Author Topic: FREEDOM OF RELIGION!!  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Re: FREEDOM OF RELIGION!!
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2008, 11:23:09 AM »
 :D

Us agnostics and atheists tend to wear it on our sleeves. You got us pegged there.

Hope i have never offended you. Hasnt been my intention if i have. <S>

Offline bergy

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2008, 11:25:24 AM »
I haven't once had to weild a baseball bat to chase an Athiest off my property, can't say the same for the JW's, LDS or those damndable Baptists. < apologies to all the other door rappers whom I've forgotten >

Grab my hand for prayer and I'll most likely bite you!

IMO, religion has been in my face all too long, time to assert my Atheisism and kick some booty. Or just launch into a profanity laden verbal assult or two, maybe that will get MY message accross.

On second thought, the baseball bat is more fun.

Flatbar
< when it's over, it's over >

:rofl  I never have understood why they think I need to be "saved"? From what? I already got away from the cool-aid line at church, I saved myself. I am not an athiest (spelling), but I'm not into todays "Church of, forgive me for what I did yesterday, so I can go back out and do it again tommorow" mentality. I don't go to there house and tell them how to live, and I get a little upset that they feel the need to come to my house and tell me and my family, that we are wrong to live our lives the way we do, hipocrits.
Game name ToeTag

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2008, 11:28:16 AM »
No offense Nilsen.   :D

A funeral can be a very difficult time to deal with anything of that nature.  I'm sure the priest was just trying to offer his support and comfort to your family.  Glad to hear that you came to a better understanding with him.

Regards, Shuckins

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2008, 11:38:09 AM »
Now, I just don't get that attitude.  You act as if these people are kicking your doors in.  Does the thought of engaging them in polite discourse, or politely telling them that you're not interested, disturb you that much?  (The key word being "politely.") 

Gentlemen, I live in the Bible Belt.  There's a religious zealot dwelling in every other domicile.  None of them have ever tried to force me into a religious debate, or drag me kicking-and-screaming into Heaven.  Arriving at work the other morning, a young female guard, who had been fasting and praying for her community, asked me to keep her in her prayers.  A Jehovah's Witness.  Although I'm a Baptist, and we do not hold their beliefs in high regard, I promised her that I would do so....and that is the way that that type of confrontation is handled in polite society.

Methinks that some of you doth protest too much.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 11:40:20 AM by Shuckins »

Offline bergy

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2008, 11:52:43 AM »
I found what flatbar said to be funny, but I do not belittle these people when there at my door. I say no thanks and close the door. I do feel offended that they need to come to my house and push there point of view, I respect theres and all I ask, is that they respect mine, simple enough.
Game name ToeTag

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2008, 12:23:03 PM »
any and all proceeds will be used to support the flock and our future legal bills associated with followers who "stray" from the teachings as yet to be written.
I am looking for about 12 "followers" who want to jot down some jibberish and we will make a book out of it and start posting it on the web for "nonbelievers" to "get some learnen"

So from your posts I get that you do not wish to have a serious discussion or an answer to your misguided premise.

check.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2008, 01:34:24 PM »
you know i was hoping to get some of you guys who don't believe and those that do, to have a good discussion, maybe a little more understanding, of Gods truth

check this post out if ya feel like discussing God.
 Yahaveh,Yahushua, the truth. in the oclub.

Offline Timofei

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2008, 01:49:29 PM »
Religion(s) is the cancer of the mankind.

"Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace "
Proverbs 15:17 "Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred herewith."

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2008, 01:59:26 PM »
you are absolutely right. I'm giving up on crom. he's a bum.
I now worship at the "church of the cheese eating doughboys"
I"m the leader. What I say is gospel.

Gwano, you have strayed from the true path, you have become an apostate.  Crom will forgive but I won't. I am organising a crusade against the 'cheese eating doughboys'. Expect a glittering army of fanatical cromites in your land soon. 

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2008, 02:03:01 PM »
im not sorry but i could not imagine life with the thought that there is nothing after this life,

the spirit that is inside of us lives for ever. in laymen terms it is energy and can not be destroyed,

"religion" has distorted what God has said to us, and most people blame God for what men do!!

what i find funny is  people who say there isnt a God who is the first  they call upon when a catastrophe  happens?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2008, 02:09:48 PM »
I didn't say anything about congress!
I said "believers" like you are biased against "non-believers"
you just made my point.
thank you Holden.

In case you didn't read the entire post though, I'm now a "believer" just like you.
I pray to CROM.

Are you sure the bias is not on your part?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline gwano

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2008, 02:16:40 PM »
Gwano, you have strayed from the true path, you have become an apostate.  Crom will forgive but I won't. I am organising a crusade against the 'cheese eating doughboys'. Expect a glittering army of fanatical cromites in your land soon. 

WAIT A MINUTE, CALL OFF THE STORM TROOPERS!!!

Last night while I was taking a dump, CROM spoke to me and said that he didn't approve of Conan's comments so I'm sort of going back to CROM. I'm merging the "Cheese Eating Doughboys" with CROM.we are now called "the CHEESE EATING CROMBOYS" I like the feeling of being "ALL POWERFUL", so i'm retaining that position in the new order. (Kind of like Warren Jeffs)  
Hopefully I can get some tax breaks for next year.
~~~***OFFICIAL FORUMS JERK POLICE***~~~
                   (SELF APPOINTED)

**ALL PERSONS POSTING NEGATIVE, MEAN, IGNORANT, OR DUMB REPLIES OR IF I JUST DON'T LIKE THE REPLY, WILL BE PLACED IN THE "IQ LESS THAN 80" FOLDER AND REPORTED TO T

Offline gwano

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2008, 02:41:55 PM »
So from your posts I get that you do not wish to have a serious discussion or an answer to your misguided premise.

check.

have you forgot where you are at: 
The O' Club
Open forum for off-topic and less serious discussions.

My thread, and my posts are solely my OPINIONS. Everyone is entitled to their individual opinions to my posts.
You seem to have a desire to "TAKE CHARGE OF A THREAD" because of your imagined "SUPERIOR INTELLECT"   

I'm going to give you a little advice.

I'llwhisper it in your ear......

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE!!!!!!!
~~~***OFFICIAL FORUMS JERK POLICE***~~~
                   (SELF APPOINTED)

**ALL PERSONS POSTING NEGATIVE, MEAN, IGNORANT, OR DUMB REPLIES OR IF I JUST DON'T LIKE THE REPLY, WILL BE PLACED IN THE "IQ LESS THAN 80" FOLDER AND REPORTED TO T

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2008, 03:15:44 PM »
have you forgot where you are at: 
The O' Club
Open forum for off-topic and less serious discussions.

Off topic means not of the game. (AHII)

Less serious is another possibility.

There are many threads discussing serious issues in this forum.  Then there are the less serious about music, the latest you tube, whether some sports team is better than another.

One way of telling if something is of the less serious ilk and not the off topic variety is the thread title.

Your title, freedom of religion, and your first post shows me that at least at first you had a rant about an off topic, not a less serious mindset.

Then you misinterpreted my first post and after that had nothing else to post about and started posting about Conan.

Perhaps you should start a thread about bipolar.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 03:19:50 PM by Holden McGroin »
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2008, 03:19:18 PM »