Author Topic: Syrian Nukes  (Read 2856 times)

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Re: Syrian Nukes
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 09:13:33 PM »
Would you kindly quote a Syrian official stating that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGcOVlshoOo

Take the time to watch this and take your pick.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 09:24:43 PM »
First, do a little research on history. Harold Wilson was prime minister. The sale of plutonium was made despite a warning from British intelligence that it might  what they called a "material contribution to the Israeli weapons program" back then.

Under Wilson, Britain also sold Israel tons of chemicals used to make boosted atom bombs 20 times more powerful than Hiroshima or even Hydrogen Bombs.

In Harold Macmillan's time the UK supplied uranium 235 and the heavy water which allowed Israel to start up its nuclear weapons production plant at Dimona - heavy water which British intelligence estimated would allow Israel to make "six nuclear weapons a year".

The US did NOT agree to this.  Just as we do not agree with any brown skin religious nutjob....er, middle eastern country today having such a weapon.

That's good, but you didn't invade or even threaten to invade Israel. You actually continued to fund Israel's military.
“I’m an angel. I kill first borns while their mommas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even – when I feel like it – rip the souls from little girls and now until kingdom come the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never ever understanding why.”

-Archangel Gabriel, The P

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 09:26:34 PM »
That's good, but you didn't invade or even threaten to invade Israel. You actually continued to fund Israel's military.
Only after they'd been attack in '47, '67, and '72.

Incidently, Hornet just owned you with that youtube vid.. Enjoy.

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 09:28:25 PM »
How about Syria doing the dirty work of Iran? Acceptable or unreasonable?

Care to give an example?
“I’m an angel. I kill first borns while their mommas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even – when I feel like it – rip the souls from little girls and now until kingdom come the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never ever understanding why.”

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 09:28:55 PM »
I think the Syrians see things differently, and they are probably not much interested in what you think is "likely".

Am I to assume that you speak for the Syrians? Are you Syrian? What do you know of what Syrians think? How do you know this?

What I feel is "likely" has every bit as much weight as what you "think" the Syrians are interested in because like me, you really don't know.

Mark
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 09:29:57 PM »
Let's get down to it Lumpy.

A middle eastern country already has nukes. Happens to be Israel. Israel just happens to cooperate with most Western countries.

Should any additional countries in the middle east have nukes "just because" someone else has them? Or should that door that was opened briefly (and unfortunately) be closed?

Seriously, do you think these other countries would use the nukes strictly as a political tool as the US, China, Russia, France, and UK have?  Or do you think they might just get a bit hasty and use one if pushed.  Lets call it "Nuke Rage based on Religious grounds"....I believe the latter myself.

An Islamic country already has nukes. No "Nuke Rage based on Religious grounds" yet.

Offline C(Sea)Bass

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2008, 09:31:02 PM »
An Islamic country already has nukes.

Care to give an example?

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2008, 09:32:40 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGcOVlshoOo

Take the time to watch this and take your pick.

While I haven't yet watched the whole thing ... tel me did a Syrian official actually say that "Israel and all Jews around the world should be wiped from the face of the earth"?

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2008, 09:32:54 PM »
Care to give an example?

Pakistan my friend.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2008, 09:33:46 PM »

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2008, 09:36:07 PM »
Am I to assume that you speak for the Syrians? Are you Syrian? What do you know of what Syrians think? How do you know this?

What I feel is "likely" has every bit as much weight as what you "think" the Syrians are interested in because like me, you really don't know.

Mark

Absolutely, but unlike my opponents in this thread I'm not threatening or advocating attacking another nation based on my ignorance.

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 09:37:34 PM »
Incidently, Hornet just owned you with that youtube vid.. Enjoy.

Hardly. I asked for a specific example, he delivered something else.

Offline C(Sea)Bass

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 09:37:54 PM »
Pakistan my friend.

I always thought Pakistan was Hindu. I looked it up and they are 96% Muslim, so I was wrong.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2008, 09:38:35 PM »
While I haven't yet watched the whole thing ... tel me did a Syrian official actually say that "Israel and all Jews around the world should be wiped from the face of the earth"?
Are you denying that radical Islam wants to rid the earth of the Jews?  
You said an example, not words that were identical. Watch it through to the end (I did a few months ago). You'll find it in there.

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2008, 09:41:47 PM »
Are you denying that radical Islam wants to rid the earth of the Jews? 

Not at all. I'm asking if the government of Syria has expressed such wishes as you have claimed. In case you don't know, the Syrian government is secular, much like Hussain's Iraq was secular. Syria is not like Iran at all.