Author Topic: General Gun Discussion  (Read 15058 times)

Offline Carrel

• Copper Member
Re: General Gun Discussion
« Reply #420 on: July 02, 2008, 12:58:25 AM »
Give the guy a medal.  Two less scumbags to be using up air and eating good food.  Plus, no additional contamination to the gene pool.

Well...I give up. For a minute there I thought we could have a discussion about how far is going too far in protection of fellow citizens' (and neighbors) property, but since the majority here can't see past the simplistic view of "They got what they had coming to them" instead of debating what happens once we start sanctioning vigilante actions it's pointless to continue discussing this.

From now on I'll restrain my posts to those threads where one of you is threatened by an African American or an Illegal Alien gang and you pull your gun and I'll give you a big ol' "Atta Boy" at the end of your bullcrap post because you, with your gun, defended Truth, Justice and the American Way of Life, or perhaps I'll ooh and aah when you post a picture of a piece of crap Chevy and declare it the fastest car in the world, and maybe I'll chime in with the Godspeed, Blue Skies and <<<S>>> response when you accidentally run over your cat- but as far as actually discussing an issue based upon its validity?

It can't happen here- 80% of you have no grasp of your own reality, let alone the reality of what is. You are Sheeple.

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
« Reply #421 on: July 02, 2008, 01:52:17 AM »
As far as Im concerned, the criminals in question got what they deserved and Mr Horn should be commended.  Why should our tax $$$ be wasted to house and feed such filth? 

Being a resident of Illinois I can say with a good degree of certainty that if Mr Horn has done that here, sadly, he would have been convicted of murder and the deceased scum would probably mourned......by the liberals in the Chicago area.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #422 on: July 02, 2008, 01:55:26 AM »
He's lucky. The fact that both were shot in the back (read the article) would probably have gotten him not only a trial but a conviction anywhere else.

I read that they werent sure if he shot them in the back. He shot em w/ a 12 gauge shot gun. It would've made a real mess on both sides.

Plus, he did the right thing. If he called the police, they woulda gotten the illegals, shipped them back to Mexico and then they woulda been right back where they were.
 :aok
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #423 on: July 02, 2008, 06:24:05 AM »
Being a resident of Illinois I can say with a good degree of certainty that if Mr Horn has done that here, sadly, he would have been convicted of murder and the deceased scum would probably mourned......by the liberals in the Chicago area.

Had he done that in Australia he'd be sentenced to life in prison. No one would have given a watermelon that they were black and no one would mourn their death but he would still be in prison.

I'm not particularly fond of humanity in general, to be honest, but in order to effectively live with the plague of rats called people some laws need to be observed. Premeditated killing, regardless of the 'worth' of the people being killed cannot be allowed. How long will it be before a loved one gets mistaken for a thief and shot where they stand? How long will be before people start killing people they don't like and staging it as a theft? "It's ok officer, he stole my car stereo".

You're all putting yourselves on a slippery slope by praising the murder of fleeing thieves. People cannot be trusted to make decisions in heated situations. People are, by and large, impossibly stupid and the second you start allowing these idiots to kill on a whim it will be you who will suffer when the only people you've cared about start getting killed in 'mistaken' circumstances.

Like I've said... I agree that these guys were scum and they were entirely the masters of their fate but to think, even for a moment, that people should be allowed to execute people they see stealing other people's crap.... well, excuse my rudeness, but that's f-king ridiculous. The naivety of entertaining that idea astounds me.

If you want thieves dead start asking for the death sentence for thieves. If you want to stop illegals from being deported and coming back again to re-offend introduce the death sentence for illegals who commit crimes in your country. I wonder how many of you would subscribe to a ruthless nation like that? Instead you would prefer on-the-spot executions performed by pissed off, old guys? Let's use a little logic here instead of letting emotive responses dictate our opinions.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #424 on: July 02, 2008, 07:06:19 AM »
Had he done that in Australia he'd be sentenced to life in prison. No one would have given a watermelon that they were black and no one would mourn their death but he would still be in prison.

I'm not particularly fond of humanity in general, to be honest, but in order to effectively live with the plague of rats called people some laws need to be observed. Premeditated killing, regardless of the 'worth' of the people being killed cannot be allowed. How long will it be before a loved one gets mistaken for a thief and shot where they stand? How long will be before people start killing people they don't like and staging it as a theft? "It's ok officer, he stole my car stereo".

You're all putting yourselves on a slippery slope by praising the murder of fleeing thieves. People cannot be trusted to make decisions in heated situations. People are, by and large, impossibly stupid and the second you start allowing these idiots to kill on a whim it will be you who will suffer when the only people you've cared about start getting killed in 'mistaken' circumstances.

Like I've said... I agree that these guys were scum and they were entirely the masters of their fate but to think, even for a moment, that people should be allowed to execute people they see stealing other people's crap.... well, excuse my rudeness, but that's f-king ridiculous. The naivety of entertaining that idea astounds me.

If you want thieves dead start asking for the death sentence for thieves. If you want to stop illegals from being deported and coming back again to re-offend introduce the death sentence for illegals who commit crimes in your country. I wonder how many of you would subscribe to a ruthless nation like that? Instead you would prefer on-the-spot executions performed by pissed off, old guys? Let's use a little logic here instead of letting emotive responses dictate our opinions.

