Author Topic: Worlds fastest street legal car  (Read 2960 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Worlds fastest street legal car
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 07:09:16 AM »
Koenigsegg CCX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svxRpqeqFRY

So now we have the three 250+ mph cars represented. The Veyron and Shelby look very nice indeed, but personally I think the Koenigsegg CCX looks the coolest. It looks like a B-2 bomber on wheels!

"806 brake horsepower. And thats on that limp wristed fairy liquid the Americans call petrol"

I guess we have weaker gass then the euros? LOL
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 07:16:11 AM »
Lol, yeah. We enjoy somewhat higher octane gas over here. 95 is the lowest grade.
“I’m an angel. I kill first borns while their mommas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even – when I feel like it – rip the souls from little girls and now until kingdom come the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never ever understanding why.”

-Archangel Gabriel, The P

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 08:02:15 AM »
It's still never going to be as fast around a track as this thing...

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 08:04:42 AM »
95 octane in most European countries is equivalent to 91-92 octane in the U.S./Canada due to measurement differences for octane.  Most of Europe, and correct me if I an wrong uses the RON (Reasearch Octane Number), while the U.S./Canada uses an average between RON and MON (Meter Octane Number), also known as the API rating, which results in a lower value than using RON alone.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 08:35:06 AM »
the bugatti is really not.  I was just reading an article in motor trend or one of those at my sons shop.. they looked for the worlds fastest production car.. the deal was.. first car to 200 and back down again.

both the vette and the viper beat it pretty easily.. course.. .while they were production cars with full warantees.. they were supercharged or turbo versions that were options built by specialty companies.. you can order any of them at a dealer tho.

The fancy porche didn't even make 200.

lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 10:19:47 AM »
95 octane in most European countries is equivalent to 91-92 octane in the U.S./Canada due to measurement differences for octane.  Most of Europe, and correct me if I an wrong uses the RON (Reasearch Octane Number), while the U.S./Canada uses an average between RON and MON (Meter Octane Number), also known as the API rating, which results in a lower value than using RON alone.

That is correct. Our 95 RON "regular" is equal to your 91 AKI "premium". I believe you guys have 87 AKI "regular", 89 AKI "mid-grade" and 91 AKI "premium". In Europe the available fuel grades are "regular" 95 RON and "super" 98/100 RON.

So European cars sold in the US are limited to 95 RON/91 AKI, while in Europe they can be tuned to use the "super" 98/100 RON fuel grade.
“I’m an angel. I kill first borns while their mommas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even – when I feel like it – rip the souls from little girls and now until kingdom come the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never ever understanding why.”

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2008, 10:28:19 AM »
the bugatti is really not.  I was just reading an article in motor trend or one of those at my sons shop.. they looked for the worlds fastest production car.. the deal was.. first car to 200 and back down again.

both the vette and the viper beat it pretty easily.. course.. .while they were production cars with full warantees.. they were supercharged or turbo versions that were options built by specialty companies.. you can order any of them at a dealer tho.

The fancy porche didn't even make 200.

lazs

I can make arbitrary rules too! First to 100 mph and back: I'll bet some light and super tuned ricer or eurobox will win that one. Like Dahlbck's 900 hp VW Golf: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Jc4AzSNnY

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2008, 12:04:34 PM »
Heh, yeah, I thought that functioning air brake was one of the neatest features.  Probably a drag chute somewhere for emergency. 
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2008, 12:43:42 PM »
I can make arbitrary rules too! First to 100 mph and back: I'll bet some light and super tuned ricer or eurobox will win that one. Like Dahlbck's 900 hp VW Golf: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Jc4AzSNnY

That's actually been considered the true test of a sports car for a long time (0-100-0). The current champion is the Ultima GTR, a Brit car with a Porsche getrag transmission, and a supercharged Chevy V8. It's available in the US as a kit for about $80k.

It's all compromises though. I can probably whip around a road coarse in a $3k 80cc shifter kart faster than any of those supercars.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 01:56:17 PM »
1000 HP ? , what happened to "we are running out of oil" and "the evil oil companies are getting rich "?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2008, 02:41:34 PM »
john.. they don't care.. the bugatti gets 9 mpg..  the Vette gets 26 tho..  American supercars work.

lazs

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2008, 03:23:39 PM »
john.. they don't care.. the bugatti gets 9 mpg..  the Vette gets 26 tho..  American supercars work.

lazs

Chevy and Dodge now have to compete with Nissan's latest iteration instead of Euro exotics.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2008, 03:25:32 PM »
not really..  everyone ignores the ugly jap cars no matter what they do.

lazs

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 03:33:50 PM »
hmmm check out the some auto-forums, blogs, and even magazines about the latest creation from nissan. It's been a non-stop news barrage since late 2007. 

ignored?  i dunno but for those who are into high performance cars are watching that Nissan very closely.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 03:39:03 PM by mg1942 »