Author Topic: "New" X52 from E-bay problems  (Read 858 times)

Offline John Hynds

• Zinc Member
"New" X52 from E-bay problems
« on: April 16, 2008, 11:21:52 AM »
Hey everyone.
 Just got today a used Saitek X52. Problem is throttle controller works correctly but the joystick part doesn't work. I have no flight control at all. Top hat switch show up as buttons. Joystick works fine in the Saitek diagnostic program. Is there two versions of this stick one for Win.XP and one for Vista? I have had a X52 on this computer in the past and it worked right this one just doesn't. HELP! :cry
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 07:22:06 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Re: "New" X52 from E-bay problems
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 11:31:49 AM »
If your only problem is that the hat switch shows up as buttons, change it back to an 8-way view hat in the control software. Click the hat on the 3D model and adjust the settings on the right.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline John Hynds

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 05:58:36 PM »
NO problems also are that no alerion or rudder control.
Top hat switch shows up as buttons 14-18.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 06:01:15 PM by John Hynds »

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 06:40:16 PM »
Are you on XP or Vista? You can download beta drivers for each from saitek's web site. I don't know if that will help, I'm having a few difficulties with my X-52 at the moment also, but not that one thank goodness.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 06:41:48 PM by Halo46 »
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline John Hynds

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 05:22:44 AM »
This problem seems to be with AH as the Saitek diag. works correctly. Is there something like a config file or data file for controllers that could be corrupt? :furious

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 06:33:00 AM »
Did you set it up as a Saitek stick in the game? There is a profile for it.

I know this isn't much help, but when will people learn, GO CH baby !

Offline John Hynds

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 11:49:42 AM »
On the map controls panel it says Saitek X52. So it seems to recognize to js. :frown:

Offline Hamltnblue

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 04:18:49 PM »
If the stick works in the diag or game controllers section, it's fine and can be used.  Just a matter of figuring it out.  Start with drivers then game settings etc.  Do not use the saitek programming software, use the in-game settings.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 04:59:45 PM »
You do not need to have the Saitek control manager software loaded.  It really does make it easier to configure the stick in the game that way and the stick will be more responsive.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline John Hynds

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 05:34:02 PM »
Here are three screenshots about this problem. In the first you can see AH recognizes the X52 and the X,Y and Z axis are showing ok. In the second is the top hat switch showing up as buttons 15-18. In the third is the bottom hat switch registering correctly. The hat switch on the throttle control also shows up as buttons but not sure which.When I try to fly plane will auto take off ok but as soon as I try to manuever it will start to spin or something. Forward on the stick makes the plane dive right in a shallow turn. Pulling back doe really nothing. Using rudder makes it just go crazy.Tried calibrating, no effect. Tried all kinds of adjustments and it just won't work. Also downloaded the newest Vista drivers from Saitek made no difference.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 05:35:45 PM by John Hynds »

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 07:29:50 PM »
Wow, sounds like you might want to quickly use the return policy for ebay or the person you bought it from, quickly. That is way out of my league, have you contacted Saitek Customer Service?
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 06:37:50 AM »
Click the "Advanced" button on that screen, then select each of the axis one at a time and check the action in the advanced box. I would also use the "Calibrate Axis" button on each axis to be sure it was all calibrated right. It sounds to me that it isn't calibrated. Show us the screen shots with the advanced page flipped out.

Offline John Hynds

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 05:44:35 PM »
Figured out somemore on this. The axis are functioning right. Promlem is X an Y are switched. So I turned js 90 degrees and it seems to fly correctly. I had a older X52 hooked up on here and had all the stuff set like buttons, deadbands, scaling. Plugged this one in and everything reset to default. Any ideas? Gonna open this js up and see if there is something wrong inside.

Offline John Hynds

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 08:21:15 PM »
Well took apart the js ans swaped X and Y axis now it works ok just have to set all the buttons and scaling again. Problem is as expected in Saitek control panel X is now Y and vice versa. Oh well. Gonna be back flyin soon :eek:  Thanks for the help :D

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 11:29:08 PM »
You could've just swapped the X and Y axis assignments in AH...
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.