed before he gets credit for you. :D

This is a game, after all, and no one really dies . .

Just an observation,
I've heard this before, it is a truism. However, it is ALL pixels on a screen, no one really does ANYTHING. But it always seemed to me that if one doesn't play with at least a thought of getting your pilot home when possible, you might as well do such silly things as upping a 4 cannon bird and HOing everything 'till your wings fall off, completely forget about managing fuel, dive bomb heavy buff formations into bases, or "bomb and bail" in buffs, deliberately make all your jabo runs one-way, etc and so forth.

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2008, 07:54:05 PM »
Yes, no, yes, no  :lol I'm going to agree and disagree with all on this one as they all make a sick kind of sense. If a guy gives me a good fight and bails and no cons around i usually just let him glide his chute down. :salute  If i see a chute next to my friendly field though then no matter what i'll shoot it as they send info and just plain are a nuisance.

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2008, 09:28:52 PM »
Why on Earth would you let a spy hang over you and relay real-time intel back to their buddies, check six that plane you have in your sights and spot for GVs and ship guns?  Spies, the lot of them.  Kill 'em all.

Plus, like Ack-Ack says, they have the coolest explosion. :devil
"Rotorhed"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2008, 10:25:07 PM »
I hadn't considered the check6 from the chute angle. I figured most just bailed out. I always bail out if I have to come home with damage that will make landing dicey. It just makes more sense than getting your pilot killed trying to wrestle a drastically damaged plane onto the runway. Simple fix for check sixing chute riders is to disable radio and check6 functions for bailers until they end sortie, after all, I don't think chutes came equipped with radios.

Bailing is STILL less lame than riding a wingless hulk all the way to the ground holding the trigger down or trying to exploit the "burn for forever and day before blowing" bug some fighters have to get an extra kill, or worse, trying to ride said hulk as long as possible in the hopes the other guy will get killed before he gets credit for you. :D

This is a game, after all, and no one really dies . .

Just an observation,
I've heard this before, it is a truism. However, it is ALL pixels on a screen, no one really does ANYTHING. But it always seemed to me that if one doesn't play with at least a thought of getting your pilot home when possible, you might as well do such silly things as upping a 4 cannon bird and HOing everything 'till your wings fall off, completely forget about managing fuel, dive bomb heavy buff formations into bases, or "bomb and bail" in buffs, deliberately make all your jabo runs one-way, etc and so forth.
Hold my trigger?    LMFAO, the ONLY time I will fire is if the person that shot me, is dumb enough to cross my crosshair.   

I GUARANTEE you that you have been the victim of a chute sending 6's. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2008, 11:10:20 PM »
I shoot every chute i see for the simple reason that it take another set of eyes and ears out of the fight. I consider them a spy on a string. And not killing the chutes is why we have to strafe the maprooms before we let troops out.
Lighten up Francis

Offline flubby

• Zinc Member
      • http://joomla.hp-parrots.de/joomla/
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 12:58:47 AM »
Killing chutes is dump, nothing more. You waste ammo and E.

Cu

Flubby

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 01:33:06 AM »

Not always -

The enmy chute  over your Vbase that can scout for and can give directions to his GV friends down there will be shot by me
The enemy pilot that bailed near his own town to run to the maproom will get my bullet too
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 02:27:01 AM »

Cu

Flubby

Keep telling yourself that. Next time you wonder why those troops didnt take the town or how that guy knew right where your GV was look out for a little meatbag running around.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 04:26:03 AM »
I will shoot ack hugging, rundweeb, and HO tards shoots anytime.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 04:34:32 AM »
 :huh
Lighten up Francis