Author Topic: Okinawa  (Read 1496 times)

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
Okinawa
« on: April 24, 2008, 12:35:01 PM »
I really like this setup, map, and settings.

But unfortunately the arena is empty.

inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
Re: Okinawa
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 03:42:25 PM »
I'm sure due to no base capture opportunities. :frown:
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 03:44:04 PM »
I get bored furballing, I need stuff to blow up on the ground as well.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 04:48:55 PM »
I get bored furballing, I need stuff to blow up on the ground as well.

/\
 l
 l
 l
 l
MAs
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 04:57:45 PM »
And thats where I've been. When the WOA starts I'll be back here.

Offline OldBull

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 06:19:59 PM »
Well TK you must admit the AvA is pretty empty now at night, you old AVA guys all talk about how bad you want it back for a while, but none of you are here. The highest numbers I have seen in here lately was 7 the other night and 3 of us were Avengers
Respectfully
OldBull
XO Avengers

OldBull
XO ~Avengers~

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 08:16:23 PM »
By Larry's account the AvA is supposed to be a glorified dueling arena.

Its just shooting planes down over and over again.

Strip

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 05:36:58 AM »
Well TK you must admit the AvA is pretty empty now at night, you old AVA guys all talk about how bad you want it back for a while, but none of you are here. The highest numbers I have seen in here lately was 7 the other night and 3 of us were Avengers
Respectfully
OldBull
XO Avengers

I havent played AH in over a week so I really dont know who the AvMA is working out. I think JG54 isnt playing there anymore so there goes most of the numbers right there.

By Larry's account the AvA is supposed to be a glorified dueling arena.

Its just shooting planes down over and over again.

Strip

No I and others want an arena where everyone knows each other and knows who they are fighting within the first ten seconds. We want a historical arena that doesnt focus on base capture. A place where you dont have to worry about geting picked in a 1v1 or getting ganged 10:1. Where when you see someone rolling you give them time to get alt and speed before asking on 200 "are you ready". Where the best man wins not the guy who came in with the most alt. Most of the players in AH are like me, furballers, we couldnt care less about taking a base.

So get a clue little shade and come back when you have flown for an hour in the AvMA.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 07:29:28 AM »
i like the ava the way it is now, but its just aerial combat. when i get bored i join the rest of my squaddies in the midwar MA. atleast last night it was actually pretty fun.

not too much ganging, although there was ganging. i camped out at on of the bases with a wirblewind and erased planes that came within 1k of my gunsight. <S> to oldman for putting up with my antics hehehe. anyway it was fun.  :aok

i miss the AVA with all the JG54's in taking bases and leaving women and children crying.  :aok

I miss all the things that were fun about the AVA. before the bad tactics showed up. if we could just get people to not use bad tactics, it could be fun again.  :aok

unfortunately this would involve co-operation among all the players.  :lol

i just wonder when TK is gonna come back to JG54?  :salute

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 07:51:31 AM »
The number of players in the AvA will fluctuate.  Now, that some real interest has been developed, the old, "taking my ball and going home" is not the going to foster as many positive changes as those who stick it out and adapt to learning new skills (vulching, spawn camping, NOE raids, etc... not sad to see these things leave the arena AT ALL).

Offline BlueTop

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 01:00:18 PM »

I havent played AH in over a week so I really dont know who the AvMA is working out. I think JG54 isnt playing there anymore so there goes most of the numbers right there.

No I and others want an arena where everyone knows each other and knows who they are fighting within the first ten seconds. We want a historical arena that doesnt focus on base capture. A place where you dont have to worry about geting picked in a 1v1 or getting ganged 10:1. Where when you see someone rolling you give them time to get alt and speed before asking on 200 "are you ready". Where the best man wins not the guy who came in with the most alt. Most of the players in AH are like me, furballers, we couldnt care less about taking a base.

So get a clue little shade and come back when you have flown for an hour in the AvMA.

I think there all ready is an arena like that it is called the death match arena. 

Historically I think they shot planes on the ground and trying to take off all the time.  Like on henderson field at  Pearl Harbor .  At lest that's the way they showed it in the movies.

But I wasn't there so I could be mistaken. 

BT

Offline OldBull

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 04:40:24 PM »

Well good luck with all that Larry
Maj OldBull
XO Avengers
OldBull
XO ~Avengers~

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 05:46:13 PM »
Yup, I find it funny as well that Tk, Captain, Storch, and a couple of others have been hollering for a furball only AvA room and now that they have it they don't even fly in it.  :rolleyes:
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 06:05:04 PM »
Have to disagree with some of the statements posted above.......

Not EVERYONE likes to come into the AVA just to furball constantly. Others (myself included) like to run historical type missions that incude Fighter Sweeps, Bombing Missions, the odd Tank Battle & even sometimes the attacking and capturing of a field.

IMHO, backed up by my time as a former member of the CT STAFF in the good old days, that is what attracted the numbers (and especially the organized squads) to the CT/AVA - the Historical type set-ups and plane match-ups. The ability to do historical type missions or do something besides furball constantly.

The constant whine from some parties because the other side wouldn't fight the way they wanted or play the way they wanted drove off a lot of the old players and any new ones that came into the arena.

Just my $.02 but would really like to see the AVA get back to that frame or mind and type of play.   :aok

<S>!

« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 07:28:33 PM by Jester »
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 06:12:56 PM »
Have to disagree with some of the statements posted above.......

Not EVERYONE likes to come into the AVA just to furball constantly. Others (myself included) like to run historical type missions that incude Fighter Sweeps, Bombming Missions, the odd Tank Battle & even sometimes the attacking and capturing of a field.

IMHO, backed up by my time as a former member of the CT STAFF in the good old days, that is what attracted the numbers (and especially the organized squads) to the CT/AVA - the Historical type set-ups and plane match-ups. The ability to do historical type missions or do something besides furball constantly.

The constant whine from some parties because the other side wouldn't fight the way they wanted or play the way they wanted drove off a lot of the old players and any new ones that came into the arena.

Just my $.02 but would really like to see the AVA get back to that frame or mind and type of play.   :aok

<S>!

AMEN!!!!!!!
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group