Most people can not be trusted to make any decision.  What makes you think the decisions of 12 people would be any more correct than that of the original shooter.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #425 on: July 02, 2008, 07:21:48 AM »
Pretty good post Xasthur.

For all, as I pointed out, this entire thread has become a rehash of the initial thread generated when the incident occurred.

No one has changed their mind.

Time to let it rest.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #426 on: July 02, 2008, 07:25:04 AM »
just out curiousity, what do his neighbors think? in particular, the one whose house was being robbed?
was anything printed about their opinions? ....

and also..i don't remember reading anthing if these gus were armed?

<<S>>
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 09:01:13 AM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #427 on: July 02, 2008, 07:26:01 AM »
Pretty good post Xasthur.

For all, as I pointed out, this entire thread has become a rehash of the initial thread generated when the incident occurred.

No one has changed their mind.

Time to let it rest.

i think i must've missed the original...this is the first i've heard of this.....
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #428 on: July 02, 2008, 07:49:06 AM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #429 on: July 02, 2008, 08:05:48 AM »
What I said then is still what I believe..

"shooting in the back is poor form unless... the guy is still a threat.. it would be really poor form to not shoot him in the back if he was just running for cover in order to reload.

It is always a judgment call..

lazs"

Cops and government need to be held to a slightly higher standard but for most of us.. if we still feel the guy is a threat then it is dumb to not shoot him.. You are gonna feel pretty stupid if he is just running for cover and to get a better shot at you.

I don't know about this case in particular and no one here does.. only the guy who did the shooting does.. he is the only witness.   I would not like to take two lives simply because they were burglars and were running away when confronted.  I would tell them to stop.. if they did.. fine.  If they did not and I thought they were not a threat..  I would not shoot em I don't think.   If they had any kind of a weapon in their hand I would shoot em.. running away or not.. or.. if they had threatened me..  it is a judgement call.

lazs

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #430 on: July 02, 2008, 08:06:26 AM »
the 911 call was 8 minutes long? where were the police?

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #431 on: July 02, 2008, 08:12:41 AM »
Shooting in the back or not, I wouldn't care. I'd drop em' like a bad habit! Only exception is I'd aim for their arses.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #432 on: July 02, 2008, 08:13:53 AM »
the 911 call was 8 minutes long? where were the police?

That's why normal everyday citizens don't need to be armed but big shot politicians like the Mayor of Atlanta need a full security screen when announcing the gun ban on public transportation to the the ATL airport.... in direct contravention to a recent law just passed by the GA legislature that allows carry on public transportation.

That instant police response will save you every time.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 08:37:22 AM by Toad »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #433 on: July 02, 2008, 08:18:36 AM »
What I said then is still what I believe..

"shooting in the back is poor form unless... the guy is still a threat.. it would be really poor form to not shoot him in the back if he was just running for cover in order to reload.

It is always a judgment call..

lazs"

Cops and government need to be held to a slightly higher standard but for most of us.. if we still feel the guy is a threat then it is dumb to not shoot him.. You are gonna feel pretty stupid if he is just running for cover and to get a better shot at you.

I don't know about this case in particular and no one here does.. only the guy who did the shooting does.. he is the only witness.   I would not like to take two lives simply because they were burglars and were running away when confronted.  I would tell them to stop.. if they did.. fine.  If they did not and I thought they were not a threat..  I would not shoot em I don't think.   If they had any kind of a weapon in their hand I would shoot em.. running away or not.. or.. if they had threatened me..  it is a judgement call.

lazs

if he didn't shoot, they most likely would've gotten away. if not they'd have beend eported eventually. they most certianly would've come back into the country. the next time they did something they most likely would've had a better weapon than a crowbar. they very likely would kill someone in their next robbery. that sounds like a threat i think.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #434 on: July 02, 2008, 08:19:53 AM »
carrel... don't get all hissy fit on us..

sure, some here are on the other side are having their own version of a hissy fit but..

the fact is that every situation is different..  xastur and you seem to short sighted on this.

You guys seem to be saying that all burglars are just that..  crooks looking to steal some stuff and sneak off into the night.

That is not the case all the time.. the crooks we have these days are also into hurting and killing and raping if they get the chance.. not all but.. enough.   some of them have no respect at all for human life.

So how do we know in the middle of the night if the crook is a "good crook" who is merely trying to support his family with your stuff or... the bad crook who would be just as happy to have people home so he could kill and maim and rape along with taking your stuff?   It is late and it is dark and people have invaded your..or your friends house...

It is a judgement call.. you can't tell what will happen but.. it is better to be safe than sorry.

In my opinion... people who break into houses know that others in their line of work are scum who kill and maim.. people who break into houses know that they could get shot by the homeowner (that is why so few break into occupied homes here unlike england)

They know it and they still do it.  soooooo... it is pretty certain that they are into extreme risks..  extreme behavior... You can't treat them like any other person you meet on the street.. they are simply not like you and me.

In england and other places it is not like that.. burglary seems to be a business where the rules are pretty clear... you hide under the bed and we steal and wreck all your stuff and no one gets hurt.

I would rather shoot a few "harmless" burglars than to end up with that situation.

but again...  just because he has turned his back on you does not mean he is not a threat in your home in the middle of the night.

lazs