Author Topic: General Gun Discussion  (Read 15064 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: General Gun Discussion
« Reply #375 on: July 01, 2008, 10:30:23 AM »
Whilst the scum he wasted will be no loss to society I think he is well in the wrong there.

- He went out there with the intention of killing them.

- He shot them in the back

Sure, they were breaking the law and low-life thieves deserve severe punishment but murdering them for stealing some replaceable crap from someone's house is over the top and way out of line.

Had the scumbags broken into HIS house and threatened him, sure.... fire away and aim for the head. The fact that he followed them out there and shot them in the back strikes me as being very, very wrong.

Just because this guy is an old fart he is 'scared' and gets away with two murders. If it was a young, single guy he'd be doing time. What a crock of chite.

maybe he was wrong........but...this all never would've happened if these two hadn't brought it on themselves. they ILLEGALLY came into this country. one of them was deported, and came back. then they broke into a home. it's no one's fault but thier own. maybe if they all knew this could happen, they might think twice?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #376 on: July 01, 2008, 10:34:58 AM »
I just listened to that tape. That's murder. He knew what he was doing and he went out to 'stop' them. The officers were on the way and unless the time between the shootings and the follow up phone call was drastically shortened the officers were only just around the corner and would have got the thieving scum.

They would have been shipped out of America and you guys wouldn't have to worry about them or paying for their jail term.

He should have been convicted for that. Very poor judgement by the shooter and your justice system.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #377 on: July 01, 2008, 10:42:31 AM »
The discussion that is starting in this thread was pretty well hashed out in the original thread when the event occurred.

I seriously doubt anyone has changed there opinion. I haven't and mine's on record in the old thread.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has changed their opinion (and the reasons why they changed) as a result of this ruling.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #378 on: July 01, 2008, 10:45:28 AM »
maybe he was wrong........but...this all never would've happened if these two hadn't brought it on themselves. they ILLEGALLY came into this country. one of them was deported, and came back. then they broke into a home. it's no one's fault but thier own. maybe if they all knew this could happen, they might think twice?

Like I said, if they broke into his home and threatened him they deserved a face full of hot chit. Gunning down two scumbags from behind for stealing someone else's crap that is covered by insurance is not justifiable at all.

Lock them up, throw the book at them, seize their assets etc etc.... whatever.

Crimes against property do not deserve an execution. That's what it was, you can hear it on the phone call, he tells the operator he's going to shoot them goes outside and says "You're dead!" and kills them.

Had it been a crime against a person.... have at it, gun those pieces of watermelon down where they stand...... but it wasn't.

If you let watermelon like this slide where does it end?

Let me be clear in that I feel no remorse for the dead guys, they were scum and they put themselves in that poisiton. In fact, I actually think it's pretty funny... criminals wave their rights when they commit the crime. They have no one to blame but themselves for their deaths. However, that doesn't make their murder right. Even if he only got two years for manslaughter or something.... He deserved that. You can't kill someone (let alone two) over a bloody stereo and get away with it clean.

If he'd taken them down but not killed them... maybe a slap on the wrists instead but he didn't even get that and he killed the salamanders!  :lol

I'm not particularly concerned about it, you guys can do what you like. However, I would be concerned about living in a community that considered his actions acceptable.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 10:54:52 AM by Xasthur »
Raw Prawns
Australia

Offline Carrel

• Copper Member
« Reply #379 on: July 01, 2008, 10:51:59 AM »
So shooting people in the back as they try to run is now "self defense?"

How about if we retitle this thread "Man gets away with murder?"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #380 on: July 01, 2008, 10:55:06 AM »
It kinda sounds to me like he outright murdered these two. Even under other circumstances property aint worth killing over.

I would hold a public official to a higher standard but as an individual.. I believe that he was within his rights to go over there armed and to make a call on if he was in mortal danger or not.. a cop for instance tho.. would be held to a higher standard and I would want proof that he was in grave danger.

Laz sometimes you even astound me. There are times you say something so ignorant its just astounding.

This fool outright murdered those two. Tho I aint surprised he wasnt indicted down there.

Very good job by the dispatcher tho. Trying to keep this fool in the house.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #381 on: July 01, 2008, 10:56:35 AM »
No thieve's life is worth more than the property he is stealing.  If we started shooting ALL thieves, we'd be in better condition as a country.

Instead, in most states, as long as the thief doesn't actually threaten you, you have to let him illegally take your stuff.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline slipknot

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #382 on: July 01, 2008, 10:56:51 AM »
This guy should be equipped and paid to be working the US/Mexican border.

As far as I'm concerned, with this sort of performance under his belt, the entire country should be counted as his front yard and he should be thanked for performing the service.

If we had more Horns on our side, the Mexicans would think twice before continuing their 'reconquest'.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #383 on: July 01, 2008, 11:05:53 AM »
In Texas you have the right to defend yourself, your property and come to the aid of the public.
The two were in the country illegally to begin with, not to mention the crime they were engaged at the time. Nuff said.
If some criminal has a problem with the outcome, I`d suggest another state or stay in your own country.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 11:07:57 AM by Jackal1 »
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #384 on: July 01, 2008, 11:17:35 AM »
In Texas you have the right to defend yourself, your property and come to the aid of the public.
The two were in the country illegally to begin with, not to mention the crime they were engaged at the time. Nuff said.
If some criminal has a problem with the outcome, I`d suggest another state or stay in your own country.

"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding on what to eat." 

It makes more sense if you mention the sheep in the first part as well.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #385 on: July 01, 2008, 11:22:24 AM »

They would have been shipped out of America .

they may or may not have gotten the scum. but they would've come right back. one of them had already been deported according to the article. there probably would've been legal battles to not deport them.
 they brought it on themselves.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
« Reply #386 on: July 01, 2008, 11:24:26 AM »
No thieve's life is worth more than the property he is stealing.  If we started shooting ALL thieves, we'd be in better condition as a country.

Instead, in most states, as long as the thief doesn't actually threaten you, you have to let him illegally take your stuff.

My state of Ohio has joined the ranks of those with a castle doctrine.You no longer have a duty to retreat.The governer signed the bill and it takes effect in about two more months.

http://www.freeconstitutionblog.com/2008/06/ohio-passes-castle-doctrine.html

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #387 on: July 01, 2008, 11:27:24 AM »
Cap, I said they left themselves open to whatever came of the situation they put themselves in. They bought and paid for what they got. Their execution, whilst a benefit to your society, was not justified.

I'm inclined to agree with you on this but how do you go about it? Let the people kill the thieves? I don't think anyone is naive enough to believe that would be a good idea.

Raw Prawns
Australia

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #388 on: July 01, 2008, 11:28:49 AM »
"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding on what to eat." 

It makes more sense if you mention the sheep in the first part as well.

I think not. :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #389 on: July 01, 2008, 11:33:30 AM »
So shooting people in the back as they try to run is now "self defense?"

How about if we retitle this thread "Man gets away with murder?"

shooting CRIMNALS in the back
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"