Author Topic: General Idea to try...  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: General Idea to try...
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2008, 11:24:47 PM »
You missing the entire point.. I said it's much "easier" to learn those kinds of tactics. I didn't say they were all noobs.  It's not about the skill set so much but rather the mentality.

There is a difference between energy fighting , BnZing, and turn fighting. All three take time to perfect. The problem has nothing at all about the "type" of fighting it has to do with the mentality of probably 80 to 85% of the player base. Do I think they all suck and have no skills? No.

They have no respect at all for the actual fight and the real fun behind dog fighting. If you see two players in a 1 on 1 fight and you dive in and cherry pick the other guy with out asking.. Well then straight up it means you have no respect for the other player and non for the actual fight, if you think that kinda stuff is ok.

When you understand it's not about the style of play but rather the attitude and the respect for the fight.. Then you will maybe understand what wrong with it. Same goes for moron who thinks gang hoarding a single con or two is ok. It shows total lack of respect for any sort of sportsman ship.

Again it's about the attitude.. it has nothing to do with the flying style. This is not about a style of flying but rather the attitude of the typical player that thinks 5 guys on 1 con or cherry picking a con who is in a fight is ok.

What I said about things being easier to learn and bad habits, is the fact that it's much easier to stay in the protection of the hoard and be a gang tard or cherry pick other players for easy kills. Rather than learn a actual skill set and how to fight one on one.

Well then, forgive me for misinterpreting you! :o

The ironic thing is that we disagree but I don't do the things you complain about:

I don't cherry pick 1vs1's unless the friendly asks for help or I ask him if he wants help.
I don't dump all of my altitude to gang a guy who already has 2 or more friendlies on him, mostly because I think it's a waste of altitude. ;)

Sometimes I'm in a large group of friendlies but all too often they don't know how to drag a bandit properly and are willing to chase way too low; most of the time I'm coming in at 10-14k ft, far above any kind of horde, looking for bombers or other altitude fiends like myself.

I don't know how to help you with your complaint.  Despite all of the whining and mashing of teeth, the player behavior is the same in AH as it was in HT's other sim 10 years ago.  What's different is that the previous player base laughed if you complained about getting picked while flying below 10k ft.  Instead we complained about flight models because they weren't as good as they are now, exhibit A: P-38L.  My advice to you is to get above 12k ft and you will find 1vs1 fights because there are so few of us up there!
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!