Author Topic: Learn Who The Enemy Aces Are  (Read 7423 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Learn Who The Enemy Aces Are
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 10:57:40 PM »
Of the two opinions, I'll take Lute's.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 11:01:24 PM »
    If you're a newbie.  One thing you can do to increase your survival rate is learn the names of the best enemy pilots.  Check the Roster and score under fighter.  The guys you are looking for have a kill to death ratio of 5-1.   If you see somebody land with 7 or 8 kills, i recommend you write down their name.
Great Scores, GreatK/D , GreatK/S  does not tell how competent  another player is, it only shows one aspect they have down and that is how to obtain a great rank, this is probably one of the easiest things to accomplish with a little practice. MANY MANY of the top tier / top shelf Flyers in the game will have scores anywhere from 800 down to 4000........and they do not worry about score, they care only about if it was a good fight or not regardless if they win or lose

You can BnZ these guys and get away with it, but you better do a good honest BnZ and get outta there if you don't kill em.  Don't stick around and dog fight with one or you'll likely end up DEAD.
Before you spout off telling others about "better do a good honest BNZ and get outta there", you should seriously learn exactly what BNZ ( Boom and Zoom attack / Tactic ) is, and then you should seriously learn how BNZ is performed properly. You do not make BNZ by doing a one pass hit and run. Hit and Run for the safety of your friendly ack is what you are telling others to do. A person who performs BnZ tactics and who do it properly will never extend further than 2.0 K away from their opponent, maybe stretching it to 3.0K max distance between reversing

Don't return to a sector if you know a HOT SHOT enemy pilot is working there.  Unless you come back in a superior plane with alot of altitude advantage (not too much though, about 4K should do it), so you can easily disengage.   Like a P-57 versus a Zero.   You don't wanna still be climbing struggeling to reach your attack altitude when you enter the sector.  You wanna be level and fast to surprise these guys.
Telling others to come in with a minimum of 4.0 K altitude advantage and with Level High Speed, is only putting others in a bad situation, anything over 3.0K altitude advantage is really a waste, and if you dive from higher than that why already fast, will make you attack on the extreme high end of your aircraft's flight preformance envelope, possibly putting someone in a situation where the plane starts to compress, or becomes sluggish in response to controls when trying to saddle up on the defender they are attacking. In which easily lets the Defender perform an overshoot maneuver and easily landing hits if not killing the misinformed Hit and Run attacker 

They do tend to fixate though on other newbies who try to hide under their own flak at bases and CV's.  So you might catch'em unaware.  But my advise is to avoid em like the plague until you get some experience.
Only the Score mongers and horde flyers are the ones who sit and pick and vulch low slow flyers coming out of their own ack/flak.  You need to gain more experience yourself, for you have completely misled everyone in each part of this posted thread of yours 

There are plenty of mediocre pilots out there you can practice on.  And even the AI in the offline arenas will give you a run for your money.

yes 75% or more of all the flyers are average/mediocre, and if you think the AI in offline training missions will give you a run for your money, you have not reached mediocre status yet, you are still in the noob stage, grasshoppa

The advice about gaining experience by flying against the best in the MA is o.k, if you're interested in learning how to get yourself killed over and over again.  Just my opinion. 
If you take the time to learn how to watch a recorded film, and disect the fight , exam the points where you did the wrong maneuver or maybe did something right, then dieing to a better or good/great player is well worth the time.  and your opinion needs more experience before giving an opinion that is worth listening too..........you seem to read these AH boards, take some time and ask the better flyers for pointers, go to the DA and look for members of the Kennel, go to the TA and look for Trainers.......if you are serious about wanting to learn how to fight and have the atitude that, I am going to win even if you have 3 or 4 enemy diving on you, then I am sure people will be willing to offer you some advice :salute     
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 11:29:18 PM »
Before you spout off telling others about "better do a good honest BNZ and get outta there", you should seriously learn exactly what BNZ ( Boom and Zoom attack / Tactic ) is, and then you should seriously learn how BNZ is performed properly. You do not make BNZ by doing a one pass hit and run. Hit and Run for the safety of your friendly ack is what you are telling others to do. A person who performs BnZ tactics and who do it properly will never extend further than 2.0 K away from their opponent, maybe stretching it to 3.0K max distance between reversing

[    [/b][/color]

Amen  :aok
Thank you for illuminating the difference between Boom and Zoom and "One pass, haul ass".

