Author Topic: E-fighting  (Read 460 times)

Offline spit16nooby

• Copper Member
E-fighting
« on: April 11, 2008, 07:26:30 PM »
I have tried many planes and many methods of fighting in my 4 months in aces high.  I have never tried to E-fight though.  I would like to use the 109K-4 because of its powerful engine and brisk acceleration.  I am absolutely clueless on how to do this though.  I know the goal is to force your enemies energy to run out so you can pounce for the kill.  Could someone fill in the gaps for me. :)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: E-fighting
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 07:59:40 PM »
I have tried many planes and many methods of fighting in my 4 months in aces high.  I have never tried to E-fight though.  I would like to use the 109K-4 because of its powerful engine and brisk acceleration.  I am absolutely clueless on how to do this though.  I know the goal is to force your enemies energy to run out so you can pounce for the kill.  Could someone fill in the gaps for me. :)

Do an Intardnet search for Bullethead's Energy Fighting Tactics and Energy Management write up as well as DeadDuck's Energy Management lectures (comes in two parts).  They might be a little hard to find since they were written about 10 or more years ago but still the best write ups on Energy Fighting/Tactics and Management written for the combat sim pilot.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 08:09:54 PM »
Do an Intardnet search for Bullethead's Energy Fighting Tactics and Energy Management write up as well as DeadDuck's Energy Management lectures (comes in two parts).  They might be a little hard to find since they were written about 10 or more years ago but still the best write ups on Energy Fighting/Tactics and Management written for the combat sim pilot.

ack-ack
that for AHII or all sims?
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 10:45:07 PM »
They might be a little hard to find since they were written about 10 or more years ago

Bullethead's pop right up with a simple Google search

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 12:01:38 PM »
that for AHII or all sims?

All sims. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline spit16nooby

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 02:58:25 PM »
could someone tell me some manuevers that are  good for E-fighting also could someone tell me how to do a spiral climb it seems that I never can bleed enough of my opponets energy before he turns in and gets a shot.

Offline spit16nooby

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 03:00:44 PM »
I tried the sites reccomended but they are all dead.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 03:28:15 PM »
Hammer's www.netaces.org has always posted by permission  the AW 95 lecture series that has Dead Duck's E Fighting/ E Management write-up in it, if I remember correctly ......also Hammer host a copy of Bullet Heads E-Fighting/E-Management write-up as well.....

Hammer's Netaces Direct Link to DeadDuck's write-up

part1 - http://www.netaces.org/e-fight/e-fight1.htm

part 2 - http://www.netaces.org/e-fight2/e-fight2.htm

Bullethead's write-up -  seems BH has taken down his posted site at delphi...and Hammer does not currently have it posted, although Hammer has been revamping his netaces.......

also look for Murdr's E-Management Theory at-

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/

and Badboy's write ups at:

netaces and at http://www.simhq.com  if you have time to sift thru it all to find them  ;)

« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 03:38:21 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC