Author Topic: LA7 Dweeby?  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Re: LA7 Dweeby?
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2008, 05:29:12 PM »
It's very simple.  If you notice quite a few rides are considered "dweeby."   What do they all have in common?

They give other players fits.

Theer's no such thing as a "Dweeb plane"  only "Dweeb pilots."

Has it.  A dweeb in a la7 is the worst, especially shane . :mad:
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2008, 05:48:28 PM »
Has it.  A dweeb in a la7 is the worst, especially shane . :mad:

Shane was good, but then anyone with experience flying nothing but  La7's you'd expect them to be. However Shane lost any respect for his skills in a La7 with his attitude towards other on 200.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2008, 06:07:09 PM »
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...

No offense, I was just filling space, but you spent 4 of your six paragraphs responding to a response I made to someone elses quote and I never suggested the La should be perked.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2008, 06:10:53 PM »
Nothing I said was incorrect or off-topic, sorry about any crossed wires/communications breakdown though.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2008, 07:36:02 PM »
Shane was good, but then anyone with experience flying nothing but  La7's you'd expect them to be. However Shane lost any respect for his skills in a La7 with his attitude towards other on 200.

<S>...-Gixer

I flew a broad spectrum of the planeset - all pretty much equally well; just that the La7 was used more often.

As for your ch 200 issues <shrug>, I didn't fly/play for respect.  :aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2008, 07:47:23 PM »
Hey there Lurker! Flying back in the MA yet? Full planeset? Well I made that comment because over the years when ever I saw you land kills it was always in a La7. And it never bothered me that you did only fly the red rocket as it was good to see someone push it's envelope, which is pretty frig big to start with.

And yes 200 was never pleasant from memory but that was then.  <S>

<S>...-Gixer

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2008, 08:05:04 PM »
Landing kills in anything was usually an event for me.  I avg'd around 3-4 kills per death in just about everything I flew after I learned it.  I enjoyed the 109 series. The day they removed gondies from the F4 was a tragic one.

But... yeah, the La7 was more survivable.

Over the years, the kills I savor most were those where I had no ammo left (or a few rounds) and had to fly them into the ground for manuever kills.  ammo? i doan need no steekin' ammo!  :rock

suck it down, castrati!!!!

wanders out mumbling about slobberdonkeys.  :noid

<faux> :salute 

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2008, 09:58:44 PM »
People who regularly fly La7's and spit16's are the same people who won't play a 1st person shooter without the cheat codes. They want no sort of challenge--what have you accomplished killing people with an AK47 when everyone else has Springfield 1903's?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2008, 11:50:26 PM »
Yeah hands up all dweebs that never finished Doom on "Nightmare"   :devil

<S>...-Gixer

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2008, 11:55:49 PM »
People who regularly fly La7's and spit16's are the same people who won't play a 1st person shooter without the cheat codes. They want no sort of challenge--what have you accomplished killing people with an AK47 when everyone else has Springfield 1903's?

Whoa, wait a minute there...
People who fly La7s and Spit16s are those who realize that HTC lets them have extremely competitive planes...so they fly 'em. Nothing wrong with that. I don't fool with them much, I have a liking for other aircraft, but I'm not going to get on some high-horse about it. Don't blame the pilots for taking what gifts HTC gives them, look to modify the perk system if you think an aircraft is overused or has too many inherent advantages.

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2008, 11:58:37 PM »
However Shane lost any respect for his skills in a La7 with his attitude towards other on 200.

<S>...-Gixer

That was his most redeeming quality!  Nobody enjoys some good smack talk anymore, bunch a sissies.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2008, 12:11:51 AM »
That was his most redeeming quality!  Nobody enjoys some good smack talk anymore, bunch a sissies.

Smack talk is fine, all good fun. It's when it degenerates into direct insults isn't.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2008, 12:15:14 AM »

Define "good smack talk".

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2008, 12:30:39 AM »
I flew a broad spectrum of the planeset - all pretty much equally well; just that the La7 was used more often.

As for your ch 200 issues <shrug>, I didn't fly/play for respect.  :aok
I DO miss your excuses.  :)
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2008, 12:32:28 AM »

Alright, I'll swallow this hook...

[edit:  I spit the hook back out] 

Ok, I totally bit that bait, but there it is.  Doggone Rooks reset the map and I had some time to kill.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 01:17:41 AM by toonces3 »
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila