Author Topic: How to BnZ  (Read 2486 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: How to BnZ
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2008, 06:21:10 PM »
Yeah, you're right. Next you'll tell me about this pilot who is absolute genius in a D9, never lands kills, but who you can swear is the best in the game because you've seen the unbelievable ACMs he pulls off.
  Made up fudge.  But like I said, look up NathBDP 190 films.. Compare and contrast.. 
*EDIT** How about I revise my position of Yenny being ONE OF THE BEST D9 pilots in the game. Happy?
That's accurate... More accurate might be to say he's one of the best high speed acm D9 sticks..
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 06:25:00 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2008, 06:29:37 PM »
Nah like I said, it's for informational purposes =) to teach young BnZmer how to BnZ. I really want to see more effective BnZmers out there. Sad to see 190s landing with 2-3 kills. As for ego O.o? who am i really, I just play the game 4 months + ago, I know im way behind the time curve. I have nothing to gain by showing people how to BnZ except gettin flame for it because the "older experience" pilots doesnt wanna see it. Which I think it's not fair to with hold information about the game, from others that are seeking for it. Make them work for it, but give them a lil nud into the right direction.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
Mighty Score, show me the way to enlightenment!
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2008, 06:32:29 PM »
We can judge this by looking at our scores. The majority of people do this, when they r in fighter mode they are a bit more timid. I've catch you running a few time, and that was you're probably in fighter mode.

Only different is the majority of my time spent 80% + is contributed to fighter mode, compare to your 20% of time in fighter mode. I mean all you really do is wait til the area is ripe, get in your uber bnz plane and bnz for that 20% to bank your "ranking". That's fine, however you play suits you.
What?  Not even gonna touch this one.. :lol Best of luck teaching others BnZ.

<S>

p.s.  The whole point that flew over your head in most of the above posts is that doing nothing but BnZ and stalling the fight until the enemy is as close to 0% threat as possible is not "the right direction".  That's as shallow a "victory" as you could have, whether it's done in whatever score mode, or whether your squaddies are there too, salivating over the prospect that one measly con is about to be completely drained of E and incapable of putting up a fight - cue commitment from the "best of the D9 sticks". 

Maybe I'm just jaded. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 06:36:21 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2008, 06:34:55 PM »
I don't see any ego emanating from Yenny's posts at all. He is simply showing his BnZ films in the Training forum. Also, if you've actually talked to him in the game, you'll see he doesn't give off a sense of superiority and big headedness (not a word I know) when he gets and lands kills.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2008, 06:54:41 PM »
Well, he's the first one to mention ego.. I was pointing out what ought to be obvious, he immediately makes it about "ego", "the muppets", "score", etc, when all I said what that emphasizing only BnZ and saying Yenny is the best D9 stick are both inaccurate and not what new players ought to take as the truth.

It doesn't matter if I've gotten one impression of him or another in the game.. That too has nothing to do with what I posted here.  What matters is that new players show up here, see this, and come away thinking doing nothing but timid BnZ is all the game has to offer, or all it's about.  That's skewed perspective and not going to make the game much better..  Most crappy(how many PC rules do I break using this word? - just calling it like it is)/new players are already far into the BnZ habits and showing them more timid flying as examplary isn't "good".
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2008, 06:57:37 PM »
I look at it the ohter way, I show them how to survive longer first. THen TnB skill will come. Peeps will get tired of just dying and leave, it's better off to see them making it through the first few months surviving imo.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2008, 07:04:22 PM »
They're both the same thing. Both TnB and BnZ are geometry & timing at different speeds. 
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2008, 07:11:40 PM »
Yes and No. I do think that by having new players surviving longer, they will have more confident and stay with our community. My squad, we recruit all the new guys and show them the rope. Either as bomber, as fighter, GV etc.. I believe in helping out the new guys, making them feel welcome to the game, and stay at it. That just me though.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2008, 07:15:59 PM »
Suriving longer thanks to a proper control of ACM, aka geometry and timing, whether BnZ or TnB.  There's no ambiguity there.

If welcoming new guys and turning them into non-fighting sticks like gavagai and syrax are your idea of positive additions to the game... Let's just say Fw190s' reputation isn't about to improve.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2008, 07:19:54 PM »
Nah objective is to make them learn how to survive, then work on tnb. ACM comes over time, not right away.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2008, 07:25:47 PM »
The best way to survive is to kill.  ACM does come pretty much right away, it's as simple as seeing a diagram of it. It's perfecting the execution that takes time, and that happens with practice.  There's no substitute.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2008, 07:27:39 PM »
^^ that's what happen at the end of WWII when german had no more aces. Them new pilot just get slaughter. Good thing they dont get slaughter in AH but, they do lose that will to play after getting shot down 50x in a few hours. I know I did for a bit, took a few break etc.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2008, 07:32:02 PM »
The best way to survive is to kill.  ACM does come pretty much right away, it's as simple as seeing a diagram of it. It's perfecting the execution that takes time, and that happens with practice.  There's no substitute.
M00t is correct if a new guy is taught to  only bnz then he will be stuck with that reaction and method its a bad habbit and it makes it even harder to aquire good acm skill later. Bnz is a shortcut imo no way you can actually fight through bnz.

I wish I woulda been trained in acm off the bat but i devolped bad tendencies that were really hard to work out of later on and only because I had 2 very qualified trainers did I get over them.
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2008, 07:37:24 PM »
I had to learn it the hard way I guess. When I was new I got shot down a buncha times. I got discourage and quit a few x. I came back rethink what I did wrong, and starting to BnZ. From BnZ I learn how to tnb, not as good as ya 6 years + ace but I can handle my own with TnB. It's working progress though. That's why I am a big fan of BnZ first then TnB after.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2008, 08:11:40 PM »
Truth.

The rest of this thread makes me laugh.  Yenny has no clue what BnZ truly is.

I should post the film where he has 5 castrati following me to try to get an easy pick on me then I hand his bellybutton to him without ever giving one of his lackeys a shot.