Author Topic: FREEDOM OF RELIGION!!  (Read 1329 times)

Offline gwano

• Copper Member
FREEDOM OF RELIGION!!
« on: April 18, 2008, 06:03:17 PM »
Why is it this way?

It doesn't seem right that if you practice or believe in some form of religion, whether it be Islam, Buddism, christianity or whatever, you are accepted by most christians or other faiths.

If you chose to be an athiest or agnostic, you don't seem to be accepted as an equal by the "believers".

So, to solve this "peculiarity of mankind", I choose to pray to "CROM" the god of steel, Like Conan the barbarian.

Now I don't have to worry about being discriminated against. I have taken the pressure off the "believers" who no longer have to intimidate me by giving me bulls*#t free propaganda to convert me to their ways.

~~~***OFFICIAL FORUMS JERK POLICE***~~~
                   (SELF APPOINTED)

**ALL PERSONS POSTING NEGATIVE, MEAN, IGNORANT, OR DUMB REPLIES OR IF I JUST DON'T LIKE THE REPLY, WILL BE PLACED IN THE "IQ LESS THAN 80" FOLDER AND REPORTED TO T

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Re: FREEDOM OF RELIGION!!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 07:05:43 PM »
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

At least in the USA, our constituion enumerates limitations on Congress with regard to religion.

It does not prohibit me hating you because of your religious belief (or lack therof)  I am not Congress, I am a private citizen and my private prejudices (prejudii?) are private.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 07:08:13 PM by Holden McGroin »
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 07:09:16 PM »
By CROM yer Right!!!

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 07:24:28 PM »
Shouldn't the topic be "Freedom From Religion!"

I agree with yea though.. but you could always join the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

http://www.venganza.org/
"strafing"

Offline gwano

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 07:32:30 PM »
At least in the USA, our constituion enumerates limitations on Congress with regard to religion.

It does not prohibit me hating you because of your religious belief (or lack therof)  I am not Congress, I am a private citizen and my private prejudices (prejudii?) are private.

I didn't say anything about congress!
I said "believers" like you are biased against "non-believers"
you just made my point.
thank you Holden.

In case you didn't read the entire post though, I'm now a "believer" just like you.
I pray to CROM.

(SELF APPOINTED)

**ALL PERSONS POSTING NEGATIVE, MEAN, IGNORANT, OR DUMB REPLIES OR IF I JUST DON'T LIKE THE REPLY, WILL BE PLACED IN THE "IQ LESS THAN 80" FOLDER AND REPORTED TO T

Offline gwano

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 07:35:20 PM »
Shouldn't the topic be "Freedom From Religion!"

I agree with yea though.. but you could always join the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

http://www.venganza.org/

:aok
                   (SELF APPOINTED)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 07:43:19 PM »
I didn't say anything about congress!
I said "believers" like you are biased against "non-believers"
you just made my point.
thank you Holden.

In case you didn't read the entire post though, I'm now a "believer" just like you.
I pray to CROM.

Show me where I said I was a believer. (I am not)

I was showing you that the USA's freedom of religion is based on the government not having an official religion, thereby allowing me to freely worship (or not) with no worry of jailtime.

Looks like you need to look at your own beliefs and tolerance of others.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline gwano

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 07:57:54 PM »
Show me where I said I was a believer. (I am not)

I was showing you that the USA's freedom of religion is based on the government not having an official religion, thereby allowing me to freely worship (or not) with no worry of jailtime.

Looks like you need to look at your own beliefs and tolerance of others.

Would you like some free pamphlets extolling the glory of CROM?
It will help you become less bitter.
I can have some followers deliver it right to your door.
                   (SELF APPOINTED)

Offline Darkish

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 08:59:10 PM »
You're not alone .... http://www.venganza.org/

There are many who live their life amongst the deluded.

(am a church of the fsm fan)

Just love how you can shove all that stuff in their face.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 09:05:23 PM by Darkish »

Offline Darkish

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 09:06:41 PM »
Also check out the "invisible pink unicorn" ... how do you know it's pink ...

I have faith...

Offline gwano

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 09:38:37 PM »

I like it!!!!
 :lol :rofl
                   (SELF APPOINTED)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 10:07:26 PM »
well i am a believer and i don't have ANY issues with you and  those that don't believe, its not up to me its up to you, Free will is a wonderfull thing!!

now as far as crom goes i have been reading Conan since i was 12 years old,(1982) and yes i still read them even though i love Yahaveh,
i think Robert E Howard was an amazing writer, and his stuff stands up today to anyones!(sad, he took his own life)
i have 52 Conan books in my library, plus alot of other REH stuff , that guy was awesome!!!

Offline gwano

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 10:50:43 PM »
Oh, CROM doesn't believe in raping children and/or poligamy as some of the other faiths do or at least acknowledge it on a large scale. (but you can go to confession and make it all better regardless of the atrocity)

Our faith does condone playing aces high in our underwear with a half a can of old milwaukee between our legs.(oh what a visual that is)

I have no problem with other people and their beliefs as long as they don't expect me to agree with it. I do have a problem with any person using religion or religious beliefs to do immoral or illegal things.

You don't have to be a "believer" to have morals. Many "believers" have no morals, however most are good people and do lead exemplary lives.
                   (SELF APPOINTED)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 10:58:58 PM »
Would you like some free pamphlets extolling the glory of CROM?
It will help you become less bitter.
I can have some followers deliver it right to your door.

first posted by me

My statement shows no bitterness, it does not say I hate you. It just identifies my understanding that I am free to hate you based on religious belief (or lack thereof) 

Oh, CROM doesn't believe in raping children and/or poligamy as some of the other faiths do or at least acknowledge it on a large scale.

"What is good Conan?"
"Defeat your enemies, have them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women."

It seems those who follow Crom are not the most tolerant either.  I suggest you engage in a bit of introspection.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 11:04:59 PM by Holden McGroin »

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 11:00:27 PM »
Why is it this way?

It doesn't seem right that if you practice or believe in some form of religion, whether it be Islam, Buddism, christianity or whatever, you are accepted by most christians or other faiths.

If you chose to be an athiest or agnostic, you don't seem to be accepted as an equal by the "believers".

So, to solve this "peculiarity of mankind", I choose to pray to "CROM" the god of steel, Like Conan the barbarian.

Now I don't have to worry about being discriminated against. I have taken the pressure off the "believers" who no longer have to intimidate me by giving me bulls*#t free propaganda to convert me to their ways.

Hmm . . . pardon me for saying, but it seems to me that, more and more, atheism is the "religion" that is both being pushed down people's throats and is highly intolerant of other religions.  For instance . . .

It seems a lot of atheists take their "religion" very seriously, and try very hard to "convert" those of other faiths to their side.  Not that there is anything wrong with that . . . except for the fairly obvious double-standard when they claim they want no one else's religion shoved down their throats.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."