Author Topic: LA7 Dweeby?  (Read 2666 times)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: LA7 Dweeby?
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2008, 10:18:08 AM »
I really don't see the parallel, especially since no argument has been made for it.  On the other hand, between two experienced pilots who understand this game, when one chooses an FM-2, and the other a Spit16, the former has opted for a greater challenge.  It doesn't make him a more skilled pilot (perhaps the Spit16 pilot is more skilled), but it is what I call having a bigger pair.  And this use of the phrase fits very well with agreed upon public usage.  Maybe you disagree with the phrase itself, but there are many others that would substitute well, i.e. any phrase that means taking the path of greater resistance.  You wouldn't disagree that some aircraft in this game are more challenging to succeed in than others, and you wouldn't disagree with calling them a path of greater resistance; well, why do you so vehemently resist attributing aircraft selection in this game to character traits?

The only fallacy here is what's called a "horse-laugh" or appeal to ridicule, which you made above.

hmm ... what if the spit 16 is upping from a vulched field and the FM-2 is coming from the CV ack umbrella ?

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: LA7 Dweeby?
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2008, 10:19:53 AM »
I'll tell a story on your behalf since you are being humble.  Several of us were shot down and we left Karaya all alone over an enemy Abase.  We all upped to fly the 30 miles back to that base and asked what was going on over there.  He said the 6-7 fighters that were there, are still there. We said that we would hurry as fast as we could.  He says, "Don't worry about."   We are almost there and here he comes flying back toward our base.  He had shot them all down...   I giggled in a silly fashion and wished that I were 20% as good as that.  Its the pilot, not the plane. 

and then you realized it wasn't me and you woke up to go to work. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC