Author Topic: OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!  (Read 7159 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Re: OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!
« Reply #300 on: April 16, 2008, 02:37:54 PM »
KPH also runs high for those who defend against the hordes. If you can get some kills and easily fly home, it's more likely a gangbang than a furball.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #301 on: April 16, 2008, 03:16:44 PM »
My favorite furball

By cueshack2000 at 2008-04-16
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #302 on: April 16, 2008, 03:26:31 PM »
Your crazy.. If I fly in the furball, I live most of the time and get pretty easy kills. Flying the edges of the furball doesn't mean 20k alt away from the fight, hovering over your own base hising in ack. Flying the edges of the FB is where you end up in the most 1 vs X amount of cons because you tend to have to go to the edges closest to the enemy base.

In other words, I fly past the FB away from the safety net of the green hoard. I typically try to get a con or two to come away from the mass. If you think that's safer then you likely haven't ever done it.

LOL Me being crazy has nothing to do with it.... even though many think I am certifiable. You seem to think a furball is a horde..... it isn't, a furball is alot of planes in a small general area. They can be stacked from the deck on up. This can contain even numbers or favor one or the other. Numbers change greatly in the blink of an eye. As Cap'n Dan (in my best Forrest Gump) says.... "our 38s are usually targeted because of their size".

OOOOOOOoooo LOOK I CAN CATCH MY HAND! 

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 03:30:14 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #303 on: April 16, 2008, 03:33:23 PM »
KPH also runs high for those who defend against the hordes. If you can get some kills and easily fly home, it's more likely a gangbang than a furball.

Yep, cuz in AH, there is a steady stream of A\C entering the ball.  The longer you stay, and fight the more fun you're gonna have, but don't bank on getting out.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #304 on: April 16, 2008, 03:51:11 PM »
LOL Me being crazy has nothing to do with it.... even though many think I am certifiable. You seem to think a furball is a horde..... it isn't, a furball is alot of planes in a small general area. They can be stacked from the deck on up. This can contain even numbers or favor one or the other. Numbers change greatly in the blink of an eye. As Cap'n Dan (in my best Forrest Gump) says.... "our 38s are usually targeted because of their size".

OOOOOOOoooo LOOK I CAN CATCH MY HAND! 

ok at least we can both agree that you are crazy..  :D
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #305 on: April 16, 2008, 03:56:45 PM »

Yea but there aren't enough raids that come in to have that really help your KPH for a whole tour. I do up and defend bases quite a bit, but that's not enough to make up for all the time spent flying around looking for smaller 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 fights.
"strafing"

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #306 on: April 16, 2008, 05:56:04 PM »
i wish i could lock threads. although yeah i would have to lock most of mine too.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 05:57:52 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #307 on: April 16, 2008, 07:04:50 PM »
Yea but there aren't enough raids that come in to have that really help your KPH for a whole tour. I do up and defend bases quite a bit, but that's not enough to make up for all the time spent flying around looking for smaller 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 fights.

You might not get top 10 KPH stats defending, but top 100, definitely. Out of what, 5 or 6 thousand players, I'd say that's maintaining a high KPH. I'm average on a good day, but typically had high KPH simply from defending fields.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech