Author Topic: Syrian Nukes  (Read 2845 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Syrian Nukes
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2008, 02:13:22 PM »
There will be no amount or quality of detective work done that would satisfy the non-injured nations of the world to the point that they would give aid and support to a nuclear reply by the injured nation.

Bank on that one.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2008, 02:45:14 PM »
There will be no amount or quality of detective work done that would satisfy the non-injured nations of the world to the point that they would give aid and support to a nuclear reply by the injured nation.

Bank on that one.

Myself, I completely agree.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2008, 03:19:00 PM »
Guess we'd just have to nuke 'em all and let God sort 'em out.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2008, 04:08:50 PM »
to someone who suggested Syria has the right to nuclear weapons...

you need to understand something... we will deny Syria and Iran nuclear weapons.  The reason for this is that we are already at war.  Unfortunately, you seem not to recognize it.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2008, 04:16:57 PM »
Good point, Toad. Although, it seems' to me that Hamas is more centralized on fighting Isreal, I'd bank on any Hamas Bomb going off in Tel Aviv...Also, what if the bomb merely passes through Hamas' hands, and goes to someone else? Like Al-Queada? That might make tracing the bomb's origins' even harder, wouldn't it? At least enough to delay any investigation. I'd think that Physicists' might find out where the Uranium came from BEFORE we knew who set it off. Unless, of course, as had previously been stated, the isotopes' from the parent reactor were not catalogued before detonation. I wonder how long this whole process would take, anyway? Any guesses?
Hamas would never give away a nuke to al queda they are too power hungry....
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2008, 05:51:49 PM »
to someone who suggested Syria has the right to nuclear weapons...

you need to understand something... we will deny Syria and Iran nuclear weapons.  The reason for this is that we are already at war.  Unfortunately, you seem not to recognize it.

Oh, you're right about that. I don't recognise the so called "war on terror" to be a real war in any sense of the word.
“I’m an angel. I kill first borns while their mommas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even – when I feel like it – rip the souls from little girls and now until kingdom come the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never ever understanding why.”

-Archangel Gabriel, The P

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2008, 05:58:29 PM »
i say we just drop a nuke on the middle east so the war is over and we can get our oil back   :D :rock

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2008, 06:19:55 PM »
You'd have to wear a rad-suit at the pump though. ;)
“I’m an angel. I kill first borns while their mommas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even – when I feel like it – rip the souls from little girls and now until kingdom come the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never ever understanding why.”

-Archangel Gabriel, The P

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2008, 06:29:09 PM »
Hamas would never give away a nuke to al queda they are too power hungry....

But, would Hamas actually use one if they had one, themselves? I'd think they would not risk the undermining of their entire cause, because Isreali retaliation would cost them Lebanon itself, i'd think. That's why I posed it as going from Hamas to someone else. Maybe they'd trade it for something they really need, like other arms', or cash capital, etc.

I'd think that Hamas or Hezbollah actually has more to lose than Al-queada at this stage, With the situation in Gaza and Beirut.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 06:32:44 PM by FrodeMk3 »

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2008, 06:41:35 PM »
But, would Hamas actually use one if they had one, themselves? I'd think they would not risk the undermining of their entire cause, because Isreali retaliation would cost them Lebanon itself, i'd think. That's why I posed it as going from Hamas to someone else. Maybe they'd trade it for something they really need, like other arms', or cash capital, etc.

I'd think that Hamas or Hezbollah actually has more to lose than Al-queada at this stage, With the situation in Gaza and Beirut.
Its never stopped them before, they blow up a bus, we take out the planner and all involved, they launch rockets at our towns we attack the launchers and stockpiles. Retaliation is not a concern of their's as long as they can say jihad and blow israelis up.
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: April 27, 2008, 06:51:41 PM »

Bank on that one.

No doubt, considering so many are saying 9/11 was carried out by the US Government.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2008, 08:23:02 PM »
Its never stopped them before, they blow up a bus, we take out the planner and all involved, they launch rockets at our towns we attack the launchers and stockpiles. Retaliation is not a concern of their's as long as they can say jihad and blow israelis up.

