Author Topic: LA7 Dweeby?  (Read 2798 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: LA7 Dweeby?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 02:42:26 PM »
I wonder if any of the younger pilots were bragging about "How they took on 18 guys in their La-7 and 'owned' them all", or "How they're the greatest pilot on the game" at school to their friends. Now their friends are going to get AHII and do as they do. That's how I think the HO, Ram, Pick, and/or running dweebs come to be.

It's called the ZooZoo Syndrome.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 02:43:16 PM »
I feel it should be perked because it is over-represented in the game.

Not more than P51 or Spit XVI or N1k
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 02:45:31 PM »
But it IS fast! I feel it should be perked because it is over-represented in the game. F4U4 and C-Hog are perked as are the Tempest and spitXIV! Why not the LGay?

So new players will gravitate towards planes that are easy and forgiving to fly, what's the big deal?  Certainly no cause to perk the LA-7 or any of the other "n00b" friendly planes.

I also feel that those that call the LA-7 "Lgay-7" are just as sad as those they whine about and usually use that name out of frustration for getting their arses handed back by a two weeker in a LA-7.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 02:50:56 PM »
While Shane's comment is correct, in the grand scheme of things, the real answer to your question is that people generally refer to the La7s/Spit16s/Nikis as "dweeb" rides because they have no glaring weakness that can be easy and consistently exploited. 

They tend to do everything at 85% and above, whereas almost every other plane in the set has at least one distinct disadvantage.  Jug can't climb, 190 cant turn, pony cant accelerate, etc.  The 'dweeb rides' can do all those things and, in many situations, better than the rest in each case.

As an example, if you're in a 38J, you can generally out turn what you cant out run and out run what you cant out turn.  These rules do not apply when faced with a Spit16, however, because it can do just about everything better than the 38 can, placing the 38 at an immediate performance disadvantage and without any feasible options, regardless of player ability.

That's exactly it. It's a plane without any real area of defficiency, that is why it gets that moniker. Compound that with the fact that there's those people who continue to fly these types of planes who either just use them to ho or vulch and/or are very highly skilled. Having a player exclusivley flying a plane that is basically good to great at absolutely everything then talk smack about how fabulous he/she is on 200 ad nasuem adds to the "dweebery" factor of that particular ride.
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 02:54:32 PM »
"pilots"  :rofl :rofl :rolleyes:

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 02:55:37 PM »
I find that the greatest weakness to the LA7 seems to be the pilot him/herself.  

Exploiting their inexperience by luring them into traps, timing it just right, and then finally guttin' 'em is a lot of fun.  

Also, crushing their morale goes a long way.  They're awesomeness comes into question VERY quickly when there's a badguy on their six that doesn't fire.  Hehehe, I love that.  Make 'em burn all their e to the point of floundering, then spittin lead right into the cockpit.  Greatest feelin in the world.
"You rebel scum"

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 02:56:23 PM »
Today, I even encountered a Spixteen pilot who wouldn't engage my 109G-14 on Co-e terms. :huh  I thought, "Gee, you have almost every advantage, but you still won't fight?"
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 03:05:58 PM »
Any plane is going to be considered dweeby to another player no matter what it is. As for my own opinion on on LAs, sure, I like to make fun of them but I do enjoy fighting them as long as I have the advantage, if not, definetly do not like them lol

:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2008, 03:09:34 PM »
  I think its the combination of the traits it has, durable,lethal cannons,speed,acceleration,manuverabilty. Most planes have some of those, but not all. Planes that have that much going for it are bound to be looked down on.

~AoM~

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 03:10:59 PM »
I just hate La-7's and never fly them because when I started playing I just got a bad view of them.

HATE? Thats a strong word!! :furious

Bad view of them?  Could you explain what you mean?

What I mean is, specifically what do you" hate" about them?
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 03:15:10 PM »
I am not a fan of the LA-7. Short range and ammo load...  But it IS fast! I feel it should be perked because it is over-represented in the game. F4U4 and C-Hog are perked as

And if the LA-7 had the range and ordinance capabilities of my Corsair, I might agree that it should probably be perked.  But as it is, it has short guns and short legs, and is a decent defense package but usually a one way trip offensively.

I'm generally opposed to the constant cries of "perk the <whatever>", because if you perk everything good then at some point not only does the fledgling pilot have to compete with decades of experience, he has to do so in some piece of doodoo aircraft while the veteran of the game can fly whatever the perked ones without penalty.  I think the perk levels are probably just about right - they kind of "herd" players but aren't restrictive if that's what you want to do.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 03:40:56 PM »
I have no problems getting 45 mins of fuel in an La7.   Most "dweebs" haven't a clue on how to use the strengths of the La7.   They just roll, WEP, BnZ or HO.   

The La7 is one of the best turnfighters in the game.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 03:42:31 PM »
It's called the ZooZoo Syndrome.

ack-ack
:uhoh
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2008, 04:25:03 PM »
So new players will gravitate towards planes that are easy and forgiving to fly, what's the big deal?  Certainly no cause to perk the LA-7 or any of the other "n00b" friendly planes.

ack-ack

It is interesting that you point this out, as this is true.  Otherwise new pilots would get frustrated and quit in short order.  I feel that the LA-7 was never forgiving to me so I rarely fly it(we are not currenly on speaking terms :lol).  Perk any of the above mentioned planes?  Nah.  I agree with Ack on this.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 04:41:01 PM »
Yesterday during a unusual, for me, 200 flame , someone told me I was flying a "point and shoot LA-7".

I didn't get it yesterday and dont get it today. If anything the La-7 is anything but a point and shoot cause easy kills dont happen in it until you are 200 away. Yes you can kill from 400 to 600 but it aint like its 4 Hispanos in a RunPhoon or like a lot of other more long range gun fighters.

Theres more then a few that can run with you and a whole lot that can out turn you. Get an LA-7 slowed down and its almost an easy kill.

I get shot down a fair amount in it cause I upp them a lot when my field is capped and I almost always have to look up to see enemy fighters. That and I always turn and fight in them. You aint going to learn nothing by running.

Other planes are far more "represented". Because they have far more range and better high alt performance they will almost always have alt on an LA-7. I see far more spits, Ponys, 190s, Nikis, and a lot of others as much. I'd like to actually see the stats on whats flying most. For the most part you only see LAs during a base defense against high odds.

"Point and shoot"? Thats a good one. As is its "only noobs" doing the HO'ing :lol

Want to see "dweebery" just visit your local 45 minute vulch and watch your ace boomers/zoomers rack up their spawn kills and then run at the first sight of a con that can actually run them down.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 04:42:40 PM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"