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 11:58:09 PM »
Definitely a shade troll.  It's just too bad he's spewing this garbage in the help and training forum.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 12:12:05 AM »
I don't even know for sure that he's a troll. I just think his first post is absolutely hilarious. Kudos for the comedy. I especially like the part about not working in a sector where a "HOT SHOT" pilot is  :lol  :lol

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2008, 12:16:38 AM »
 :rofl

IP Ban?

:noid
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2008, 12:56:10 AM »
TROLL
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2008, 01:01:45 AM »
    If you're a newbie.  One thing you can do to increase your survival rate is learn the names of the best enemy pilots.  Check the Roster and score under fighter.  The guys you are looking for have a kill to death ratio of 5-1.   If you see somebody land with 7 or 8 kills, i recommend you write down their name.  You can BnZ these guys and get away with it, but you better do a good honest BnZ and get outta there if you don't kill em.  Don't stick around and dog fight with one or you'll likely end up DEAD.
    Don't return to a sector if you know a HOT SHOT enemy pilot is working there.  Unless you come back in a superior plane with alot of altitude advantage (not too much though, about 4K should do it), so you can easily disengage.   Like a P-57 versus a Zero.   You don't wanna still be climbing struggeling to reach your attack altitude when you enter the sector.  You wanna be level and fast to surprise these guys.   They do tend to fixate though on other newbies who try to hide under their own flak at bases and CV's.  So you might catch'em unaware.  But my advise is to avoid em like the plague until you get some experience.
     There are plenty of mediocre pilots out there you can practice on.  And even the AI in the offline arenas will give you a run for your money.  The advice about gaining experience by flying against the best in the MA is o.k, if you're interested in learning how to get yourself killed over and over again.  Just my opinion. 

You are kidding right?

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2008, 07:53:51 AM »
I think it's a Yenny shade.   :aok
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2008, 08:02:14 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out what a P-57 is. :huh
Lighten up Francis

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2008, 08:28:54 AM »
well, let's make it very very simple for the newbies.

1)read whatever you can find on the trianers help page
2)go to the TA, and seek help
3)go into any of the MA's, and fight anything that has a red icon
4)thisone is the most important. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<>;
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline stephen waldron

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2008, 08:37:37 AM »
    Oh.  Here's another piece of advice for newbies.   Don't fly against "mountain hugger".  These are enemy pilots that keep flying along the side of a mountain at low altitude.   It's a common trick used by better pilots to kill inexperienced opponents.  They trade a couple of high deflection shots to bait you, and then they fly you into the side of a mountain for the kill.  
     It's surprising how often this tactic works.   Don't fall for it.  The kill shot isn't on the side of the mountain.  The counter tactic is to throttle back, save your fuel and wait the guy out.   Don't try saving the other newbies attacking the plane.  You can't save them.  
     A P57 with a drop tank is good for this.   This guy has deliberately chosen a plane that maneuvers really well, it isn't going to be fast when he runs away.  When he gets low on ammo, WEP and gas and turns back to go home you follow him till he gets clear of the mountain and you KILL HIM.
     By the way.  Some of the experienced pilots call me the TROLL because i tell new guys about these cheap tricks and how to counter the tactics.   THEY DON'T LIKE IT.  They would prefer that you die in a proper grotesque manner befitting all newbies.   They will always advise you to ATTACK regardless of whether or not you are being BAITED and believe DEATH is the price you should pay for the wisdom they are imparting.  

Offline Rosscoe1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2008, 08:47:30 AM »
This by far is the stupidest advice I have ever read.

agreed  :rofl
In game name: 613Rosco
613th SOS Pariah
Been on Aces High for 3 years now.
Disclaimer on posts: Most will be pointless disregard if you wish.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2008, 08:48:21 AM »
Don't try saving the other newbies attacking the plane.  You can't save them.

:rofl   :aok
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2008, 08:49:14 AM »
If you lawn-dart yourself into the side of a mountain while diving on a con on the deck from 20k in your Tempest at 600mph it's your own damn fault for not paying attention to altitude and airspeed.

It's all become clear to me. I think someone got spanked in his "uber" late-war ride by someone in an F4F-4 or other early, and it HAD to be because the guy who killed him pulled some "cheap trick," because there's no way in HELL his "sk1llz" should have failed him
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.