Author Topic: Reputations count.....  (Read 1947 times)

knobface

Reputations count.....
« on: April 03, 2001, 03:10:00 PM »
Hi.  I'm a newbie here.  I've been lurking on the boards for a while and flying (if ya can call me wobbling about the sky flying) in the MA for about a month.

I dont want to start a "who's the best" discussion......but I've seen a few people around the MA that just stand out (to me anyway) and I wanted to know what kinda reputations these guys have got.

FunkedUp.   This guy completely shocked the life outta me when I dove on him with a 10k alt advantage.  I was dead in seconds.

NathBDP.   Watched this guy completely clean house over A1 last tour.....awesome.  But then watched him crow about it all over ch 1.  Is this guy very young?

Ripsnort.  Havnt seen him fly (not knowningly anyway) but someone was telling me about "Ripsnort's missions".  WTF was he on about there?

SwoopGB.  Saw this guy only yesterday, he arrived at 10k in a spit V over a low furball south of A45 (12 of us v about 4 knights) and dove straight in.  He shot down 8 of us before someone finally got him.  I think he ran outta ammo.  Wicked.

Mitsu.  Saw a kill streak the other day.  Victory 38 by Mitsu.  WTF?

Citabria.   Havnt seen him in the MA (again, not knowingly) but people on the boards seem to hold high opinions.......who's Citabria then?

Knobface

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Reputations count.....
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2001, 03:15:00 PM »
That's the cream of the crop ... whip those guys and you've got this game licked..

Or do what the rest of us do, once you identify a con as one of them, turn tail and run  

gl
Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Reputations count.....
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2001, 03:32:00 PM »

Originally posted by knobface:

Ripsnort.  Havnt seen him fly (not knowningly anyway) but someone was telling me about "Ripsnort's missions".  WTF was he on about there?

Ripsnort flies Knights and is a master and whipping together a mission and attracting enough people to fill them up and make them successful almost everytime.  I think Rip does a great job, there are times in the Main Arena where you are weary of seeing your turf slide further and further away from you.  Its nice to have someone like Rip get a bunch of people together and organized.  If you haven't experienced one of his missions, play Knights for a few evenings and you should get your chance to join in a few of his missions.  Its great to fly in a group effort, try it!

Heck, Ripsnort for President in 2004!  :P

Take care!

------------------
Paul J. Busiere

Aces High Arena handle:  BD5Pilot
 http://bd5.checksix.net
BD-5 "T" (TurboProp) 90% complete, first flight in 2001 (We hope!)

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
Reputations count.....
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2001, 03:53:00 PM »
S!

Those pilots mentioned are very mighty opponents.Only 2 times have I downed Mitsu.Both of them he was propably caught off guard.But if 1 v 1,I would be dead in matter of a few moves.And his 38 kill streaks in matter of a short time..He musta been sitting(once again) in the old and trusty Ostwind near a field blasting anything moving around there  
 Ripsnort cooks up good missions and ppl like to join them,since they are very well planned and have balanced plane sets.
 Swoop is a good pilot.Seen him doing well in almost everything he flies or drives.
 Nath..Oh well.He's a colourful addition to this community.Doesn't lack self esteem  Skillfull pilot anyway.And also verbal attacker  
 I have no particular pilot I would put above any other,but I admire those pilots who fly the so called harder planes to master(109,190A5/A8,P47,P38 etc.)with passion and skill.13th TAS gets my <S> for skillful P51 piloting.Those endless hordes of Niki drivers I have no respect for,or they won't get anything but <F> from me. This is not personal disrespect against the pilots,but the plane they fly.Pretty frustrating to have a good dogfight going on and then some Niki's(cloaked UFO?) show up and that's it...
 In general the crowd in the MA is very friendly and has cool dudes that give helluva good time there.My 2 cents.

Flanker
3.Lentue
Lentolaivue 34

[This message has been edited by DB603 (edited 04-03-2001).]

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
Reputations count.....
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2001, 04:05:00 PM »
This is bait ?  
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline AcId

• Silver Member
Reputations count.....
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2001, 04:22:00 PM »
Nahhh Sushi is bait.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Reputations count.....
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2001, 04:40:00 PM »
Ripsnort flies Knights and is a master and whipping together a mission and attracting enough people to fill them up and make them successful almost everytime.

that being about 45 hog Cs...

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Reputations count.....
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2001, 04:47:00 PM »
You got a problem with that?

There are lots of different planes in Rip's missions and I usually took Tiffie. Maybe you should come to see what kind of planes there are and after that continue what ever you were doing.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Reputations count.....
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2001, 04:52:00 PM »
Heres my take on these fellow office chair wonders:

FunkedUp
====
Darned good driver but a little cocky in a semi-pretentious way.  I think he secretly admires nathbdp and has a guilty complex about it  

NathBDP
====
Excellent 109 driver but admiration evaporates real fast if you dont quickly  squelch him.  Kinda too bad really.

Ripsnort
====
Fellow Boeing employee and all around nice guy.  Only drawback is his blood lust for that damnedable Chog excuse of an abomination.

SwoopGB
====
Honesty never caught my eye.  Decent guy I think.

Mitsu
====
Killer Pony driver and decent guy.  Fun to fight with.

Citabria
====
For all the work this guy has done filling the kill buffer in his 38, Ive never been around him much while he was online.  He waxed me once pretty good.  I remember that.

Bottom line is these guys are all good, bad and ugly but they are just a minor sampling of what you will find if you spend GOBs of time online 24x7.

Y
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

funked

Reputations count.....
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2001, 05:32:00 PM »
I'm not cocky, you are all just inferior!

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Reputations count.....
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2001, 05:40:00 PM »

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Reputations count.....
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2001, 05:40:00 PM »
 You guys just wait!!! Now that I finaly have my 8 month joystick problem fixed I am learning to shoot again!!!  In a couple of months I will again be the scurge of the AH skies!!!!

Udie

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Reputations count.....
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2001, 05:41:00 PM »
All good sticks. Most of em good folks too.

But....

NathBDP: Excellent 109 driver but admiration evaporates real fast if you dont quickly  squelch him.  Kinda too bad really

You got to have some semblence of a personality though, IMO, to have a reputation. Otherwise you're just a deadly drone.
 Ahem <cough>.

-Westy

Offline Lamina

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Reputations count.....
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2001, 07:12:00 PM »
Fatty: Respectable and chivalrious Luftwaffe pilot who will refuse to engage a handicapped pilot.

SOB: A honorable ace who has been seen even protecting enemy chutes from friendly planes trying to strafe them, even getting his own plane in the way, risking his own life... <sSs> SOB!

Gordo: A courageous front line fighter who is always there fighting and fighting till the end. Everytime I log in he's there making missions and doing his best to make his country win.

Animal: The cream of the crop. A poetic crusader who will dive head first into danger for the good of his teammates; his courage and skill are matched by few in the world and probably the milky way. He is also considered Aces High's sex symbol.

Creamo: A gentleman and knight of pure heart. His compassion in the field of battle can bring tears to the eyes of even his enemies. He has been seen even bailing out to help enemy pilots who crashed on the ocean and helped them escape from their wrecked planes. He refuses to fly the best planes in the game and chooses instead to handicap himself with planes with small caliber guns, just to make enough damage to his enemies to make them bail out and live to see their families.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Reputations count.....
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2001, 07:17:00 PM »

Originally posted by Staga:
You got a problem with that?

There are lots of different planes in Rip's missions and I usually took Tiffie. Maybe you should come to see what kind of planes there are and after that continue what ever you were doing.

Hey hey..
Just an observation from someone on the recieveing end..
Dont get your panties in a knot.