Author Topic: Dont mute me bro!  (Read 3298 times)

Offline effect

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
Dont mute me bro!
« on: April 22, 2008, 10:01:22 PM »
Recently, a few peeps we're muted for what many folks at the time thought didn't warrant being muted. i.e. 'B24s hit' '<F>' 'Fword' and so on. Triggering an all out assault on the moderators on ch.200 by those muted and many who weren't.  Granted that some of it is a blatant attempt to 'fool' the Mods but people are going to say what they want to say and get their point across one way or another.  IMHO Mods have personal agendas due to the fact that some folks can get away with blatant profanity and some get muted for what most would consider minor infractions.  I just think that the mods should be more personal about it.  Instead of sending those little pop-up messages, PM the so called guilty party and let him know why hes being warned or muted.  I think the individual should have the right to explain or defend himself.  Just a thought.

I know that I don't have the answer, I also know that complaining about it doesn't do any good.  I just want to hear what other peoples opinions are and what they have to say about it. 

<S>
effect     :rock

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
Re: Dont mute me bro!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 10:05:18 PM »
Mute them all, let Skuzzy sort them out.
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 10:06:07 PM »
Mute them all, let Skuzzy sort them out.

:rofl :aok
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 10:11:31 PM »
My opinion....don't do the crime and you don't have to worry about doing time. Which is simple common sense (some people do seem to lack this). It would also appear (from your example) that it isn't a mod that is doing the muting, but, the profanity parser.

I do know that the arenas aren't live modded all the time. Which would explain what you see as them allowing others to get away with things.

In the end, it isn't rocket science. Unlike the spoken word, you actually do have to put, at least, a little thought into what you type. There for there is no excuse. Oh, and things like this generally get closed the next morning. :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 10:21:29 PM »
Yep, you're not in a bar with some drunken sailors. You're in HiTech's house and if you dont say it in front of your mother, don't say it in HiTech's house.
Bad word filter usually gives a warning. If Mods did they be argueing with everyone.
Personally I <S> the Mods, whomever they are, keep up the good work.

Apologies to you drunken sailors for lumping you in with those who can't control what comes out of their mouths or what their fingers type.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline effect

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 10:31:22 PM »
funny, HTC folks getting defensive. imagine that.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 10:35:26 PM »
when in doubt, mute all cheeze balls.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 10:52:26 PM »
I always wondered about the "meaning" of the < f >, I always was under the belief if was giving a < finger > humorously like flipping off a buddy, or a silent way of flipping the bird instead of cussing out loud.

kind of like how the < s > is a non-verbal motion, it isn't a word; it is the text representation of an action. I guess my question is does the action of "flipping someone off" constitute actual cussing, or is it like just a gesture saying go away, i am not happy with you?

If people really do think it means < bleep you > I wonder why this carrotted text string is different than the main one < s >, and is a word, instead of a gesture?

sorry just some questions I have had.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 11:10:32 PM »
funny, HTC folks getting defensive. imagine that.

Defensive? Odd, you brought it up  :rofl

Yanno, it is possible to carry on a conversation without ever triggering the automatic warning or gaining a mods attention.

Really, try it some time.  No one is forcing anyone to type anything.  You think the mods in the main arena are tough?  Survive a special event with one of my guys and pull something :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 11:12:28 PM by ROC »
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 11:41:19 PM »
Wish they would mute the guys that constantly cry when they die and belittle people calling them names for hours on end. Same ole stupid line over and over and over again. I'd prolly tune 200 more if It wasn't full of idiots that babble and argue with everyone hours on end. Their more disruptive then the occasional guy that mistypes a cuss word.
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 11:55:17 PM »
My opinion....don't do the crime and you don't have to worry about doing time. Which is simple common sense (some people do seem to lack this).

but/.....BUT.........it wasn't MY fault i yelled the "F" bomb on open channel!!!! it was HIS fault!!! HE made me F'in say the F'in F word!!!!!  honest!!!! i F'in know better!!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

sorry NB, couldn't resist.......in that one single sentence, you made the most valid point that no one in the arenas will ever understand. :salute

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 11:58:31 PM »

Bad word filter usually gives a warning. If Mods did they be argueing with everyone.
Personally I <S> the Mods, whomever they are, keep up the good work..

funny thing bout that filter.....i was loosing control a little the other night(but it was HIS fault, not mine! :rofl).....anyway, i typed "chit"......i think twice...the first time nothing...the second time, i had a pop=up window staring me in the face warning that continued profanity would result in loss of comm privledges........guess it learns too? and seriously..i don't generally type like that in here....

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline effect

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 12:03:17 AM »
Defensive? Odd, you brought it up  :rofl

Yanno, it is possible to carry on a conversation without ever triggering the automatic warning or gaining a mods attention.

Really, try it some time.  No one is forcing anyone to type anything.  You think the mods in the main arena are tough?  Survive a special event with one of my guys and pull something :)

First, I wasnt muted, I've just got enough balls to bring it up.  Second, yes, defensive.  Its a perfectly logical thread, and HTC mods are threatening to delete it and doing the name calling.  'cheeze balls' comes to mind.  I'm not here for a fight, just wanted opinions but apparently the Mods and others think differently.       :rofl  :rofl  :rofl

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 12:05:49 AM »
Only thing that bothers me about the whole filter thing is the F4UC 1K that I sometimes type in (or something similar, I can't quite remember)

That's the only time I get a message.  Other than that...never been warned, muted so it isn't that big of a problem IMHO.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 12:23:42 AM »
Mods = text nazis
and way to many gangtwits that like to mass report ppl
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14