Author Topic: Polite request to fellow Allied pilots  (Read 2066 times)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: Polite request to fellow Allied pilots
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2008, 03:23:42 PM »
That someone would  1. be that frustrated to get in the 5in or 2. just getting in it at all with that low of numbers.

I fly from CV most the time in the MA so maybe exploding targets is something I'm use to.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2008, 08:39:59 PM »
now you know how all the other people felt when they asked for a change in gameplay behavior of others.  just saying...

:rofl

Well that's one way to rationalize whining rules into play/practice and suggesting banishment/ostrasizing as the method of enforcement. None of which had anything to do with me telling players on my own side they were playing stupid and suggesting they consider doing otherwise ... in a rather reasonable way. Reasonable being a key word. ;)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2008, 08:43:35 PM »
IF i were to be flying Allied, I would understand the frustration here. But I dont. What I do know is that Every Okinawa map ive played in as IJN/A Ive had to put up with CV groups sitting right off shore within spitting distance of fields. As soon as you up your getting shot at by Flak and no matter where you are on the island your getting puffy acked. That really gets annoying after awhile. I mean i dig popcorn but gawd... :uhoh
So if the idea of letting a CV group sail undetered right off the coast in plain sight of SB is rather daft. Here's an idea, how about staging the CV a bit further out to sea so you can A: ge ta little Alt before going feet dry or B: give the IJN/A a break from the massive amounts of popcorn.  :aok

What I'm seeing is you apparently understand where I came from and it didn't require the Allied version of the frustration to do so. :)

Offline araiguma

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2008, 04:05:27 AM »
Arlo,
      Although I had some difficulty, the cruisers and destroyers can be sunk.  However, they respawn brand new next to their smoldering CV's in such a short period of time that it's not even worth the effort of attacking them.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2008, 04:27:55 AM »
That's a setting I didn't change. That's a setting that was different during my first post. That's a setting that might have prevented it ... initially. But it's not a setting that prevents players from acting foolishly. It just keeps foolish action from causing mass sinkings of the fleets in a short period of time. I would prefer smarter play to modifying the settings because the players can't learn. But when one doesn't happen, the other is bound to. And I still don't blame the Axis. War is indeed on the horizon. A different one.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 05:04:51 AM by Arlo »

Offline araiguma

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2008, 07:30:40 AM »
I concur; putting a CV fleet or two, as I saw today, that close to airfields and shore batteries is not very smart.
 :salute

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2008, 08:42:36 AM »
I love this thread.  Never has so much been said by someone so oblivious...

Carry on :salute
P-47 pilot

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2008, 10:05:26 AM »
Well that's one way to rationalize whining rules into play/practice and suggesting banishment/ostrasizing as the method of enforcement. None of which had anything to do with me telling players on my own side they were playing stupid and suggesting they consider doing otherwise ... in a rather reasonable way. Reasonable being a key word. ;)

And jaeger or whoever was politely requesting for a change in gameplay, you made it sound like the end of the world.  pot, meet kettle.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2008, 12:33:02 PM »
I suppose if by politely you meant obnoxiously spammed and by request you meant demanding rules enforced on the community at ban-point that could explain your confused stance. Yeah, looking at it that way how can one tell these two events apart? *ShruG* I got no problem with you offering your "sage" opinion in such a way, repeatedly in public, to "make a point."  :)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2008, 12:49:19 PM »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2008, 01:16:35 PM »
They simply suggested penalties, it was an open issue for change, one you seem to be having no luck with.

calls 'em likes I sees 'em

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2008, 03:14:41 PM »
calls 'em likes I sees 'em

That's not in question. ;)

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2008, 03:53:24 PM »
lol shifty, nice

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2008, 05:36:42 PM »
 ;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2008, 05:43:26 PM »
Why is he hitting that sleeping horse in the nuts?
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner