Author Topic: Thank God for my CCW!!!!  (Read 8181 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: Thank God for my CCW!!!!
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2008, 05:52:53 PM »
Virginia Beach
Lol, you're one of the three white guys who live in Va Beach---dropped it as vacation destination decades ago
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2008, 05:59:21 PM »
Again, this is why I don't live in Virginia. Where I live the situation would never arise. I don't carry because I don't need to. But if I need to I can.

Hornet handled the situation well for his circumstances. His training allowed him to end the situation with no one injured.
RPM you live in Tejas right? Fail to understand how this could never happen there :lol

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2008, 06:04:18 PM »

You think you could do better against a group of armed humans than you did with a single monkey?

Oh yeah Jackal?? You think I'm a whimp or something? How bout I come down to your house and we see how tough YOU are? Just PM me your address, fella...I double dog dare ya.  :mad:

SOB, in case Jackal gives me his address, can I borrow your spider monkey?

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2008, 06:24:43 PM »
I can't speak for Virginia, but here in West Virginia anyone within 21 feet can be considered an threat. .

A professional with a knife could kill you, starting from 30 feet away, before you could draw your weapon.  Working in a prison has made me much more fearful of a knife over any gun.

The idiots who decided on 21 feet have obviously never been in battle.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 06:38:44 PM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2008, 07:59:52 PM »
RPM you live in Tejas right? Fail to understand how this could never happen there :lol
I live in rural north Texas. If I lived in South Dallas, Killeen, North Houston or any other metromess area with a high crime rate then I would have a need to carry. Out here in the sticks, no need.

I've been to all 48 states. When you cross the Mississippi going east, things change. When you start going north up the eastern seaboard, things get uglier by the mile. No offense to you yankees, but you're fools for living there by choice. Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Massachusettes and Maine are places I absolutely would carry for safety.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2008, 08:10:26 PM »
I live in rural north Texas. If I lived in South Dallas, Killeen, North Houston or any other metromess area with a high crime rate then I would have a need to carry. Out here in the sticks, no need.

I've been to all 48 states. When you cross the Mississippi going east, things change. When you start going north up the eastern seaboard, things get uglier by the mile. No offense to you yankees, but you're fools for living there by choice. Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Massachusettes and Maine are places I absolutely would carry for safety.
I used to think FLA was a ****hole, but as time went by, I realized my view was jaded because I lived in Tampa, where murders barely make the front page of the metro section. Now that I live in rural SW VA, (and in between worked a job fixing stuff in prisons in some 35 states) I realize that ANY big city with a decent-size welfare population--(which is redundant)--is a ***hole full of gangbangers. I'm thankful my little girl, who turns 18 next week, didn't grow up in Tampa. Lived there 20 years, had 4 friends who were murdered. Biggest problem I face now, other than figuring how said kid is going to college, is keeping bears out of garbage can

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2008, 09:04:03 PM »
Biggest problem I face now, other than figuring how said kid is going to college, is keeping bears out of garbage can

Some advice- If you confront a bear in your garbage can, and it starts approaching you in an agressive manner, and you have a gun, DO NOT say "Halt bear, or I will shoot you!" Because bears, and chimps, don't understand what you're saying. We learned that today. Instead
say  "GGGRRROOOWWWLLLL" really loud and jump around alot....that should scare off most bears, unless it's a Grizzly, in which case shooting it with a handgun will only piss it off anyway. 

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2008, 09:07:48 PM »
What if it's greater than 21 feet from you?  Wouldn't that put it outside the defensive perimeter?
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2008, 09:11:44 PM »
  :rofl :rofl :rofl
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2008, 09:21:39 PM »
What if it's greater than 21 feet from you?  Wouldn't that put it outside the defensive perimeter?

I don't know- does the bear have a knife or a tire iron?

storch

« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2008, 09:25:58 PM »
A professional with a knife could kill you, starting from 30 feet away, before you could draw your weapon.  Working in a prison has made me much more fearful of a knife over any gun.

this is accurate

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2008, 09:28:17 PM »
Don't be so hard on Steve. When it comes to BS, he is profoundly familiar.

Well. if you are implying that I post a lot of untrue stories, feel free to point out one.... just one.   I hear the crickets warming up already.  :)

Txmom, I love ya    :aok

OTOH, if I made a mistake about Hornet, let him post the police report and I will, without hesitation, eat humble pie.  There's simply no way a police report would not be filed in a situation like this, AFAIK.  So Hornet, please post it, I am prepared to offer my sincere regrets.

Steve

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2008, 03:01:47 PM »
There is always a few willing to give up every right and every freedom at the drop of a hat because they are afraid of standing up.
They don`t waste their time behind trees. The neon gives them away.

Yep.......libs fear just about every thing.
Their greatest threat is themselves.
Not too hard to identify in a crowd though. the pink scarves give them away.

You have anything but hate speech for people of a different political view or should I save myself the trouble and put you on the ignore list?   :huh
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2008, 06:17:12 PM »
Well. if you are implying that I post a lot of untrue stories, feel free to point out one.... just one.   I hear the crickets warming up already.  :)

Txmom, I love ya    :aok

OTOH, if I made a mistake about Hornet, let him post the police report and I will, without hesitation, eat humble pie.  There's simply no way a police report would not be filed in a situation like this, AFAIK.  So Hornet, please post it, I am prepared to offer my sincere regrets.

Steve

*crickets*

Offline Coshy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2008, 06:17:30 PM »

What would you consider an appropriate distance in determining an imminent threat? 30 feet? 50? I can hit a man sized target with a pistol at 50 yards, thats 150 feet. There had to be a reasonable distance set, too close and the law is useless, it allows the attacker to get too close. Too far and it would allow some nutjob with a rifle to go on a sniping spree. 21 feet, for ordinary everyday life, is a reasonable distance.

I've no doubt about the lethality of a thrown knife at 30 feet, but I'm wondering on the chance of encountering one of these knife throwing criminals in day to day life. There would seem to be a greater chance of a knife armed assaliant planning to get up close and personal rather than throwing his weapon at you.

As far as the "never been in battle" part ... this ranks in the top 10 of the most retarted things I've read today. The law wasnt made for battle, it was made for civilians, in everyday life. It was made to take the guesswork out of "Is this a imminent threat or not?". Inside 21 feet and behaving in a threatening manner, yes, it is a threat. 22 feet? Take a step closer.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 07:19:55 PM by Coshy »
Currently flying as "Ruger"