Yeah, but Freez, you have to admit that in the case of an Atomic weapon, If it didn't totally destroy Isreal's ability to strike back, which I think most would agree that one bomb wouldn't, They would have to know that not only would they take massive casualties to their military branches, but in a scenario such as this, could take massive civilian losses' as well. In the case of Hamas, which primarily calls' Lebanon home, they face the possibility of total obliteration-The destruction of their very way of life. Methinks' that even Hamas wouldn't risk that. Isreal would be greivously hurt, but Beirut and the rest of Lebanon would be no more...It would be an Isreali win, in the long run.

They are willing to risk the Bus bombings, rocket attacks, and everything else they've done, because up to now, that approach has been a 'limited' war, in the sense that repurcussions' have not been to the point where, for example, a Bus bomb or rocket attack triggers' an Isreali reprisal which kills' 50,000 civilians, or the total (and permanent) occupation of Lebanon. You guys' have only been acting as necessary, only crossing the border with set goals. And, leaving once those goals' are met. A Nuclear attack would grossly transcend all of those.

This story is interesting, as well.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080427/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_azerbaijan_nuclear_shipment;_ylt=AnciigVZnD5HmjYi5ZgDINtbbBAF

Many would agree that Iran, and not Syria, would be the first suspect in letting a nuclear device "slip" into terrorist hands. But from the way this Yahoo! article reads, it looks' like Russia and the U.S. would be able to keep tabs' on their reactor.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 09:00:55 PM by FrodeMk3 »

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2008, 10:12:11 PM »
I definatly see what your staying but lately the violence has been escalating, and hamas is starting to run out of options, the try to bomb we bomb back, anything they do will be returned, if and when they have nuclear ability they will attack a civilian population(gaurenteed) and ill try and be cautios with my words, but israel has its military backup and infrastructure in locations they will never find, and in holes they cant reach. They will never destroy the state completly. Israel will strike back and obliterate the attacker. But the thing is that they are most likely currently lacking a delivery system, unless its a very small thermonuclear weapon.

Trust me israel's eyes are watching closer than anyone.
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2008, 10:47:40 PM »
I definatly see what your staying but lately the violence has been escalating, and hamas is starting to run out of options, the try to bomb we bomb back, anything they do will be returned, if and when they have nuclear ability they will attack a civilian population(gaurenteed) and ill try and be cautios with my words, but israel has its military backup and infrastructure in locations they will never find, and in holes they cant reach. They will never destroy the state completly. Israel will strike back and obliterate the attacker. But the thing is that they are most likely currently lacking a delivery system, unless its a very small thermonuclear weapon.

Trust me israel's eyes are watching closer than anyone.

I agree. I don't really think a terrorist weapon would be terribly big, anyway...It would have to be something they could smuggle into a country, and set off completely unawares, IMHO. For a terrorist org. to get ahold of a missle, launcher, guidance, warhead, etc. and get it to a place to launch it (They would need complicity from any host nation) would more than likely be almost completely impossible, before it was detected and destroyed. This kinda makes any possible terrorist weapon about the size of a tactical weapon (1-20 kts.) and as such, probably would not completely destroy a large city. That scenario, IMHO, is the one that would have the greatest chance of success, and would be the most attractive option for a terrorist group.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2008, 10:49:05 PM »
I agree. I don't really think a terrorist weapon would be terribly big, anyway...It would have to be something they could smuggle into a country, and set off completely unawares, IMHO. For a terrorist org. to get ahold of a missle, launcher, guidance, warhead, etc. and get it to a place to launch it (They would need complicity from any host nation) would more than likely be almost completely impossible, before it was detected and destroyed. This kinda makes any possible terrorist weapon about the size of a tactical weapon (1-20 kts.) and as such, probably would not completely destroy a large city. That scenario, IMHO, is the one that would have the greatest chance of success, and would be the most attractive option for a terrorist group.

yep
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets