Author Topic: How I fly the FW190 D9  (Read 820 times)

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
How I fly the FW190 D9
« on: April 13, 2008, 07:17:31 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dodbxllghsm

Quick sortie this afternoon. I present in this in the spirit of peaceable discourse, as a demonstration that prudent flying in an energy fighter is not nessecarily skill-less flying.

Connected to the server, went into the lobby, saw that my squaddie Lambo was online. Turned out, he was Bish instead of Knits on account of their low numbers, fighting the horde. So I switched over. Took up a D9, grabbed some alt, headed over. Had these three  decent engagements, none of which involved ganging or cherry-picking. I realize I did some "controversial" things, such as getting alt, and, as I was alone, refusing to engage anything but lone fighters. Perhaps some of you will feel it was gutless to allow the Pony and Zero to escape because I refused to be drug by them into a cloud of enemy fighters...*shrug*, If that is gutless, guilty as charged.

Oh, and I'm not posting this as a brag, or some sort of pronouncement of elite skill, I know I'm not, I make mistakes whenever I fly. Particularly, feel free to point and laugh at my relative ineptitude at gunnery which allowed the HO Pony and the Zero to slip through my fingers. I was a little mad at myself too, so I  RTBed for dinner before I screwed up any worse, hoping that the 190D9 would pursue me away from his friends so I could get another kill in. He did not. Still, I suppose getting a good firing position on three more maneuverable fighters using basic E fighting is a small victory for a relatively inexperienced stick like myself.

I claim one Spit destroyed, one Zero damaged, and one Pony...embarassed maybe? :D

<S> All

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
Re: How I fly the FW190 D9
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 07:31:43 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dodbxllghsm

I realize I did some "controversial" things, such as getting alt...

I don't think very many people will argue with getting altitude under your belt, but more of what you do with it (ie pick, etc).  <--- Not saying you did or do. :aok

donkey
2sBlind

Offline DakOne

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 07:32:14 PM »
You flew your way and the way the D9 was meant to be flown. <S> BNZ

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 08:06:45 PM »
I stopped watching after you missed at 1:05.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 08:35:11 PM »
Nevermind. I'll post this in a thead of its own
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 09:29:36 PM »
I also have one video recorded when I try to show my friend how to fly the D9. Pure picking and team work.

http://files.filefront.com/Teamworkahf/;9930494;/fileinfo.html

E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 10:10:22 PM »
The D9 is a potent weapon if you keep the speed up and always fight in the verticle. You can successfully fight far superior numbers if you fight in this manner. It's not necessary to 'pick' or stay up on a perch, it can be used to great ends right in the thick of a furball.

Having said that, it is wise to grab that altitude and keep an eye out for high cons IB if you are fighting against superior numbers.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 11:10:56 PM »
Yenny consistently lands MANY more kills with is methods than I do mine.

Wulf hunts best in a pack.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 11:12:16 PM »
You could say that about any aircraft. A lone wulf is still a dangerous one.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 11:25:38 PM »
Nice film.   Each plane you engaged appeared to have seen you and decided to go to war with you.  Each plane had E and decided to blow it.  None were already engaged when you decided to attack and none had just taken off with no E built up.     
I don't think this is what people are complaining about when it comes to the BnZ'ers.
Jay12

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 01:26:54 AM »
^^ what he said.

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.