Author Topic: Why I love puffy ack  (Read 376 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Why I love puffy ack
« on: May 24, 2008, 04:02:47 AM »
Two good examples from today show why I love puffy ack so much.

1.  I'm flying a bomber formation over a port; I kill the vh twice; I destroy some guns on the cv; I take my time with the puffy ack constantly targeting me, but only lose 1 gunner before I'm out of bombs. :rolleyes:

2.  Dragging a spitfire up, we cross the threshold where puffy ack begins to fire.  There's one or two puffs and BOOM, he's dead, I get a proxy kill. :rock  Obviously he should have known better because I am soooooo sierra hotel. :devil

Right?

:noid
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Why I love puffy ack
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 07:45:17 AM »
Puffy ack blew the wing off both my Mustang and 262 this month.

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 12:00:36 PM »
Prediction code and collision code determine your ability to play this game....rarely skill.
Sad to say, some can fly in that stuff day and night without getting a scratch....

Some, die almost immediately.

It needs tweaked.  Dunno if they call it that in this game but it's pretty much a universal term for a online game when it comes to coding.

S

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 02:31:32 PM »
I have even been engaged in a 1vs1 fight nearby opposing cv groups when both of us are hit by puffy ack at the same time. :rolleyes:  How's that for fun? :furious
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 02:37:45 PM »
Prediction code and collision code determine your ability to play this game....rarely skill.
Sad to say, some can fly in that stuff day and night without getting a scratch....

It needs tweaked.  Dunno if they call it that in this game but it's pretty much a universal term for a online game when it comes to coding.

S

A note to any newer players reading this- Sincraft has no idea what he's talking about. Despite his matter-of-fact tone, his interpretation of how the game works is usually the opposite of how it works.

Just a heads-up.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 02:49:24 PM »

So if you out maneuver somebody and get behind him it was just the prediction code and the collision code that did it and practicing ACM is just a waste of time?

Or do you just fly bombers where skill doesn't come into play. Laser bombing, Robogunners and drone pilots are where the code is messed up.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 04:37:48 PM »
A note to any newer players reading this- Sincraft has no idea what he's talking about. Despite his matter-of-fact tone, his interpretation of how the game works is usually the opposite of how it works.

Just a heads-up.

Is that like the 'Surgeon General's Warning' on cigarettes?
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 07:56:55 PM »
puffy ack as it is, is still not working.

its 100% safe to fly bombers straight and level though puffy
its 100% unsafe to turn and burn fighters. 2 puffs and bang, tower. its BS :furious.

its too perfect with its aiming the box should be firing at you where u was 1sec ago at least, not where you are that exact milli sec......

also, its wierd how it only targets one plane, say a formation of 3 buff pilots (9 planes) fly over target, it only attacks closest plane?
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 09:29:56 PM »
I think HT just likes screwing with us. I can't blame him, but it still sucks.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 02:29:50 AM »
at the absolute very least, puff ack should be disabled when cons of the same country as the ack are near the plane its firing at..

nothing is more absurd, annoying or retarded as being in the middle of a twisting turning fight with a con and being blotted out of the sky by CV ack from half a sector away. 

Offline Wayout

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 06:25:37 AM »

And all this time I thought I was the worse player in the history of AH.  Guess I'm just the unluckyest  (is their such a word?  "Unluckyest") 
  For most people the sky is the limit.  For a pilot the sky is home.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 08:41:11 AM »

S

Again ... your (lack of) "knowledge" of how this game is "coaded" shows terribly ... you should really do a lot more research before you post something like this again and save yourself some embarrassment.

Your "universal" assumptions are so wrong.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 04:58:27 AM »
My favorite times.Last week set autoclimb and went to get a coffee. got back as I traversed te outer edge of a puffy factory. I am almosta sector away from this thing when pop there goes my radiator. :mad:

the worst ever though, in a sector with only a friendly CV and a baltic island base thats friendly. I am an F6F turnfighting at 10k with someone from the Gelded Runstang crowd. He makes a mistake and I am about to have him, he misjudged estates and even a dive tothe deck wont work. I am pulling lead,when I am killed by my own puffy ack! :mad:
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 06:36:17 AM »
Again ... your (lack of) "knowledge" of how this game is "coaded" shows terribly ... you should really do a lot more research before you post something like this again and save yourself some embarrassment.

Your "universal" assumptions are so wrong.
At least he got the 'salute' part right :lol
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 07:35:09 AM »
Puffy ack blew the wing off both my Mustang and 262 this month.
Puffy ack really knows how to blow!  :eek:
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok